By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are so many games bombing in 2010?

Threads about games bombing are not popular anymore.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
Doobie_wop said:

It might be ok to play Oblivion for 16 hours straight when your 15, but when your 20 years old, you have other responsibilities and your hobby has to fall to the side.

lmao I'm 19 and I've got about 17 hours into Fallout New Vegas.

amp316 said:

Threads about games bombing are not popular anymore.

No this threads post count is undertracked!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

low sells dont mean a game bomb...alan wake is the bomb

People got tired of sameness.

All of those games are either sequels and not bringing nothing new, or are new IP's bringing nothin new.

And you forgot about this years Tiger Woods.

Around the Network
Beuli2 said:

My theory: bigger userbases don't help bad games to sell e.g. Metroid Other M.

Thats complete bullshit first lots and lots of bad games sell well

And second only a nintendo fanboy can honestly believe metroid other m is a bad game, its not the masterpiece everyone was expecting, but to say its a bad game because it doesnt have  over 90 on metacritic is complete nonsence

oldschoolfool said:

Not every game can sell millons upon millons of copies. I think nobody want's to take a risk and buy a game that's different from the big COD franchises. People cry about it being the same old game,but it's the same old game that people really want to play. I think that the sales speak to that. I don't think all of those games really bombed,but they did'nt sell millons upon millons of copies. It's all in how you see it. lol

Agreed these days there seem to e t much enforces on if it did not sell 1 million it sucks or what not.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Apart from Castlevania which still has good chances for legs over Christmas period and decent sales in Japan I'd say all of those titles deserved to bomb.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Its simple - the average video game user for the five bases is buying fewer games than he or she has in previous years. So software sales are still robust but they are heavily concentrated in an increasingly smaller number of hit titles each year.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

I think you are on to something with gamers simply burning out and getting out of gaming. I actually think this will be my last gen in gaming. I don't have to time to invest in all the games that interest me and the old series I used to like have been raped and change to an extent where I just don't wanna bother. I've been gaming since I was 5 on the NES. For me Gaming peaked with the ps2 era, now I feel like I'm on the downtread getting less and less interested in whats out there. I predict my life as a person who plays games will end in a year or two.

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.