By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - STAR WARS TOURNAMENT - Episode 1 : The Phantom Menace (Rate it)

I rate it

3/10

cons

mini darth is irritating

jar jar binks is irritating

it lasted too long and was over the top

pro's

Qui Gon's death made me cry

The racing was awesome

Episode III is the best(in the later series, but original star wars ftw!!)

Around the Network

You know, when I'd finished watching this in the cinema, as I wandered out into the cold wondering why all of a sudden everyone in Star Wars land now spoke with strangely familiar accents that bordered on parody, a line from a New Hope occured to me, and it was a fitting one...

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened"

Alas, it had.  Lucas had gone from making a great Star Wars film (A New Hope) to a classic film (Empire) to an okay Star Wars film (Jedi) to a bad Star Wars film.

At least I didn't feel like he'd raped my childhood though.  Although from the actual real wailing and ranting of some I saw I guess they felt differently.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:

You know, when I'd finished watching this in the cinema, as I wandered out into the cold wondering why all of a sudden everyone in Star Wars land now spoke with strangely familiar accents that bordered on parody, a line from a New Hope occured to me, and it was a fitting one...

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened"

Alas, it had.  Lucas had gone from making a great Star Wars film (A New Hope) to a classic film (Empire) to an okay Star Wars film (Jedi) to a bad Star Wars film.

At least I didn't feel like he'd raped my childhood though.  Although from the actual real wailing and ranting of some I saw I guess they felt differently.

I cut my eye teeth on Star Wars. My entire understanding of science fiction, before being introduced to Herbert, was summed up in Star Wars.

When I went in and watched The Phantom Menace, I did not know what was wrong with it. I liked it - I still do, as I enjoy terrible movies sometimes - but I knew that something was off, that some quality I didn't have the perspective to name was missing.

Just

Freaking

Midichlorians, man.

3/10

So many things wrong with this film when I first saw it I had no clue what was going on I wish I never saw it again...

Former something....

EPISODE 2's thread is up now

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=118902&page=1

_______-

You have only 1 day left to give your rating for Episode 1

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

7.5.  Darth Maul is awsome, the music is as good as ever, and let's forget about Jar Jar... 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

8.5, the best of the 3 prequels

VOTING LINES ARE CLOSED FOR EPISODE 1 : THE PHANTOM MENACE

I repeat

I repeat

I repeat

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey