By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Konami be worried?

Well at least Japan is getting a PS3 bundle with Castlevania and MGS4.

Around the Network

I be worried with konami until they give me suikoden VI!!! lol

twesterm said:
Ldn.se said:

Castlevania sales arent impressive. It bombed. I think that Konami should have released this game as timed exclusive to PS3 or X360..... No doubt we would see decent sales of at least one version.

Am now thinking if same thing could happen to Metal Gear Solid: Rising?

How would releasing it on a single platform mean more sales?

Doing that would only mean less overall sales and then bad sales 6-12  months down the line.

Now that people are saying this i think it would make more sense. someone else said about how Enslaved has not been successful, and that had of it release exclusive like Heavenly Sword, it wouldve done moderately better.

personally i like to use the other example, Demon's Souls, the game has achieved good sales for a new, niche IP, and countless awards and accolades. people are still talking about it, would this had been possible if it wasnt exclusive?? i dont think so, the amount of exposure its had because of being exclusive has been very good publicity for the title imo.

A203D said:
twesterm said:
Ldn.se said:

Castlevania sales arent impressive. It bombed. I think that Konami should have released this game as timed exclusive to PS3 or X360..... No doubt we would see decent sales of at least one version.

Doing that would only mean less overall sales and then bad sales 6-12  months down the line.

Now that people are saying this i think it would make more sense. someone else said about how Enslaved has not been successful, and that had of it release exclusive like Heavenly Sword, it wouldve done moderately better.

personally i like to use the other example, Demon's Souls, the game has achieved good sales for a new, niche IP, and countless awards and accolades. people are still talking about it, would this had been possible if it wasnt exclusive?? i dont think so, the amount of exposure its had because of being exclusive has been very good publicity for the title imo.

I don't really think so, Demon's Soul is popular because it's a really good game.

The only people that really care about exclusive are the people who browse internet forums all day and we are a very small minority.

NiKKoM said:

Think positive! within 2 weeks it outsold Castlevania Judgement! Think positive!

Ouch, it took TWO weeks?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

um no... because I'll buy Rising, and I won't buy this. so it won't do the same thing >_>

twesterm said:
Ldn.se said:

Lost Planet/Bioshock sold well on X360 as an exclusive but the PS3 port didnt have good sales. LP2 wasnt exclusive and there you go, bad sales . Darksiders or Dantes Infeno bombed but im pretty sure that as an exclusive these games would have been more successful.

They shouldn't have slapped the Castlevania name on Lords of Shadow like they did. As a new IP and a more advertised demo, it could have been another Dantes inferno.

As it is now you have people do one of two things:

1. people that don't like castlevania: "Screw that, I don't like castlevania so I ain't buying it"

2. people that like castlevania: "WTF is this SH*T? SELL! SELL! SELL!"

Ldn.se said:
twesterm said:

Lost Planet/Bioshock sold well on X360 as an exclusive but the PS3 port didnt have good sales. LP2 wasnt exclusive and there you go, bad sales . Darksiders or Dantes Infeno bombed but im pretty sure that as an exclusive these games would have been more successful.

I'm not going to argue either way... But it's not the simple either... there are other factors as well. One was a lot less good games when LP1 came out as well.

Ldn.se said:
twesterm said:
Ldn.se said:

Ugh, fail.  Just plain fail.

Bioshock was a good game, that's why it sold.  When it was released on the 360, it was a year old game.  That is why it didn't sell nearly as well as the 360.  I promise you, if it had released on both consoles at the same time, the PS3 version would have higher numbers and there would have been more sales overall.

Lost Planet 2 had bad sales because it was a bad game, it had nothing to do with it not being exclusive.  Lost Planet only did as well as it did because there wasn't much like it at the time.  If it had released today it would do about as well as Lost Planet 2 probably.

Games sell well based on how they're advertised and how good they are.  Darksiders and Dante's Inferno weren't anything special so they sold about as much as expected (by the way, both sold a million so neither of them bombed).  If either of those were on a single console, they would not have nearly as large as a userbase and would have sold worse.  Both of those were third party so Sony or Microsoft would not have done much to advertise them if anything.

This really isn't a hard concept to grasp.