By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Konami be worried?

Cross-X said:
Degausser said:

It hasn't done that bad imo. With a decent launch in Japan it should find it's way to 1.2m worldwide ) when all is said and done, which is round about where most games in the genre end up outside of DMC and God of War. Unless Konami were expecting the game to randomly sell as much as DMC despite being a new series (Not new IP) I'd imagine it's just about in line with expectation. 

Depends on if the holidays help sell a decent amount of copies, it's tracking quite behind Bayonetta but should show stronger legs with holiday sales.

MGS Rising should do better then MGS4 too, what with the PS3 userbase having grown, the 360 side of things to draw from and MGS4's performance to draw from anyway. 

If anything is a cause for Konami's concern it should be how far behind PES has fallen from FIFA now - PES2011 already had it's priced slashed in the UK just a week after launch and FIFA continues to take more and more of the market. While I'm sure Konami are still making a pretty penny from these low-cost yearly releases, it's nothing like it was in the PS2 days when FIFA was 'second' football game.

I seriously doubt MGS Rising on PS3 will outsell MGS4. In fact probably PS3, X360 and PC version combined won't outsell MGS4's 5 Mil.

Hard to call, I think it'll eventually creep to 5M like MGS4 did but it won't happen first year or anything.

It'll still be a big seller though, no doubt in my mind it'll be a bigger seller in Japan then MGS4 and stuff. Will make Konami a pretty penny, which isn't something you can say about many of their games nowadays lol.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:

Think positive! within 2 weeks it outsold Castlevania Judgement! Think positive!

LOL.

I actually bought Judgement but never bothered to unseal it.

MGS:Risng will definitely sell better. Quite frankly, MGS is far more popular than Castlevania ever was.

Perhaps Castlevania will have decent legs in the long run. It only needs to sell 1.8 million more copies to be a hit!

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Galaki said:
NiKKoM said:

Think positive! within 2 weeks it outsold Castlevania Judgement! Think positive!

LOL.

I actually bought Judgement but never bothered to unseal it.

I did the same thing with the Klonoa remake. I forgot i had the game until I moved a few months ago.

Iga triumphant!

Around the Network

Castlevania is actually pretty much a no-name series, it just existed for a long time so it is a name that a lot of pepole know.

I think that only one game has sold over a million copies.

On the other hand, MGS is a much bigger brand.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

RageBot said:

I think that only one game has sold over a million copies.

Yep.  Only Circle of the Moon on GBA sold over a million afaik.  Of course, if we counted ports and rereleases then CV1 (FDS, MSX, NES, GBA, VC) and SotN (PS1, SS, XBLA, PSN) might've done it also?

I think MGS:R will do really well, it's got a massive userbase on PS3 to sell to, and I think it's the kind of game 360 fans will like.

I see the ratio similar to FFXIII

Seece said:

I think MGS:R will do really well, it's got a massive userbase on PS3 to sell to, and I think it's the kind of game 360 fans will like.

I see the ratio similar to FFXIII

I think the ratio will be more in line with something like DMC4.  I think more 360 owners will be open to MGS than FF, if due to theme alone.  Of course, if 360 gets another hands down "inferior version" then that may skew things.

NiKKoM said:

This. And which Castlevania game is the OP referring to?