By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

Smeags said:

Uh... it's still the 26th over there right? So... you're on 36.

Thanks! Updating now

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Ninpanda said:

Great choice! 'Tis my favorite RTS game of all time. (I've never played Starcraft, though. I really should.)

Don't feel bad! I've played StarCraft, and WarCraft III is still my favorite RTS of all time! Micro-managing is so much easier. Never thought I could live without it until I had it.

Stop poking me!

Poke poke poke, is that all you do?

Ooooh... that feels nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhncDMIkqXQ&feature=related

"And they say Blizzard games don't have bugs."

@ Your #36

I kick myself every day for walking past the Castlevania games for the GBA and the DS, when I could still find them in stores. SotN was superb, and the GBA/DS games look amazing as well.

38. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles

First game I got Super Sonic. I came. Play it!

37. Demon's Souls

One of the most difficult games... Ever. But also one of the best! GIMME DS2 ASAP!

36. Golden Axe

Easily, by far and away one of the best side-scrolling games ever! I mean, Gilius Thunderhead, Ax Battler and Tyris Flare go on an epic crusade to get revenge on the evil Death Adder! Obviously the best story in any game... Ever. Well. Not really, but yaknow! Oh, and anyone who mentions Beast Rider can die.

Ok. Here's my long update. Starting at #44!

44. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King - Xbox

I feel this game as another part of my childhood. I absolutely love LOTR and you get play in all of the epic battles of the second and third movie co-op. Tons of fun and replayability. Definitely recommend for a good time with fans of the series.

43. Metal Gear Solid IV: Gun of the Patriots - PS3

Easily one of  the best movie games I've ever played. The setting was awesome and it was full of epic awespiring moments. My second favorite of the fabled series.

42. Star Wars Episode 1: Racer - N64

This game was my GT growing. I had so much fun racing, customizing my pod racer, and earning money. Tons of fun and really enjoyable. Lots of fond memories playing this.

41. Guitar Hero II - PS2

I struggled mightly when trying to play the music games of this generation, but I still feel that this one was the best. It had a thrilling soundtrack with tons of songs worth playing over and over. Definite improvement of GH1 and the last really good GH game.

40. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - PSP

Screw the haters. This game was awesome. As I love Final Fantasy, I loved playing with characters from my favorite franchise. The actual battles were intense and exiting. A high octane battle system with a awesome character list easily lands a spot in my top 40.

And there we go. I feel I've made some good progress. Be back for more after I grab some dinner.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

#37 (I know I'm behind) Tomb Raider Underworld PC: (Played at 1080P Maxed) :P

Now my experience with the tomb raider series is fairly new. I played the original tomb raider when it came out. I was a bit young to appreciate it. Then, I think I played Angel of Darkness which I didn't like.

I bought Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. Ranked above at 43. And I absolutely loved it for it's co-op things. And figured I should give Legends, Anniversary, And Underworld a shot. I spent 20 dollar s on all 3 games on ebay.  It is quickly becoming one of my favorite franchises.

My favorite is Underworld. For the pacing, it's improved though still lacking gunplay. It's much better story while still cheesy flows better than anniversary or LCatGoL, Anniversary and Legends, and acting and dialogue. Great atmosphere at the locales as well. As well as gorgeous environments at some points.

I like it because is the great level design and some really amazing levels such as the first underwater level in it. Though it's gunplay and story is lacking in comparison to Uncharted. I enjoy the level design, lack of being a heavy shooter, and puzzles. Much more the type of game I'd like. (I'd classify as a shooter with platforming and puzzle elements) whereas I'd classify Tomb Raider as a Puzzle/Platformer with shooting elements.  That's why its here. (I might have got the genre wrong but my point is understandable I think.)

oh yeah, the grappling hook :P Is it worth renting the Xbox360 version and buying the DLC if I loved this?

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

I feel this game as another part of my childhood. I absolutely love LOTR and you get play in all of the epic battles of the second and third movie co-op. Tons of fun and replayability. Definitely recommend for a good time with fans of the series.

*Hi-5's OutlawAuron*

This game is the best movie game ever! So much fun, especially in Co-op. I would spend hours just leveling up my characters... having a level 20 character was the epitome of awesomeness.

Yeah... awesome game.

It's after midnight, and we did a long Uno session. So I can keep up:

35. Lufia 2 (SNES). Really, I can sum this up in 2 words: Ancient Cave. The time I've lost there alone... and all that's left for me to do is finish the game on gift mode. I give no credit to the bastardized DS remake.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

47.Demon's Souls(PS3)

Demon's Souls for PS3 Awesome Action Role Playing Game from Soy Computer Entertainment Japan Studio & From Software. Demon's Souls is brutally Hard Old School style Game it will brake you in half and make wont to return for more because it is that awesome. 

Demon's Souls is a single Player Game for the most part but it has a very cool Online componentthat always you to leve meggess to worn ather Players of what whats up ahead and you can someone other players to help in boss fights and one point in the game you invade another persons Game and become the boss for that stage of the Game 

DEMON'S SOULS INTRO

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

outlawauron said:

Man, this game is awesome. Especially the 2-player multiplayer. (Even if Gandalf and Legolas were ridiculously overpowered.)

outlawauron said:

43. Metal Gear Solid IV: Gun of the Patriots - PS3

Easily one of  the best movie games I've ever played. The setting was awesome and it was full of epic awespiring moments. My second favorite of the fabled series.

Too early lawllawl

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey