By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I have to say...Halo 3 takes more skill than Halo Reach

themanwithnoname said:

I'm so sick of this game's crappy host migration. Yeah, it's a nice feature to have, but why is it happening at the beginning of the match and halfway through the match? It's random and completely breaks the flow of the game. It's also rather hilarious when I host migrate into a suicide while driving a vehicle. But seriously, Halo 3 didn't have this many host migrations per match.

The host mitigation is something ive not seen anymore of then in Halo 3, perhaps Ive even seen it less in Reach then halo 3 since I see people quit less in the middle of games in Halo Reach Arena and even 'Social' ( Now called 'Competitive Matchmaking' in Reach ).  Only thing I can say is since I didnt see any word about it in the Bungie forums as being a widespread problem is you're having a localized problem or perhaps you're search options are ( although statistically not probably ) pairing you with players that are far away with low connectivity and high packet loss and thus not able to be host of the games you're in..

Around the Network
Uberkiffer said:

I've played both of these games entirely too much and have to say that I think the overall difficulty is the same.  Perhaps the changes to matchmaking are making the OP think that there is less skill invovled in folks as it's much easier to play ranked games vs newbs now than before.  That said, with the introduction of jetpacks, armor lock, running, better frag grenades, the zoom pistol, and "elite slayer," the possibilities of getting killed/killing have increased. Also, pack to the topic, many of the Reach maps are from areas within the game or reskins of old Halo maps, rather than new and fresh on every instance.. it is also quite possible that the maps feel more familiar for halo players (I know I enjoy em alot), and thus people are able to adapt and adjust more quickly than before as well.  Aaaaanyways, more skill in Halo 3 than Reach? Meh.. I think OP hasn't played around enough with the new ways to kill folks :)

200 games of online multiplayer...I think I have

Severance said:

i actually think Halo 3 takes less skill ... maybe because thats the game that i am used to , but Halo in general doesn't take that much skill and i bet Keifer is going to be here telling me about it.

Thats the second time I've seen you say that. The first time I gave you the benefit of the doubt but I'm calling you out this time. 

What your saying is completely false and pretty much the view point of someone that does not understand the deeper mechanics behind fps games. I'll say it again, Halo has been the flagship title for MLG despite more popular shooters like MW2 having been released. Why would the biggest professional gaming circuit in the United States use Halo if it doesn't take much skill.

If you want to back up your words I would love to play you 1v1 or 4v4 in any Halo game you want, including the pc ones.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Oh I would like to add that armor lock is in fact broken. The other AA's are fine but armor lock needs to be adjusted in the next title update. One thing that definitely needs to be changed is that a players shields should not be able to recharge while the player is in armor lock. Thats just one small change but others could be argued.

To get an idea why I say armor lock is broken watch this.

Although I'm saying this from a competitive view point. From a social, just for fun view point, armor lock is actually pretty entertaining to see used.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Tbh I haven't played much of Halo multiplayer...not a big fan of the game

BUT

Reach MP was fun, and easier than I thought but I thought that was good thing. I enjoyed it a lot :)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

Just learn how to deal with armor lock and you'll be fine.  They can't pop out and melee you if you aren't standing right next to them like an idiot.  It takes out your shield when the thing pops.  Why on earth would you stand there?  Using armor lock is a great way to get yourself killed if you're playing someone with any sense and you don't have a teammate around.

My favorite is the decoy one, hologram, whatever it's called.  I love when people fall for it over and over.  Makes me laugh every time.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?