By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goldeneye outselling Modern Warfare Wii sku for the comparable period.

Thats coming from http://www.nintendo-universe.co.uk/2010/11/05/goldeneye-007-outselling-modern-warfare-2/ The article is confusing so take it as you will. If true that is really good news. More good news. http://www.nintendoeverything.com/. Nintendo’s UK head of comms Rob Saunders

“The sales of GoldenEye show that these titles can and do perform well on Wii. The idea that Wii owners are only after smaller mini-game compilations or first-party titles isn’t true. A good quality title, supported well by both publisher and retail, has just as much chance of performing well as any Nintendo title.”

Posted 05 November 2010 | News, Wii   

It would seem that the re-imaging of Goldeneye 007 is far more tempting a purchase to Wii owners than that of last year’s blockbuster title Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, according to comments from Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg.

Hirshberg comments, “This title has only been out for a few days, but it’s already out selling last year’s Modern Warfare as Wii SKU for the comparable period.”

Goldeneye 007 released exclusively for Wii across North America on Tuesday, and has launched within Europe today.

Updating the numbers so far for both Goldeneye and Black Ops Wii.

December 4, 2010

Goldeneye- 255,794 in the Americas

191,644 in EMEAA

Worldwide- 447,438 total

Black Ops- 209,888 in the Americas

89,548 in EMEAA

Worldwide- 299,436

Around the Network

Its because Goldeneye is Wii exclusive. These same users can buy the CoD game on their PS360, as by now any gamer who likes this genre will own one of these systems as well.

superchunk said:

Its because Goldeneye is Wii exclusive. These same users can buy the CoD game on their PS360, as by now any gamer who likes this genre will own one of these systems as well.

Plus it's not a port of a two-year old game.  That helps.

It's not just that it's an exclusive. MWR was full price, but with less content (no split screen, even if there were good reasons for that). That's also not the best way to attract people to ports. I know I bring up RE4 a lot, but it matters as an example. It was full price on the PS2 with but more content, and same content but with a lower price on the Wii. Both forms made the game a hit on both systems.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

If developers put the effort on Wii games it will sell. Eurocom is not one of the top developers but they did a really good job with Goldeneye and that makes me want to support companies like them. Ones who put effort in Wii games.

Around the Network
GianCarmen said:

If developers put the effort on Wii games it will sell. Eurocom is not one of the top developers but they did a really good job with Goldeneye and that makes me want to support companies like them. Ones who put effort in Wii games.

Amen man.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

It was expected, wasn't?

Good, might sell 100k lifetime after all.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

"It would seem that the re-imaging of Goldeneye 007 is far more tempting a purchase to Wii owners than that of last year’s blockbuster title Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, according to comments from Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg."

This may be because MW2 wasn't released on the Wii last year.  Reflex, perhaps?

I wonder if Activision will be so upbeat if, as I suspect, they see Wii sales of Black Ops disappoint as a result of releasing GoldenEye just a few days before it.

It was expected.

Let's hear it for Activision, "hip hip HOORAAAYYYY!!!!!"

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!