By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I have to say...Halo 3 takes more skill than Halo Reach

So here are my reasons

1. There is absolutely no leading on with the DMR or any other long distant weapon, which is arguably one of the hardest things to master in Halo 3.  I've noticed 5-shotting in Halo Reach is far far more easily done then 4-shotting in Halo 3 was.

2. The reticule bloom in Halo Reach just doesn't really work that well-the majority of people that i've gone up against will just spam the trigger of the DMR or needle rifle, it may take them more shots to kill you but they can do it in roughly the same time as you can pull off a 5 shot....and i've had people spam kill me with the DMR or needle rifle half way across the map on hemorrhage.

3. Armor abilities make it easier to get lucky kills if your a noob- herp a derping, armor lock herp a derping, and many many more.

Now don't get me wrong Halo Reach is a fantastic game but lets not kid ourselves....the game just doesn't take quite as much skill as Halo 3 did.

Thoughts?

Around the Network

Says who?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=116957

:P

So what you're saying you suck less at Reach then Halo 3?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Boutros said:

Says who?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=116957

:P

Its true though! Halo 3 takes more skill...all of my friends agree with me too.

I actually have a 2.08 KD spread in Reach.

The only thing that annoy's me about reach is the inconsistency of the frag grenade.

My Eyes!!! The Goggles Do Nothing!!!

Around the Network

i 100%  agree with all your points (side note halo reach's maps suck! worst multi-player maps ever in a halo game) but i still love the game

I don't know about Reach taking less skill. I just think some people don't know how to counter certain tactics that well in Reach yet.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

halo reach is not as fun for me as halo 3 was

What on earth does herp a derping even mean? o_o

I think you're overreacting. You could "spam kill" with the battle rifle in Halo 3 about as easily as you can with the needle rifle or DMR.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:

What on earth does herp a derping even mean? o_o

I think you're overreacting. You could "spam kill" with the battle rifle in Halo 3 about as easily as you can with the needle rifle or DMR.

XD, No.

I've found there are two kinds of people in Reach, beastly people who can no-scope you from across the map with a sniper with every shot they fire, and those who can only kill you if they camp around corners with a shotgun and  either pop out to run after you, or invis their way to you. As a whole I think it's easier to be a noob at Reach than Halo 3, but it takes more skill to be legit. I've found that it's actually easy to foil the noobery, but it;s still increadibly annoying. As for the legit people, get a life and let me destroy the noobs in peace! lol

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!