By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are so many games bombing in 2010?

Esquoret said:

Yeah too many games. The solution is to have 24 months per year!

That would make me a full pledged pedo

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:

poor poor castlevania. it deserves more, with my tight budget it convinced me to buy it, and i already bought 3 hack n slash games this year.

*hopes that kotick will put online payment for cod:bo tomorow*

that should help other games.

I plan on buying it but only the special edition. It looks so fucking classy! soundtrack and the game come in the fucking art book! the cover is shiny and slightly raised.Soo sexy.(yeah i love boxart.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u50gYlFGgik&feature=related

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!

Castlevania bombing is only a good thing for us.  Now bring on the 3DS Igavania!

1. Too many games targeted at consumers who don't have enough money.

2. Gamers buying into hype and that hugely marketed games attracts consumers.

3. Busy or engrossed in playing adicting fps online such that they'd prefer DLC.

4. Expectations are too high esp multiplayer, and that every game no mater the genre would have to meet that criteria.

5. These days, time wasted is never gained and one has to utilize it to make money to meet other needs.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

I tend to buy that type of games , im not that much into Halo and COD, yes i have COD but  prefer playing more varied type games like NMH,Punch Out,Okami,etc;  i think im hardcore but once in a while youll have to buy games like Red Dead, God of War, and COD, but the truth there to many games coming out and too little money, i havent buyed Castlevania and i love that series ,because i have a job , responsabilities little time and not that much money, maybe latter but this Gen i tend to buy cheaper games in the range of 30-40, its not because i dont love games, its because of the type of life and type of responsabilities you have.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

That's why they call him "President O-Bomb-A"!!

(I stole that from TWKUK)

LOL good one

jarrod said:

Castlevania bombing is only a good thing for us.  Now bring on the 3DS Igavania!

Yes, as this likely the last time we'll see any innovation from the franchise. >_>

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
jarrod said:

Yes, as this likely the last time we'll see any innovation from the franchise. >_>

Clone of War isn't exactly what I'd call innovation.  I'd just rather they steal from a superior game again (ie: Super Metroid).

Because $60(for US) is a lot of money. People just aren't willing to risk that much money on a game they know nothing about. They would rather take the safe path and buy the game everyone else is getting, ala COD and Halo because they will get the most bang for the buck.

Also, many people might disagree with me on this, but the economy is part of the reason. Sure, the video game industry has been fairly "recession-proof", but going back to what I said: $60 is too much money, and people aren't willing to pay so much for every game, especially those without a job or those with a crappy one.

PSN: plasticman13

GT: TheGypsyHunter

jarrod said:
outlawauron said:
jarrod said:

Clone of War isn't exactly what I'd call innovation.  I'd just rather they steal from a superior game again (ie: Super Metroid).

Meh. I'll take Clone of War over Metroidvania 32. While it may not be different on a large scale, I'm speaking relative to the franchise itself. Considering that, I think it's the most change the series has ever seen.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.