By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I have to say...Halo 3 takes more skill than Halo Reach

I disagree but the in-depth discussion of game mechanics that would be involved to prove my point would take too long and I have way too much school work to invest the time.

Although I do agree with a few points. Armor Lock should have certain aspects changed but again I won't go into detail and the maps could be better but thats why we have forge world. Herp-a-derping is annoying too but can mostly be avoided if you play smart, I'm also hoping MLG changes the melee strength to 75% in their next version update so as to remove the tactic completely. Although it is really fun to do when I'm messing around in matchmaking ^_^

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Around the Network
Mendicate Bias said:

I disagree but the in-depth discussion of game mechanics that would be involved to prove my point would take too long and I have way too much school work to invest the time.

Although I do agree with a few points. Armor Lock should have certain aspects changed but again I won't go into detail and the maps could be better but thats why we have forge world. Herp-a-derping is annoying too but can mostly be avoided if you play smart, I'm also hoping MLG changes the melee strength to 75% in their next version update so as to remove the tactic completely. Although it is really fun to do when I'm messing around in matchmaking ^_^

But isn't leading on one of the hardest thing to do in FPS's? (it is for me at least)  Halo Reach doesn't have that.

I dunno... I guess if you played ranked matches you'd want to play with serious skillz, but in my opinion, Halo 3 was less competitive. I remember that I played very random games! It was also easier to jump in the middle of the battlefield and still survive because there weren't a lot of long range weapons in that game (or at least there was a limit to where the shots could reach at a certain point, even the BR bullets can't travel as far as DMR ones). I think Reach is really all serious business, with CoD-style campers everywhere and shit (also one reason why they released the SWAT and Snipers playlists, thank GOD!). Also, the heavy weapon hugging seems to be worst in that game... so yeah, maybe you're right in a way.

*Personal rant: I stopped liking the competitive multiplayer the second week the game came out. Didn't really touch it since then. I think I don't like the community in Reach, people play very cheap and I have to play cheap to win, which I don't like because it's just so easy. I played a few matches a few days ago, and I encountered grenade and armor lock/invisibility spammers. I had so much fun *cough*... Hopefully the overall player populace will play the good ol' Halo way when Black Ops releases. I'm not that bad in Reach either with an overall K/D ratio of 1.76, but still...

I guess Invasion is the only competitive mode I'll be playing ever in Reach. They definitely need more Spartans Vs. Elites playlists.*

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:

I dunno... I guess if you played ranked matches you'd want to play with serious skillz, but in my opinion, Halo 3 was less competitive. I remember that I played very random games! It was also easier to jump in the middle of the battlefield and still survive because there weren't a lot of long range weapons in that game (or at least there was a limit to where the shots could reach at a certain point, even the BR bullets can't travel as far as DMR ones). I think Reach is really all serious business, with CoD-style campers everywhere and shit (also one reason why they released the SWAT and Snipers playlists, thank GOD!). Also, the heavy weapon hugging seems to be worst in that game... so yeah, maybe you're right in a way.

*Personal rant: I stopped liking the competitive multiplayer the second week the game came out. Didn't really touch it since then. I think I don't like the community in Reach, people play very cheap and I have to play cheap to win, which I don't like because it's just so easy. I played a few matches a few days ago, and I encountered grenade and armor lock/invisibility spammers. I had so much fun *cough*... Hopefully the overall player populace will play the good ol' Halo way when Black Ops releases. I'm not that bad in Reach either with an overall K/D ratio of 1.76, but still...

I guess Invasion is the only competitive mode I'll be playing ever in Reach. They definitely need more Spartans Vs. Elites playlists.*

This, it's simply the workings of that COD garbage.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

lol at the thread you made the other time

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:

I completely agree with your personal rant....I've never played a game where people try to play this cheap so often....imo Halo Reach has the biggest douche bag community ever.

yo_john117 said:
SHMUPGurus said:

I completely agree with your personal rant....I've never played a game where people try to play this cheap so often....imo Halo Reach has the biggest douche bag community ever.

Actually douche bag community is MW2. Nothing beats the douche bags in MW2. All the hackers, cheap bastards, etc MW2 are way worse than any other. That's where it started from and obviously there are many cheaters who play MW2 that are also in Reach by the sounds of things, just with different using different cheap tactics.

Cross-X said:
yo_john117 said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Actually douche bag community is MW2. Nothing beats the douche bags in MW2. All the hackers, cheap bastards, etc MW2 are way worse than any other. That's where it started from and obviously there are many cheaters who play MW2 that are also in Reach by the sounds of things, just with different using different cheap tactics.

Yeah MW2 did create the ultra cheap noob class.  I don't get why anyone would play a game so cheaply though.

yo_john117 said:
Cross-X said:
yo_john117 said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Yeah MW2 did create the ultra cheap noob class.  I don't get why anyone would play a game so cheaply though.

I don't get it either. I always play legit. Sometimes after I finish a campaign for a game, I'd enter a cheat code just to have some fun ie in Red Dead Redemption I entered some cheat codes for Unlimite Ammo, Dead Eye, etc and just go nuts in towns lol. But I'd never do this stuff on Multiplayer. When I level up and unlock stuff, I earned that shit with my skill, not cheaply taking advantage of other players.

But you know, half the blame goes to Infinity Ward as well. They made at least 8 Patches trying to fix all the hacks and glitches in the multiplaer but even after all those patches, hacker would find new hack and cheats ie, infinite supply drops, etc. If Infinity Ward fixed everything then there could be less cheap players but unfortunately that isn't the case...

alkino272 said:

i 100%  agree with all your points (side note halo reach's maps suck! worst multi-player maps ever in a halo game) but i still love the game

I have to disagree about the maps. Ive yet to develop a true hatred for any maps in Reach in the way I did for several in Halo 3 (mainly Snowbound and Isolation) and ever thought I get bad streaks on ones like Countdown. So personally I would say it has the best map selection, even if the number of maps is pretty limited.