By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - *Help me find a PS3 game*

I want to get a PS3 game for my brother for Christmas...but I don't know what one to buy. As many of you know I play the Wii most of the time and only play the PS3 sometimes but he likes the PS3.

Anyway I need to find the best game out there for him. 

Please list games that you feel fit what I want but feel free to just list games that are good too...

*A game that is very unique or creative.

*A game that is going to last a while.

*A game that gives you something to do even when beaten.

*A game that is either very interesting or just good overall.

Think games like LittleBigPlanet since that meats all of these or Scribblenauts for DS...

Around the Network

flOwer

Uncharted 2

Wipeout HD/Fury

Yakuza 3

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

well I don't know what games he has, but Demon's Souls fits all of those requirements far as I can tell.  Valkyria Chronicles comes in at 2nd based on what you want though it doesn't have a ton to do after the first play through is done.  That's assuming the guy is ok with RPGs.  If he doesn't I think Uncharted 2 should be your next choice.

Fat Princess!

Ratchet And Clank: A Crack in Time?

Good game, has some unique platforming. You can replay the game on challenge mode as many times as you want on the same save and keep your weapons.

Around the Network
AdventWolf said:

Ratchet And Clank: A Crack in Time?

Good game, has some unique platforming. You can replay the game on challenge mode as many times as you want on the same save and keep your weapons.

He didn't like the PSP Ratchet and Clank game so is this one different? What about the Sly Collection isn't that similar to Ratchet?

Anyway 2 of you named Uncharted 2 so why is this one so good?

Ajescent said:

flOwer

Uncharted 2

Wipeout HD/Fury

Yakuza 3

He has Flower and liked it... he doesn't like racing games much...

What is good about Yakuza 3? How long is it? What do you do? Please explain.

Yeah I wouldn't compare Size Matters with this game at all. A Crack In Time has a great story with several quadrants to travel to with multiple planets in each. The game is much bigger and the weapons are cooler.

@The Sly Collection, I have only played the first Sly Cooper and it was a decent platformer but I favor the Ratchet and Clank series a little more.

Uncharted 2 got GOTY awards for a reason, the game is awesome!

Modnation Racers. It's a very colourful and cute game. It's also got a really good campaign with a pretty funny storyline and heaps of replay value. It's got 4 player splitscreen and it's also got online multiplayer. The character, level and car creators in the game are amazing, I've spent hours just making levels and earning new customization items and it's always fun going through the levels of other players and looking at their Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing and other pop culture styled levels. The only fault I can find with the game is that the loading can be pretty long, but I think a patch was released that's cut it down.

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm. The game looks amazing and it's very easy to pick up and play. It has an open hub world that let's you collect things and run around with Naruto, the story campaign is really good and very stylized. It's 2 players, but it's really fun and it's a different experience when compared to other fighting games. It was one of my favourite games in 2008 and I don't even like Naruto.

Ratchet & Clank: A Future Crack in Time. If your nephews are into Mario or Banjo, he'll love the new Ratchet & Clank, it's pretty amazing. Besides looking like a Pixar movie, the story line is long, extremely fun and imaginative. It's really humorous, it has some great characters and the gameplay constantly changes up through the game, while offering heaps of customization towards your large weapon collection. It doesn't have any multi-player, but I'm on my second play through and I'm playing the game completely differently by using different types of weapons and different approaches to the gameplay.

The God of War Collection. Next to Pokemon, Diddy Kong Racing and Oblivion, the God of War series is one of my favourites. The collection gives you two HD PS2 games, along with the God of War 3 demo. That's about 25 hours of gameplay and it's one of the best franchises to be created in the last decade. I've played both the first and second game about three times each and I'm half way through a second play through of the third. It's a pretty gory action game, but it's epic and the best of it's breed.

Yakuza 3. I just finished the game, I think it's the best game I've played since Pokemon Yellow. It's very hard to describe, so I'll just recommend downloading the demo off PSN. It's an action RPG, with a great story, heaps of style and heaps of replay value. I finished the game after 25 hours and I was shocked to see that I was only 15% done. It's a fun game, it's also very charming, which is a rare thing to find in games today.

Infamous. It's the best sandbox game I've ever played. The game is all about great gameplay, the controls are so tight and responsive that I've played through the game twice and I never got bored. The story is great, it's got a long campaign that encourages multiple play through's and you can probably find it for a pretty low price. 

The Sly Cooper Collection: Three great action platformers, $40, in HD and it has a bunch of mini games just added for the sake of making it an even better package. It's not out yet, but it's out in a couple of days. Youtube it.

Street Fighter 4, Assassins Creed 2, Uncharted 2, Valkyria Chronicles and Little Big Planet are also some great choices, I'd recommend skipping LBP, only because the second one seems to be much better. I'd also recommend buying your nephew a PSN card with a set amount of money on it. Games like Joe Danger, Wipeout Fury, Fat Princess and Trine are all creative games that give you heaps of replay value.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

*Sound Of Rain said:
Ajescent said:

flOwer

Uncharted 2

Wipeout HD/Fury

Yakuza 3

He has Flower and liked it... he doesn't like racing games much...

What is good about Yakuza 3? How long is it? What do you do? Please explain.

So basically you're a former Yakuza boss who decided to call it a day so he can run an orphanage but shit gets real when the guy who you chose to be your replacement gets shot and you are asked to come back into action and kick ass and chew bubble gum.

It's basically an openworld RPG (regardless of what anyone else here says ¬_¬) main quest is about 20-30hrs but after your first playthrough, you'll probably only have about 4% completion rate and you are free to roam the cities once you've completed the game or retry on a harder difficulty setting. There's acres of activities to do.

Bowling

Fishing

Dating

Kareoke

Arcades

Amongst other things.

posibilities are endless with this one.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?