By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Confessions of a Wii, Ps3, iPhone Reseller

agree with superchunk and cdude1034, but when it comes to concerts, i hate them =..( because is a one time chance and they take away lots of tickets

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
1 day temp ban in place.

I thought the comment was funny, myself. But.........Still offensive. Sounded like something Cartman would say from south park.

lol, I also thought the comment was funny, indeed (do I have to say I'm not an anti-semite? Im a big supporter of Israel & the Hebrews btw).

Slimebeast said:
mrstickball said:
1 day temp ban in place.

I thought the comment was funny, myself. But.........Still offensive. Sounded like something Cartman would say from south park.

lol, I also thought the comment was funny, indeed (do I have to say I'm not an anti-semite? Im a big supporter of Israel & the Hebrews btw).

It would have been funny if he didn't have such a negative postng history on that subject on the site :)

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

If people are willing to pay the extra buck , than there is no problem in that :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
If people are willing to pay the extra buck , than there is no problem in that :D

For a game system, sure. It would be a totally different conversation if people were reselling insulin or some other much needed medication.

Around the Network

I've said it elsewhere: this activity is parasitic. As long as he doesn't deny being a parasite I'm not going to lynch him for taking nonessential goods from storegoers in order to resell to people who are (apparently) desperate for them. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

mrstickball said:
1 day temp ban in place.

Im Jewish.  I dont really ever get offended by much.  At all.  Some people do though.  The difference between South Park is that we are expecting offensive comedy.  Most people are not expecting offensive comedy in this thread.  Just saying.

On the actual topic, I am not a reseller.  I have thought about how much money it would make me.  I just can't bring myself to do it.  I don't blame anyone who does it though.  It's business. 

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I don't a problem with reselling. It's not that I'm going to go out there and waste my time and effort for a few hundred bucks, but if someone else wants to, that's up to them.

Resellers are *not* creating an artificial demand, which I would have a problem with. It's been shown that the Wii demand is so strong there's no way tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of Wiis being resold would constitute artificial demand for this system.

Some people consider it a reasonable service for someone to go fetch them a Wii, then they will pay that person $100-$200 over retail. The service they're paying for is something they couldn't do (or don't want to do) on their own: go wait in line for a Wii early enough or enough times to get it.

With the recently launched electronics, it's even less of a problem in my mind. If someone wants to pay 40% over retail to have an item a week earlier than everyone else, that's their problem.

vux984 said:
Alright, I'll bite. I hate resellers. And here's why:

Its sociopathic to stand in a line with the basic intention of buying something to sell to the guy behind you in the line at a higher price. It lacks basic empathy, and is why people despise resellers and why some resellers feel guilt.

A store provides a service, even an online store. Its a middleman between the consumer who wants personalized service, and to buy a single unit at a time and the wholesaler who wants to sell in bulk from a warehouse near the docks.

But what does a reseller do? He goes to the SAME stores I go to. He buys the items I want to buy, which is WHY they aren't available to me to buy. And then he tries to sell them to me at an inflated price?

He's not adding convenience. I already went to the store! I stood in line behind him! Why should I pay him $200 to be the asshat in front of me?

Its anti-social and rude behaviour.

Its like going to a wedding, and some guy at the first table at the buffet going for seconds before half the attendees have eaten. And then going for thirds too, and taking the last of a few dishes all before the final table has been served once. Its just that rude.

There are people who have been trying to get a Wii for months now. Cutting back into line to grab an extra one is rude. That you are just going to sell it for a profit just adds to the insult. Like the guy at the wedding taking the entire roast and then offering to sell pieces the last table.

Or like going to a big movie opening night (say LotR Return of the King for example), lining up an hour in advance, and then the asshat at the front buys out the entire theatre, takes three steps back, and starts selling them at a premium.

If someone did that he'd get his HEAD KICKED IN by the crowd.

Its rude, blatantly anti-social, and border-line sociopathic.

Amen.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

I bought 15 Wiis last year and some of my friend thought it was immoral yet I was the one sitting at my pc clicking away for hours waiting for them to be on order at varioius stores.
Most of them I ordered in the July-August before it was even released and that meant almost £3000 on my credit card and the risk of making a loss.
I may have made £1200+ profit but it didn't go without considerabe effort, boredom and financial risk.

Theer are hundreds of multinational companies ripping people off daily to make huge profits so anyone that condemns people reselling a few Wiis, iphones etc etc, I hope you also stear clear of Adidas, Reebok etc etc who pay workers a few $s a month yet charge us 100 times as much as they cost to make just so they can make huge profits!