By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - STAR WARS TOURNAMENT - Episode 1 : The Phantom Menace (Rate it)

3/10

It was pretty awful. Not the worst movie ever made awful, but still bad. Jar Jar Binks, annoying Anakin (and he gets worse!? The hell?). Only good thing really was the Pod Race.

Around the Network
twesterm said:

Want to know the really sad thing?

The pod race, what most people call the best scene in the movie, was completely irrelevant to the entire movie!

That's why it's the best scene.... >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

TruckOSaurus said:
darthdevidem01 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Who cares if its stupid....it was awesome seeing him in it

Then they should have put Luke in too! Would have been awesome seeing him in there!

If your trying to be funny, your not really......two completely different situations.

Not necessarily trying to be funny but just pushing your thought process to the limit. Unless you're making a comedy you can't put in stupid things just "because it's awesome".

Your linking 2 things that make no sense.

You know that too.

Putting Chewy in Episode 3 isn't....in any way comparable to seeing Luke as he was in the old films in Episode 3 . wookie's have a lifespan of 600 years.....and you saw him on his homeworld. (which we know was taken over by the Empire later on). 

Besides luke was in Episode 3....as a 2 minute old kid.

Make up a better example.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

You know that too.

Putting Chewy in Episode 3 isn't....in any way comparable to seeing Luke as he was in the old films in Episode 3 . wookie's have a lifespan of 600 years.....and you saw him on his homeworld. (which we know was taken over by the Empire later on). 

I was taking about C3PO not Chewbacca...

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
darthdevidem01 said:

You know that too.

I was taking about C3PO not Chewbacca...

You quoted my post and I was talking about Chewbacca.

I have made no comment on what I feel about C3P0's inclusion in episode 1.

All I'll say is, even as a 10 or 11 year old boy that I was when I saw episode 1.... I found it ridiculous to think that a boy could make such sophisticated a robot.

C3P0 SHOULD be in Episode 1-3....I loved him in them...its just the way he was introduced was weird.

Around the Network

You'll all be pleased to know that Episode 4 is next, so you don't have to spout bile for two threads in a row.

Bile-spouting will resume on Friday with Episode 2.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:

You'll all be pleased to know that Episode 4 is next, so you don't have to spout bile for two threads in a row.

why not episode 5 then it would eb the two best ones first11 but in wrong order :(!

ishiki said:
Kantor said:

why not episode 5 then it would eb the two best ones first11 but in wrong order :(!

The original plan (if Darth hasn't changed his mind) was for me to do the beautiful and lovely original trilogy and for him to do his silly prequels. We were then going to alternate so it would go prequel-original-prequel-original, etc.

With that in mind, the order should be as follows:

1, 4, 2, 5, 3, 6.

Also, 1 is by no means whatsoever the second best film in the franchise, though I will agree with you that The Empire Strikes Back is the best overall.

It has been decided now.

both me and kantor get to do our favourite Star Wars movies (Episodes 3, 5....respectively)

both of us don't do our most disliked star wars movies (Episode 2,1.....respectively)

This was nothing more than a simple discussion......there is no in fighting within our corporation.....not to worry anyone!

darthdevidem01 said:

It has been decided now.

both me and kantor get to do our favourite Star Wars movies (Episodes 3, 5....respectively)

both of us don't do our most disliked star wars movies (Episode 2,1.....respectively)

This was nothing more than a simple discussion......there is no in fighting within our corporation.....not to worry anyone!

My colleague is correct.

The order will be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and not the strange thing which I proposed.

I will be hosting 2, 4 and 5 (my favourite), and Darth will host 1, 3 (his favourite), and 6.