By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable III is going to make me buy a 360

"Wii gamers will upgrade to HD consoles"

Around the Network
Acevil said:

Make sure to research all hidden costs that you will take in order to run a console, and which model is a best. 

What hidden cost? Is Xbox Live a secret?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

scoobes - My comp needs about a $400 upgrade in order to be up to current tech (multi core processor, new graphics card, and a new mobo to handle all that) I can play some games, as I have a p4 2.8 single core with 3 gb ram and a geforce 7600, but the newer ones are just too advanced for my box. Been playing a lot of LOTRO =)

prof - its not so much an HD thing for me, I have an OLD TV that might be as old as you are, or close to it ;) (tv from 1992) - yes I do plan on upgrading it by next year

vetteman - well, I'd been a light gamer, busy with work, my band, etc, so I couldnt justify having another console. Been unemployed since June, so money's been tight.

godbless and dirty - thanks for reccomendations, will look into them

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

im playing Fable 3 and dude is the best game this year... This and Alan Wake are f**** awesome! Mass Effect 2 , God of War 3 and RdR maybe the bet 5 games this year... damn Fable 3 is amazing!

Lol I was bored, cheapest I could find was $250. :-p

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.513219

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102871&cm_re=5670-_-14-102-871-_-Product

Tease.

Around the Network

Congratz mate I'm sure you'll have fun!

As people have already said, get Alan Wake, Mass Effect 1/2, Forza 3 and Gears 1/2!

Also don't listen to people telling you to buy/not to buy Kinect, check it out yourself and see if the device and games are worth the investment...

Mr Puggsly said:
Acevil said:

Make sure to research all hidden costs that you will take in order to run a console, and which model is a best. 

What hidden cost? Is Xbox Live a secret?

Dude, this is hilarious

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

starcraft said:

Congratulations.  It is a fabulous console, and a fabulous game.

Be sure to play both the first and second Fable games if you can.  I believe you can download both from the Live Marketplace (actually, I seem to recall that option being removed for the original Fable, but that can be had very cheaply second hand and works on Xbox 360).  In the event you do get these two games, try to get the complete ones.  For the first, that is Fable: The Lost Chapters.  For the second, it is Fable 2: Game of the Year Edition.

Well you can still get it through the marketplace on the Xbox website, I believe. (along with the other XBO games)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I've never played an MMO so Fable 2 was as close as I've ever gotten.  Running through such a huge world and seeing other people online, was one the most awesome experiences I've had this gen.  Interacting with them, getting/recieving gifts, talking with them about puzzle solutions, and other things.  It was great!  I'm hoping that Fable 3 improves upon this. 

I think F2 was worth owning a 360 for.  If F3 is better, then you won't regret your purchase.  See ya online!

smbu2000 said:
starcraft said:

Congratulations.  It is a fabulous console, and a fabulous game.

Be sure to play both the first and second Fable games if you can.  I believe you can download both from the Live Marketplace (actually, I seem to recall that option being removed for the original Fable, but that can be had very cheaply second hand and works on Xbox 360).  In the event you do get these two games, try to get the complete ones.  For the first, that is Fable: The Lost Chapters.  For the second, it is Fable 2: Game of the Year Edition.

Well you can still get it through the marketplace on the Xbox website, I believe. (along with the other XBO games)

If nothing else, I believe Fable is one of the backwards compatible games so I'm sure you can find it pretty cheap on Amazon and eBay.