By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

darthdevidem01 said:
Scoobes said:

What number are we up to?

Go away cat you have no lawllawl's in your post!!!!!!!!!!!!!111121

I'm pretty sure we are already at number 30 (at least in Europe).

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network
snfr said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Scoobes said:

What number are we up to?

Go away cat you have no lawllawl's in your post!!!!!!!!!!!!!111121

I'm pretty sure we are already at number 30 (at least in Europe).

oh then I need to post two more

trololol @ everyone.....wait till you see which game is ahead of the ones I had in my previous post. But I guess a good star wars game must be overpraised considering how rare they are.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

31. Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos/The Frozen Throne - PC

Easily my favorite Blizzard game. The four races are very well balanced, the single-player is polished to a mirror sheen, the soundtrack was great... Hell, I am still in love with the Warcraft lore, almost entirely thanks to this game. Thank you, Blizzard, for this wonderful game. Thank you.

30. Sonic & Knuckles - Genesis

Sega is notorious for crazy-ass add-ons, and while most of them have failed miserably, this one was actually pretty damn suh-weet. On top of having one of the best soundtracks in any Sonic game any video game, it also has silky-smooth controls, great graphics and is just a blast to play.

I was never able to get all the Super Emeralds, though. 

Carl2291 said:

@ darth and terriblegenome

FFIX and Valkyria Chronicles being in neither of your top 20 obviously explains why I hate both of you so much.

How do you know FFIX isn't in my top 20, you dipshit?

Valkyria Chronicles might have ranked higher in my list if I didn't resent it so strongly for making me buy a POS3. All things considered, it did extremely well and you should STFUUUUUUUU!

badgenome said:
Carl2291 said:

FFIX and Valkyria Chronicles being in neither of your top 20 obviously explains why I hate both of you so much.

Valkyria Chronicles might have ranked higher in my list if I didn't resent it so strongly for making me buy a POS3. All things considered, it did extremely well and you should STFUUUUUUUU!

I said AND!!!!! Meaning BOTH should be there!!!

And wow, big flaming there. Reported. How dare you say you kinda resented buying Valkyria Chronicles. REPORTED!!!!!!

Around the Network
Ninpanda said:

31. Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos/The Frozen Throne - PC

Easily my favorite Blizzard game. The four races are very well balanced, the single-player is polished to a mirror sheen, the soundtrack was great... Hell, I am still in love with the Warcraft lore, almost entirely thanks to this game. Thank you, Blizzard, for this wonderful game. Thank you.

30. Sonic & Knuckles - Genesis

Sega is notorious for crazy-ass add-ons, and while most of them have failed miserably, this one was actually pretty damn suh-weet. On top of having one of the best soundtracks in any Sonic game any video game, it also has silky-smooth controls, great graphics and is just a blast to play.

I was never able to get all the Super Emeralds, though. 

Two amazing games! Yeah... these'll show up later.

And I totally agree with your assessment for Sonic & Knuckles wonderful soundtrack. Sky Sanctuary Zone is my favorite video game track ever. ^_^

Carl2291 said:
badgenome said:
Carl2291 said:

I said AND!!!!! Meaning BOTH should be there!!!

And wow, big flaming there. Reported. How dare you say you kinda resented buying Valkyria Chronicles. REPORTED!!!!!!

And another thing! Just because Valkyria Chronicles isn't in my top 20 doesn't mean that you like or appreciate it more than I do! Being that you're a pathetic shell of a man with a shriveled carrot for a heart, I simply have more love to give than you do (just ask hatmoza). I probably love World Class Track Meet more than you do whatever dumb fucking thing you've chosen for your #1.

No. 31: Neverwinter Nights 2 (& Mask of the Betrayer) (PC)

Another RPG, another sequel, another game developed by Obsidian. This game was highly enjoyable. with some amazing characters and was a welcome return to the Forgotten Realms. A welcome feature was the return to 4-character parties rather than just the single sidekick of NWN1. It had virtually everything you'd want from a WRPG and even added a lil' bit of sim city when you get your fort. The only downsides were that it ran poorly (poorly optimised) for a game that looked good, but not amazing and that Neverwinter (the city) seemed smaller than the original. It also didn't really bring anything truly innovative to table and stuck to the typical WRPG formula (not neccessarily a bad thing mind).

No. 30: Unreal Tournament (PC also on DC, PS2)

Players of all online multiplayer FPS' owe this game a lot. This was the first to prove that online and multiplayer focused FPS' could sell. It had some amazing and fun arenas (Matrix-like Morpheous and Facing Worlds come to mind straight away), lots of different game modes, innovative mods and interesting weapons. The fast paced action was only rivaled by Quake III Arena, but the sheer plethora of extra features made Unreal Tournament the better package for me. Add to this the fact that it was a PC game that could run off the disc and the fact that it was one of the first games to fully push online play and you have both a pioneer and a classic in the same package.

Scoobes said:

No. 31: Neverwinter Nights 2 (& Mask of the Betrayer) (PC)

Another RPG, another sequel, another game developed by Obsidian. This game was highly enjoyable. with some amazing characters and was a welcome return to the Forgotten Realms. A welcome feature was the return to 4-character parties rather than just the single sidekick of NWN1. It had virtually everything you'd want from a WRPG and even added a lil' bit of sim city when you get your fort. The only downsides were that it ran poorly (poorly optimised) for a game that looked good, but not amazing and that Neverwinter (the city) seemed smaller than the original. It also didn't really bring anything truly innovative to table and stuck to the typical WRPG formula (not neccessarily a bad thing mind). 

I've never played this game. I like the original, though. I should really try to track down a copy someday.

ishiki said:

LOLZ I have 8 final fantasy on my list. I've listed 4 XD

and 4 mgs I've listed 1

and 4 mario I've listed 3

with MGS3, and 4 not being included XD!

Okay I'm done breaking the rules

I have about 9 FF on my list with two up already XD

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku