By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Confessions of a Wii, Ps3, iPhone Reseller

I agree with vux984, resellers piss me off, especially when it concerns tickets for a music concert.

Around the Network

as long as there is some body out there. that will pay more than retail. it will never stop. if they would wait a few days. they could pick up the return's. when they dont sell.

PSN: B_U_L_L_D_O_G_G

XBL: BiggBully

Wii: 6629 9857 7201 4139

the value the resellers add is to allow consumers to buy a product without having to locate one themselves, or wait in line, or stalk shipments, etc

if people are willing to pay $600 for a wii so that they don't have to go wait in line for 3 hours on a Sunday morning, then that is their choice

it's called capitalism and a free market

why should YOU get to decide that it's not right for someone to buy low, sell high? if u don't agree with it, then don't do it yourself

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

To all of you who hate resellers. Grow up.

The basic premise of capitalism is the one who works the hardest gets the biggest reward. This is no different. Many/most of these people get up earlier or just work harder at getting what they want. Then most of them put it on Ebay for less than or equal to the price they paid. Then its the bidders who push the price way above retail. I have said this many times, everyone has the same choices and same abilities to get a Wii.

1. Get your ass up early and wait in a line.
2. Call every damn store in town until you find out when stock is arriving (this is how I got mine in February)
3. Wait until it eventually comes in stock. (Your child will survive, honest)
4. Pay more than retail on ebay/craigslist.

Nobody is forcing anyone to pay $450 for a Wii on Ebay. It is an auction site. You have to choose and be willing to pay and extra $200. That means that you perceive the Wii as being worth $450, otherwise you wouldn't buy.

Again, that is capitalism. You have the choice in buying. Work hard or spend more. If I wasn't so lazy I would have already sold a few Wii's on Ebay.

mrstickball said:
1 day temp ban in place.

I thought the comment was funny, myself. But.........Still offensive. Sounded like something Cartman would say from south park.

Except that he (misteromar mk4) continuously makes anti-semitic remarks that are in line with what the nazis used to say. Case in point, go back to the War on Iran is Inevitable? thread. This guy is freaking paranoid and thinks that Jews are evil and control the world. He actually said things like that.

Around the Network

I don't mind resellers, but I did laugh when a lot of them had to sell PS3s for a loss. The "FIRSTIES" people that paid big money for a PS3 should be kicking themselves now that they can get one for $400 I happened upon 6 Wiis on a shelf during the first week of November. I knew I could buy them and probably make $50 to $100 on them each, but instead I bought 1 and sold it to a coworker at cost. The extra money would have been nice and I could have blown it on beer and games, but I am happier knowing that a little 9 year old girl gets to play Mario Galaxy on the 25th.

vux984 said:
Alright, I'll bite. I hate resellers. And here's why:

Its sociopathic to stand in a line with the basic intention of buying something to sell to the guy behind you in the line at a higher price. It lacks basic empathy, and is why people despise resellers and why some resellers feel guilt.

A store provides a service, even an online store. Its a middleman between the consumer who wants personalized service, and to buy a single unit at a time and the wholesaler who wants to sell in bulk from a warehouse near the docks.

But what does a reseller do? He goes to the SAME stores I go to. He buys the items I want to buy, which is WHY they aren't available to me to buy. And then he tries to sell them to me at an inflated price?

He's not adding convenience. I already went to the store! I stood in line behind him! Why should I pay him $200 to be the asshat in front of me?

Its anti-social and rude behaviour.

Its like going to a wedding, and some guy at the first table at the buffet going for seconds before half the attendees have eaten. And then going for thirds too, and taking the last of a few dishes all before the final table has been served once. Its just that rude.

There are people who have been trying to get a Wii for months now. Cutting back into line to grab an extra one is rude. That you are just going to sell it for a profit just adds to the insult. Like the guy at the wedding taking the entire roast and then offering to sell pieces the last table.

Or like going to a big movie opening night (say LotR Return of the King for example), lining up an hour in advance, and then the asshat at the front buys out the entire theatre, takes three steps back, and starts selling them at a premium.

If someone did that he'd get his HEAD KICKED IN by the crowd.

Its rude, blatantly anti-social, and border-line sociopathic.

You know what though? The Wii is a luxury item. Nobody is forcing you to buy a Wii, and you don't need it to live/have a better quality of life, and the funny thing is, if you really really want one at retail price, you can find one at retail price. 

I've bought nine so far. Seven I've hunted for, and two by just dumb luck since Black Friday!

And no, this isn't a wedding buffet! This isn't a one-time thing! People have had 13 months to find a Wii! If I've found nine in three weeks...you get the picture.

Just because you're not of a capitalistic mind or agree with what we're doing does not mean you have to call us asshats, etc.

Regardless of what you call us, though, we're still laughing all the way to the bank.

Currently playing: Civ 6

The situation is different in cases where supply is naturally limited, like at a concert. I agree that one can be angry at people that buy tickets for a concert and sell them for more, but with a game console it is a different story. Supply is only limited by time, so you may have to wait a little to get one, but you will get one eventually.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Bark said:
I don't mind resellers, but I did laugh when a lot of them had to sell PS3s for a loss. The "FIRSTIES" people that paid big money for a PS3 should be kicking themselves now that they can get one for $400 I happened upon 6 Wiis on a shelf during the first week of November. I knew I could buy them and probably make $50 to $100 on them each, but instead I bought 1 and sold it to a coworker at cost. The extra money would have been nice and I could have blown it on beer and games, but I am happier knowing that a little 9 year old girl gets to play Mario Galaxy on the 25th.

As I said before, some think resellers are theives, some think they are entrepeneurs. I have no issue with them. I could have bought two a few weeks back at TRU, but didn't want to take them away from someone buying them for a Christmas present. I'm sure the resellers behind me had other thoughts......  

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

I don't agree with reselling things for a higher price, so I don't do it even though I've seen a few wiis around. I wish more people would follow suit. Honestly, considering how many wiis are on ebay right now I wonder if this shortage is greatly worsened by the resellers?

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan