By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goldeneye outselling Modern Warfare Wii sku for the comparable period.

Next week approximately the same sales?

Continued advertising over the next month will see it break a million by xmas, perhaps sooner.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network

I was planning on owning the game by now. Unfortunately car issues, scaled back work hours have hurt my fun budget. I'll snag it as soon as I can.

Anyone know how this compare to Wii version of Black Ops in term of sales?

well well.... lt's hope it has legs

There is hope for legs, but not as big as other games, since the launch of Black Ops was just 1 week later.

Joelcool7 said:

I set such a high standard because its a classic. I think people are expecting too little of GoldenEye. Not saying it will sell 3-million units, it probubly won't but it should. Alright hear me out on the GameCube/PS2/X-Box GoldenEye:Rogue Agent sold over a million units. Rogue Agent was a horrible game compared to GoldenEye and it didn't have the marketing or support to make it big.

It will not be as big as the original one, it would not even reach 2 million (but will be very close 1.9 its doable), because this time the game its not bringing anything new to the table, the competition of the genre its harder, and the Wii audience that loves this kind of games its not as big as we would like.

I think it took some players for surprise by being so good, it was outside of the shopping list of many players but after seeing the reviews many are trying to make it fit their christmas budget, so it will increase for the period.

By the way the game its selling at the same rate of Castlevania Lord of Shadows on 360 and PS3 COMBINED, Activision must be pleased with the sales or Konami very dissapointed, cause I can bet that Castlevania had a way bigger budget and its also a known franchise.

Around the Network
flagstaad said:

There is hope for legs, but not as big as other games, since the launch of Black Ops was just 1 week later.

Joelcool7 said:

I set such a high standard because its a classic. I think people are expecting too little of GoldenEye. Not saying it will sell 3-million units, it probubly won't but it should. Alright hear me out on the GameCube/PS2/X-Box GoldenEye:Rogue Agent sold over a million units. Rogue Agent was a horrible game compared to GoldenEye and it didn't have the marketing or support to make it big.

It will not be as big as the original one, it would not even reach 2 million (but will be very close 1.9 its doable), because this time the game its not bringing anything new to the table, the competition of the genre its harder, and the Wii audience that loves this kind of games its not as big as we would like.(1)

I think it took some players for surprise by being so good, it was outside of the shopping list of many players but after seeing the reviews many are trying to make it fit their christmas budget, so it will increase for the period.

By the way the game its selling at the same rate of Castlevania Lord of Shadows on 360 and PS3 COMBINED, Activision must be pleased with the sales or Konami very dissapointed, cause I can bet that Castlevania had a way bigger budget and its also a known franchise.(2)

1. But with more games like this, Black Ops, and Conduit 2 (hopefully being good), it will be bigger.

2. Well it also tried to shoehorn God of War into the Castlevania name. Last I checked, shoehorning another genre into a franchise is a way to alienate fans and reduce sales, unless the game is so good people buy it anyway (like Mario Kart and Mario Party). So Castlevania is clearly not thought of as a hack & slash game or a fighting game (see Judgement). It's an action adventure game where you fight creatures of the night.

Speaking of that, I think in a little while I'll play some of the CV games I have.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I agree about the online. It's got a few issues at the moment, but it offers an absolutely first class package. Basically, Activision have made it so both games can (and will be) bought by berks like me. They could have included local multiplayer in CoD, but have made that the main selling point of Goldeneye.

Grr!

It is nice to have 3 quality shooters in 3 months, isn't it?

Conduit 2 looks very healthy in terms of multi-player.

:D

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

1st week sales are impressive and i only saw 1 advert for Goldeneye but about 3 for Bloodstone and the Goldeneye advert had my mates going on about how the wii is crap for 5 minutes =(.

bazmeistergen said:

Sorry to bring you the bad news, but its only TWO quality shooters this month, Conduit 2 was delayed till FEBRUARY of 2011, because it was harder to compete with both CoD and Goldeneye in the same month, and it gave the team time to implement other small things to polish the game, like Classic Controller support, improvement of the AI, better online secutiry, among others.

flagstaad said:
bazmeistergen said:

Sorry to bring you the bad news, but its only TWO quality shooters this month, Conduit 2 was delayed till FEBRUARY of 2011, because it was harder to compete with both CoD and Goldeneye in the same month, and it gave the team time to implement other small things to polish the game, like Classic Controller support, improvement of the AI, better online secutiry, among others.

See the bolded part.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs