By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable III is going to make me buy a 360

Good choice. As a few people above me have already said i would definitely recommend getting fable 2 and possible the first one. Also Alan Wake is an amazing game you should check out as well.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Acevil said:

Make sure to research all hidden costs that you will take in order to run a console, and which model is a best. 

What hidden cost? Is Xbox Live a secret?

HDMI cables and xbox live are considered hidden, other things people might not look at when they purchase a console. Since cost is an issue, make sure you have enough money for everything. This applies to every console and I only said it, because he said he needed to find extra cash. 

Acevil said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Acevil said:

Make sure to research all hidden costs that you will take in order to run a console, and which model is a best. 

HDMI cables and xbox live are considered hidden, other things people might not look at when they purchase a console. Since cost is an issue, make sure you have enough money for everything. This applies to every console and I only said it, because he said he needed to find extra cash. 

Like I said, I think Live costs are already pretty well know. Not a big secret.

The HDMI cables aren't included with any console nor is it required. So that's just a presumption.

We could go in circles I'm sure. But I imagine the OP was aware of the few "hidden costs" you could think of.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Acevil said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Acevil said:

Like I said, I think Live costs are already pretty well know. Not a big secret.

The HDMI cables aren't included with any console nor is it required. So that's just a presumption.

We could go in circles I'm sure. But I imagine the OP was aware of the few "hidden costs" you could think of.

I would imagine as well, but my main point was just do good research. 

Yes Fable 3 is well worth getting a console for....seriously I think it might be the best game I have ever played, its just fun in it's purest form!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

I've never played an MMO so Fable 2 was as close as I've ever gotten.  Running through such a huge world and seeing other people online, was one the most awesome experiences I've had this gen.  Interacting with them, getting/recieving gifts, talking with them about puzzle solutions, and other things.  It was great!  I'm hoping that Fable 3 improves upon this. 

It's only you and one other player together at the same time though?

Raze said:

Reading up on the in-depth reviews on the game, it just sounds massively interesting, something I can sink my teeth into for hours. Of course, there would be other games I had missed (having only a Wii thus far) that I'd pick up, but I don't think I want to miss playing Fable III. Also, Kinect seems interesting, worth checking out. Yeah, I know, I have a Wii, but I'm interested to see how NO controller will work.  Now its a matter of finding the extra cash... grr.

Welcome to the club. If your going to wait a few weeks, I think checking into the black friday deals can be a way to get the cheapest deal. My buddy got a 360 for 100 bucks from wal-mart last year. I'm sure they will have another sale.

I would also pick up Halo reach, the campaign was amazing and fun to play. Splinter cell was good as well. If your broke though I would just go for fable 3. You could also pick up the old mass effect for cheap. I see that everyone else has filled you in on the others. Good luck.

Raze said:

thanks for the info. I'll have to wait a few weeks at LEAST before I can make such a purchase anyway, so I'll prob get the Kinect bundle. Starcraft, I'll check out the other fable games too, and likely pick up assassins Creed II, as I was impressed with what I saw at E3.

I'd also play Mass Effect 1 and 2.

The original will start to feel a little dated given it's technical issues and it's age, but believe me, the Mass Effect story is the best of any original Western IP this generation.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Slimebeast said:
d21lewis said:

I've never played an MMO so Fable 2 was as close as I've ever gotten.  Running through such a huge world and seeing other people online, was one the most awesome experiences I've had this gen.  Interacting with them, getting/recieving gifts, talking with them about puzzle solutions, and other things.  It was great!  I'm hoping that Fable 3 improves upon this. 

It's only you and one other player together at the same time though?

This is my third time typing a reply to this post!  Anyway, no.  You can see/interact with everyone playing the game at the time.  I don't feel like typing how it works again.  I'm posting from a phone.

u will enjoy the 360 for a long time, with its gaming library. gears of war series,alan wake,halo series,fable series,lost odyssey,blue dragon,tales of vesperia,infinite undiscovery,banjo series,kameo,condemned criminal origins and so many more for u too enjoy.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1