By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 to outship the X360 by the end of the 4th quarter? Oh yeh

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

gonna get banned for this but fuck it. seriously the only reason this overshipped crap started was because of vgchartz. if some of you took your eyes of this site for 1 second you will realise its not sony, microsoft or nintendo but vgchartz who are wrong. end of.  im expecting the site to be defended like jesus is the creator of it or something but fact is, vgchartz is an inaccurate source for sales and most of you know it.

vgchartz and all the tracking firms are an inaccurate source then.

Around the Network
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

gonna get banned for this but fuck it. seriously the only reason this overshipped crap started was because of vgchartz. if some of you took your eyes of this site for 1 second you will realise its not sony, microsoft or nintendo but vgchartz who are wrong. end of.  im expecting the site to be defended like jesus is the creator of it or something but fact is, vgchartz is an inaccurate source for sales and most of you know it.

heres a thought, if you dont like it leave.

I dont know why people make these comments, piss off if you don't like the sales. The community doesn't need people like you constantly criticising the sales. Move on you are hurt for some reason I don't understand why, but if you a ps3 fan and you are upset it isnt first it is 7k mate, it is a statistical tie, someone had to be first.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

Vgchartz operates with... 10% error margin?

If you wanna pay for professional tracking services its up to you. Some people here just freely enjoy weekly sales. Even if it isn't 100% accurate.

Wonktonodi said:
Carl2291 said:

One word you should remember, and not underestimate -

Kinect.

and one number $500,000,000

And a 199$ pirce - You know, the price console has when it sells most of its hardware. And PS3 didnt get there yet, unlike the competition.

Kinect helped Xbox 360 so much that it ended up as worst selling of all 3 in 2010.... a year where Microsoft had a model price cut, Halo Reach (their strongest franchise), Black Ops ( its on PS3 too, but COD alwyas makes a bigger impact on Xbox) and Kinect with 500.000.000 US dollars ad campaign - AND THEY STILL ENDED UP LAST !!!!!! I barely see how they are gonna top last year with this one. By looks of things they are abandoning the core market and going casual.

Also its good to know that Sony cuts the prices every 2 years...

2007 - PS3 price cut to 399$

2009 - PS3 price cut to 299$

2011 -  PS3 price cut to 199$ ??????

We all know tha its 199$ price that pushes the system for longest time (unless its a launch price) and PS3 managed to to get this far witout it. And we all know how PlayStation products sell at 199$.

^^These are my 2 cents on the sales war situation, I dont care much about that. In my books, PS3 already outsold Xbox because the gap was 5.5 million when Xbox launched and now is 4 million. So PS3 is actually 1.5 million ahead, if you wanna count it fair.

Around the Network

no one think 360 will price first?the S model didn't cut any price and Kinect bundle still little too expensive

btw,i wanna know any one was used point like"360 launch earlier"when PS2 was launch and DC almost launched 2 years

Wich screen are you using to play your 25M PS3?

I would love to see GT5 in that.... would simulate the world perfectly with some Billions or Trillion p resolution.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

pizzahut451 said:

Kinect helped Xbox 360 so much that it ended up as worst selling of all 3 in 2010.... a year where Microsoft had a model price cut, Halo Reach (their strongest franchise), Black Ops ( its on PS3 too, but COD alwyas makes a bigger impact on Xbox) and Kinect with 500.000.000 US dollars ad campaign - AND THEY STILL ENDED UP LAST !!!!!! I barely see how they are gonna top last year with this one. By looks of things they are abandoning the core market and going casual.

Also its good to know that Sony cuts the prices every 2 years...

2007 - PS3 price cut to 399$

2009 - PS3 price cut to 299$

2011 -  PS3 price cut to 199$ ??????

We all know tha its 199$ price that pushes the system for longest time (unless its a launch price) and PS3 managed to to get this far witout it. And we all know how PlayStation products sell at 199$.

^^These are my 2 cents on the sales war situation, I dont care much about that. In my books, PS3 already outsold Xbox because the gap was 5.5 million when Xbox launched and now is 4 million. So PS3 is actually 1.5 million ahead, if you wanna count it fair.

Throwing it out there BUT

Firstly when PS3 was released that was a huge splurge with initial sales then 360 started outselling it prob because of price

secondly 360 made no serious action until second half when ps3 price cut was still in effect thus was selling decently because of thus.

thirdly 360 still hasnt had a proper price cut. The model that is selling pretty damn well and more frequently at least in my experience is the 250gb with Kinect which is the more expensive one and more expensive then the older models.

Give a source on the 500mill or don't say it. People who keep saying this are clearly just basing off internet gossip. The first article was in NYTimes or something and it just spread. Ms never said what they were splurging on Kinect advertising as far as I know. Would have been in the financial reports maybe, find them then you can use this when you point out where this was.

Halo Reach was never going to seriously push consoles imo as Halo 3 was already released and a lot of people would have purchased the 360 (me included) when that released.

Please don't use Black Ops, a game that has sold more on the PS3 in EMEAA. Just shows you aren't doing research when you come out with some of your posts.

PS3 Call of duty Black Ops EMEAA 3,813,964 vs 360 Call of duty black ops EMEAA 3,180,820

In that area PS3 is outselling 360.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

I don't see this as overshipping by sony.  It's pretty clear that Sony has opened new markets these past couple of years where they don't face competition and it allows them to keep pace with MS sales in major markets.  It seems pretty clear that in areas where MS and Sony compete (excluding Japan) MS probably out shipped Sony by about a million units this last quarter.  But with non competitive areas Sony makes up those shipment numbers.  It also explains why Sony has more units in the pipeline than MS and Nintendo.  a gap of 1 to 1.5 million between Sony shipped and sold is reasonable considering the the additional number of markets it has to supply.  Meanwhile it makes more sense to have a lower gap number between MS's shipped and sold numbers because they have less areas to keep supplied.

There is no reason to criticize the hard work Vgchartz employees are doing, they seem to have the sales figures spot on and made the correct adjustments during the difficult holiday tracking season. 

AussieGecko said:

Please don't use Black Ops, a game that has sold more on the PS3 in EMEAA. Just shows you aren't doing research when you come out with some of your posts.

PS3 Call of duty Black Ops EMEAA 3,813,964 vs 360 Call of duty black ops EMEAA 3,180,820

Lol. So what if it did better on the ps3 in several regions, it still overall sold better on the 360.  Just shows you aren't doing research when you come out with some of your posts.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius