By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 to outship the X360 by the end of the 4th quarter? Oh yeh

why even 360 fans think 360 just winning US and UK

Americas not only US,EMEAA not only UK(winning countries)

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
eliasg said:
Eddie_Raja said:

It's time for people to finally admit that xbox360 is not slaughtering PS3, and it NEVER was.  PS3 will probably overtake 360 in 2011 without leaving any chance of 360 getting it back.

Microsoft is winning in the two largest markets of the world USA and UK, so... NO. 

I'm sure you know this already... But Japan > UK as far as sales are concerned.

And Worldwide > 2 countries.

You must leave this thread nowwww... blame you for making sense.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Sony has had a very good strategy these past few years to expand into markets where it competition is either not present or of little thought.  It has allowed them to continue to increase shipments despite selling less in more conventional markets.  It's a good strategy for Sony but it does show that it has weakness in core areas.  Either way these new markets should allow Sony to continue to reach projected forcasts which should keep investors happy. 

Carl2291 said:
eliasg said:
Eddie_Raja said:

It's time for people to finally admit that xbox360 is not slaughtering PS3, and it NEVER was.  PS3 will probably overtake 360 in 2011 without leaving any chance of 360 getting it back.

Microsoft is winning in the two largest markets of the world USA and UK, so... NO. 

I'm sure you know this already... But Japan > UK as far as sales are concerned.

And Worldwide > 2 countries.

If your talking hardware sales overall then yes. if your talking about hardware this generation and money made then no.

For 2010 in Japan between the Wii,PS3 and 360 3.425m consoles were sold. Where as in the UK 3.639m consoles were sold.

So technically because this is a thread about the 360 and PS3 he is right. In terms of just those 2 consoles combined last year only 1.7m were bought in japan. Where as 2.4m were sold in the UK.

Meaning UK sold more next gen consoles then Japan last year.

Now there are many reasons for that such as 360 not doing well in comparison to the others in Japan. But doesn't make the comparison un-fair. It just means people in the UK are happy to buy anything no matter where it is from. Because of that attitude means console sales are higher.

So in terms of next gen consoles i.e 360 and PS3 UK is a bigger market then Japan. Is as he said the 2nd biggest next gen market in the world currently.

I have not checked but i imagine software wise it is the same.

eliasg said:
Eddie_Raja said:

How old is this thread? I think someone bumped it... :/

Also UK doesn't equal EMEAA which is where the PS3 is dominating atm.

Around the Network
Hyruken said:

If your talking hardware sales overall then yes. if your talking about hardware this generation and money made then no.

For 2010 in Japan between the Wii,PS3 and 360 3.425m consoles were sold. Where as in the UK 3.639m consoles were sold.

So technically because this is a thread about the 360 and PS3 he is right. In terms of just those 2 consoles combined last year only 1.7m were bought in japan. Where as 2.4m were sold in the UK.

Now there are many reasons for that such as 360 not doing well in comparison to the others in Japan. But doesn't make the comparison un-fair. It just means people in the UK are happy to buy anything no matter where it is from. Because of that attitude means console sales are higher.

So in terms of next gen consoles i.e 360 and PS3 UK is a bigger market then Japan. Is as he said the 2nd biggest next gen market in the world currently.

I'm talking total HW sales, not just PS3/360. Japan is a bigger market for videogames than the UK is. If he was talking just the 2 HD consoles then sure, he's right on the point that they are the 2 largest markets. 

My main point is... It's stupid touting 2 countries as to why a console will win, when there are MANY other countries in this World.

Carl2291 said:
Hyruken said:

I'm talking total HW sales, not just PS3/360. Japan is a bigger market for videogames than the UK is. If he was talking just the 2 HD consoles then sure, he's right on the point that they are the 2 largest markets. 

My main point is... It's stupid touting 2 countries as to why a console will win, when there are MANY other countries in this World.

For sure, i 100% agree!

fallen said:

Bump for epic fail :)

I call epic fail on you since your 3 months to early, I'm talking about Sony's 4th quarter. Everything Microsoft had going for them and they matched Sony's quarter 3 sales. Quarter 4 is going to be close, a lot of big games releasing.

Try again in a few month :)

Gilgamesh said:
fallen said:

Bump for epic fail :)

I call epic fail on you since your 3 months to early, I'm talking about Sony's 4th quarter. Everything Microsoft had going for them and they matched Sony's quarter 3 sales. Quarter 4 is going to be close, a lot of big games releasing.

Try again in a few month :)

Epic fail? I call the xbox 360 numbers fail, without the Kinect, 500 million dollar campaign, it wouldve been possible for PS3 to outship the 360.

The gap was 3 million in october, its stil 3 million now. The huge Kinect marketing only helped 360 maintaining the insificant 3 million gap. Lmao.

LOL...if this, and if that...lol...some people on this board really do live in a fantasy world!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder