By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - gamrReview version 2 is here!

I don't know if I'm just being stupid... but I can see 1 boxart for each game, have multiple box arts been deleted? And if so, can we add them back?

Around the Network
Smeags said:

And yet despite this update of the forever, ioi is still losing to Euphoria in the Greatest User Tournament!

I call shenanigans. >:(

I blame the newbies who don't know the awesomeness of ioi. They weren't even around when he struck down Brett in a blaze of epic glory.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Munkeh111 said:

I don't know if I'm just being stupid... but I can see 1 boxart for each game, have multiple box arts been deleted? And if so, can we add them back?

mouse over the top boxart. The feature was missing for a while.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

morenoingrato said:

it would be nice if banners are replaceable, but we get notified (so we can troll the one who did it) and that we don't loose points

I just notified all the db admins that they should not be accepting new banners unless they are "superior". Essentially it is a first come first serve unless the first guy screws up.

Old banners should only be replaced if they are: fuzzy, the wrong size, or any other major problem.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

nordlead said:

Old banners should only be replaced if they are: fuzzy, the wrong size, or any other major problem.

And over 99.99% of the banners that got replacement submissions are under one of those categories.

The one for Kirby's Epic Yarn was a rare exception.

But it would be nice if we could not just see the submitted banner but also the one that should get replaced in the same preview window. To search for each of the corresponding games manually takes a lot of time.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Around the Network

graphs... yeah!

nordlead said:
Munkeh111 said:

I can do that, but I can only see that one box art, shouldn't there be others?

Munkeh111 said:
nordlead said:
Munkeh111 said:

At the lower right corner of the window that appears when you hover over the boxart you should see 'Prev/Next'.

If the game has more than one boxart you can look at those by clicking on Previous or Next.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

oliist said:

And over 99.99% of the banners that got replacement submissions are under one of those categories.

The one for Kirby's Epic Yarn was a rare exception.

But it would be nice if we could not just see the submitted banner but also the one that should get replaced in the same preview window. To search for each of the corresponding games manually takes a lot of time.

understood, but I've seen a fair share of banners submissions that I reject, yet they get re-submitted. If the old banner doesn't meet the current specs then it needs to be replaced, and sadly that means people will lose points, but people shouldn't lose points for banners that are within those guidlines. I don't want to change how it works because I don't want people generating points just by replacing the banner they uploaded last week because they like the new shot better.

I understand that people want their points, but I think this is a fair compromise.

As for checking, I have a list of improvements I will be giving over to Brett and co., including improvements on the backend for us to make our jobs easier. This is only the first change that will take place with the gamrReview website.

oliist said:
Munkeh111 said:
nordlead said:
Munkeh111 said:

At the lower right corner of the window that appears when you hover over the boxart you should see 'Prev/Next'.

If the game has more than one boxart you can look at those by clicking on Previous or Next.

I can see that, but have all the extra box arts been removed as I can't seem to actually click on those buttons