By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goldeneye outselling Modern Warfare Wii sku for the comparable period.

One would hope since it's a Wii exclusive so multi-console owners won't be getting the HD version for once.

Around the Network

well i bought Goldeneye and been playing it for a while now and it is very good. the best FPS i have played on Wii!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

GianCarmen said:

If developers put the effort on Wii games it will sell. Eurocom is not one of the top developers but they did a really good job with Goldeneye and that makes me want to support companies like them. Ones who put effort in Wii games.

There are plenty of developers that put effort on the Wii but still sold very little.

Goldeneye is a very poor example of what the Wii can do or not. It's the sequel/remake of what is considered by many to be the best FPS of all time.

Boutros said:
GianCarmen said:

If developers put the effort on Wii games it will sell. Eurocom is not one of the top developers but they did a really good job with Goldeneye and that makes me want to support companies like them. Ones who put effort in Wii games.

There are plenty of developers that put effort on the Wii but still sold very little.

Goldeneye is a very poor example of what the Wii can do or not. It's the sequel/remake of what is considered by many to be the best FPS of all time.

Effort isn't good on its own, nor is lack of effort bad on its own. It's also what kind of game it is. Loads of effort on a game in genre that is unpopular, and gets no marketing, won't matter.

This is in a genre that is even popular on the Wii, and the game has marketing (MWR had none, not even the after release ads that WaW did). Of course it's selling better.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Boutros said:
GianCarmen said:

Well no, i think that developers that put the same type of game on HD systems met success on the wii.Developers who made really weird aproaches in genres that dont even exist in other systems met with failures as they would elsewhere, not always but mostly.

So effort alone isnt gonna sell you anywhere but making sure you got a market works.Core wii owners, the ones who buy CODs, Conduits and shooters, etc,will look for quality and a solid experience. Goldeneye is good, its making itself known and has a good future beyond the first weeks because of its quality.It might not be the fairest example,given the fact that is indeed a franchise(but hey, best HD selling games are franchises as wel).

On topic:

Hum , Reflex started very low ,because lack of player awareness, and then picked up rapidly.

At the other hand, GE has a fully aware playerbase.So results might vary.

i hope wholeheartily that GE stablishes the million mark , to encourage at least activision to keep producing wii core games. Besides the mandatory COD.

And no, i dont think BO will be affected severely by GE. Im sure Activision wants to embrace both venues of income and the game features and earned wii playerbase will keep it strong, GE or not.

Around the Network

The last COD on wii didnt sell much first week, it picked it up just after a few weeks, so I hope GE does as well. I am almost sure that COD will do well, I think activison thought that whoever is buying COD will buy GE, so that why they put them together... Hopefully two more million sellers on the wii... 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Nostalgia? That makes sense.

Tease.

Squilliam said:

Personally, it's not that which attracts me to the game. It's taking what wat good about the first game and improving it. I have no illusions about the first game being dated (but still good).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Squilliam said:

Personally, it's not that which attracts me to the game. It's taking what wat good about the first game and improving it. I have no illusions about the first game being dated (but still good).

As I never played the first more than a few minutes it is hard to feel attracted to it when im not attracted to FPS games at all. Now another Half-Life on the other hand... or Diablo... etc yes I would be extremely interested.

Tease.

I have played a little of Goldeneye and I am decently (decent is a pretty good word in my vocab) satisfied.  I never played MWR but I did play the hell out of WaW on Wii (and still playing).  It took me some time to find a decent control sensitivity (still tuning it) for Goldeneye but I am getting it down.  I think WaW had smoother controls where you really didn't even have to mess with it to make it feel right (or perhaps I played too much of it).  I played a few online matches and did semi decently.  I can't make a judgment about the entire game yet since I barely have played it that much but it is at least a 8/10.  I am buying Black Ops also.  I enjoyed Goldeneye online yet I think Black Ops might be more suited for my online FPS needs.  I view Goldeneye as my offline multiplayer and single player fix; Black Ops as my online fix.