By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goldeneye outselling Modern Warfare Wii sku for the comparable period.

@joecool7 what ur saying makes sense, but im just gonna say it. I believe there isnt a large FPS audience on Wii. certaintly not large enough to do 3 mil and certaintly not as large as the HD/PC crowd, despite having a larger install base than either HD console.  Goldeneye is not as huge as COD today, no way. Cod games on Wii dont even come close to either HD version. Nostalgia is not gonna help, because for some strange reason people prefer Brosnan soft ass over the monster that is Daniel Craig, so someone looking at the back of the cover is going to be like "no". for the record I think all Brosnan Bond movies besides Goldeneye suck. I dont see the casual crowd taking to FPSs period, Bond or otherwise. THe only way I can see this game doing the #s you think is, if the Ninty fans put down their Kirbys, say screw Dk and get this instead, the HD people set aside their precious graphics, dust off their Wiis and give this game the chance it deserves. I bought this game day 1 and I was surprised that it was as good as it was, It deserves 3 mil but I dont think its going to get it. I would love to be wrong on this, but going by FPS sales on Wii, I dont think I am 

Around the Network

"there isnt a large FPS audience on Wii"

I see the fallacy. Even if that was true, it's only true in the present tense. You're acting like it can't grow if more great games are put on there, and that the number of fans is eternally locked. The point of putting more games isn't to prove the current number wrong, but to make a larger number in the future, same as ANY SYSTEM EVER.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@lordtheknight  I can ONLY talk about the present tense, im not a precog, Im going by the info at hand, look at the #s for Wii FPSs and then look at any HD or PC shooter, how can you say the audience is the same??? THe # of sales clearly show that people prefer to mostly play FPSs on HD/PC rather than Wii. YOu can pull the advertisment thing out but the orginal Bioshock had little ads and look how well that turned out, hell the PS3 came out a year later and still sold better than most FPSs on Wii outside of the COD series.   IM not saying that the audience cant grow, but it wont grow  its four years later!! the damage of mediocore Wii FPSs is already done.  Most people are expecting a Wii 2 very soon. If someone really wanted to play FPSs they would have another console, its how I do anyway. Why would someone get a Wii version of a game that they could get for HD and know that it will be the better version. YOu would have to be insane not to get it. THe ONLY way for the Wii to grow an FPS audience anywhere near even the PS3 would be to just straight up make EXCLUSIVE FPSs as good as Goldeneye is. multiplats are not gonna cut it anymore, no matter how close they can make the Wii version to the HD ones, it will always be inferior just for not supporting (DLC) so they'll the HD anyway. At this late stage in the game no dev, beside Sega is banking on Wii only FPSs. I would like to be wrong, but Black Ops and 007 will show whats up

"look at the #s for Wii FPSs and then look at any HD or PC shooter, how can you say the audience is the same???"

Um, from what I wrote, I was agreeing that at the present the audience might not be the same. The point is that more games would attract more FPS customers. I mean, it's not as though there were 8 million FPS fans locked into the N64 userbase before Goldeneye came out. The game attracted more fans to the system. Now it might take more than a single breakthrough game for the Wii, which is why I keep writing that more good FPS will attract more fans.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

@lordtheknight  fair enough, but I still think that ship sailed a long time ago. If it was 08 i would have agreed with you. but im not seeing devs. really throwing effort into FPSs for Wii. You might be more optimistic than me, more games would increase fanbase, but the question is will they make said games???? Im thinking no.

Around the Network
oniyide said:

@lordtheknight  fair enough, but I still think that ship sailed a long time ago. If it was 08 i would have agreed with you. but im not seeing devs. really throwing effort into FPSs for Wii. You might be more optimistic than me, more games would increase fanbase, but the question is will they make said games???? Im thinking no.

Yeah, it's the developers that are the problem more than the gamers. As noted, they still bought even a mediocre game like Red Steel. Had they kept up more games, the fans would have seen the breakthrough game sooner.

^ I would have to say there is far more effort into Wii FPS's now then in 08.

@primogen18  i would agree with you, but like I said the damage is already done. THey would have to make 3 007 quality FPSs a year for however long the Wii is around and they should have started last year

But will it outsell the Conduit?  :p

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

EMAA is in, and while the opening there isn't spectacular, FPS tend to be an American favored genre anyway. Plus it outsold both versions of Blood Stone combined.

BTW, I don't really remember any ads for Blood Stone. Think that is hurting its sales?