By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goldeneye outselling Modern Warfare Wii sku for the comparable period.

SaviorX said:

Goldeneye is up... ~125k during the same time period. Based on these here numbers, who wants to venture a guess as to what the final numbers will be after one year? MWR managed 1.2m after 52 weeks.

Goldeneye after 52 weeks = 1.7m

Around the Network

good games sell not bad ones and this is a good remake of a game.

why are we even comparing the 2??? Goldeneye is a new Wii game and MWR was a 2 year port of a game that most people who wanted to play it had done so on PS360/PC, not to mention it had no advertisement what so ever. Of course Goldeneye would do better. A more fair comparision would be THe Conduit.

oniyide said:

why are we even comparing the 2??? Goldeneye is a new Wii game and MWR was a 2 year port of a game that most people who wanted to play it had done so on PS360/PC, not to mention it had no advertisement what so ever. Of course Goldeneye would do better. A more fair comparision would be THe Conduit.

It's dificult to make a comparison with any other game, but I think MWR its a better one than The Conduit. Both are a well known franchises MW is recent GE its old, both have a very heavy multiplayer component MWR online, GE offline and decent Online, both can be somewhat played in other consoles MW in Xbox360 and PS3, GE in N64 (some will argue about that being the best version). I think comparing with MWR its fair even if its not the same.

Faxanadu said:

Good, might sell 100k lifetime after all.

I think you mean, 

Around the Network

@flaagstad  GE Wii is different from the N64 version, its two different games. I was speaking more on the circumstances of release. GE Wii is a new game, while MWR is a straight port.  MWR had no advertisment at all. GE does. I bet if MWR had even near the ads that GE did it would have done much better. hell I consider myself an in the know gamer and I didnt even know MWR came out until I went to pick up my copy of MW2 and happen to see MWR in the corner.

EMAA has a very small third week drop. Fingers crossed.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Okay, America also had a smaller drop this week compared to last week. That is a definite sign for legs. This keeps up, it will sell 500K by either Christmas or New Year's.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

I think that both Black Ops and Goldeneye will both do very well durning these last two weeks. This holiday is the best its ever been for software for the Wii. Mostly top notch games for the month of November going into december. What a year for the wii. I have both Black ops and Goldeneye and next is going to be Epic Mickey. Still on the fence for Donkey Kong was never a fan of the older ones, but maybe i should give some love to Retro because of how a kickass company they are.

GianCarmen said:

I think that both Black Ops and Goldeneye will both do very well durning these last two weeks. This holiday is the best its ever been for software for the Wii. Mostly top notch games for the month of November going into december. What a year for the wii. I have both Black ops and Goldeneye and next is going to be Epic Mickey. Still on the fence for Donkey Kong was never a fan of the older ones, but maybe i should give some love to Retro because of how a kickass company they are.

For the Nov 27th week, both games had holiday boosts in the Americas, with negligable drops in EMAA. I think it's safe to call legs on these. Not to mention they will likely have a larger profit margin than a lot of FPS on the HD systems (as in those that aren't top tier, but still cost a lot).