By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goldeneye outselling Modern Warfare Wii sku for the comparable period.

Well overall I do not like FPS but its being local multiplayer split screen, its being Bond and the overall favorable player reviews have made my decision for me

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network

It would be nice to do the usual check of online accounts to estimate sales, but they have made it tricky to get to the bottom of the list. The other thing is this will probably have less online ratio than COD due to having a fully functional offline multiplayer.

Gotta say I really enjoyed Jungle and Archive, but found Nightclub a horrible set of colours. Yurg!

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

The Nightclub is the worse stage. Seems out of place.

GianCarmen said:

The Nightclub is the worse stage. Seems out of place.

Yet when I was playing last night everytime it came up to vote people voted for it.  I did alright in it but it seems like a weird stage for bond game.  Like someone said before they could have picked a better color scheme.

impressive

Around the Network

I would hope so. I expect it to sell over a mill. We need to get more third party games with just as much effort put into them.

Well that isn't too much of a fiet. Also MW2 wasn't released on Wii it was Reflex as many have already pointed out. Most gamers bought ModernWarFare on the 360/PS3 leaving only the Wii only owners to buy Reflex. While nobody on the 360/PS3 can buy Bond.

I think the real question is will it outsell Reflex in total 1.2 Million or W@W at 1.6 mill? Or will it do even better like it should like 3-mill lifetime sales or compare to the origional.

I don't think simply beating Reflex or W@W is enough to consider GoldenEye a true successor to the origional~!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

@JoeCool7  3 mil??? lets not go nuts, its a great game, hell its the best game for Wii this year IMO (Sonic Colors 2nd).  I dont think its going to do that, but hell if it does i'll be glad to eat crow, I like seeing good games with effort and care being poured into it rewarded, no matter the system.

Well obviously Goldeneye is a pretty big brand appeal in general and the advertising for it (at least in America) was quite strong.  So really no surprises at all.  I also don't think it'll affect too much of CoD sales, as the brand is pretty lively on the Wii as well and should be able to sell a good amount.  Whether or not they'll split sales, is to be seen, but both should get sales that are appreciable. 

oniyide said:

@JoeCool7  3 mil??? lets not go nuts, its a great game, hell its the best game for Wii this year IMO (Sonic Colors 2nd).  I dont think its going to do that, but hell if it does i'll be glad to eat crow, I like seeing good games with effort and care being poured into it rewarded, no matter the system

I set such a high standard because its a classic. I think people are expecting too little of GoldenEye. Not saying it will sell 3-million units, it probubly won't but it should. Alright hear me out on the GameCube/PS2/X-Box GoldenEye:Rogue Agent sold over a million units. Rogue Agent was a horrible game compared to GoldenEye and it didn't have the marketing or support to make it big.

But when I see WaW selling 1.6 Million on Wii alone, when you factor in that over 10-million people also bought it on PS360. Think about Golden Eye which is exclusive to Wii, nobody can buy it on PS360 so that means that sales on Wii should be much higher. Also GoldenEye is as strong a brand as Call Of Duty almost considering its sales figures. So expecting it to simply outsell Reflex or even WaW is shooting alittle low. Keep in mind over 75 million people have bought Wii's thats like double the N64 and like a third larger then 360. So should we really expect to only see 1.6 million in sales?

Also considering that N64 had a much smaller user base and GoldenEye origionally sold over 8-million copies. I think NewSuperMarioBros showed that a classic game or at least classic game play and branding on the Wii/DS is capable of shifting tens of millions of units.

So is it unrealistic to think GoldenEye should sell half as good as the origional with a much larger user base and alot more branding/advertising?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer