By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I have to say...Halo 3 takes more skill than Halo Reach

I agree 100% with the points u made about the bloom

I like armor abilities :), i think they make the game more interesting, but i kinda think armor lock should only be in elite slayer, cus thats we're i like to spam it XD

Dont really understand first point

I want classic slayer back, that reminds me most of halo 3 i heard they removed it

Around the Network

Review scores agree with you.

Halo: Reach - 91 Metascore

Halo 3 - 94 Metascore

I remember at first I missed the BR badly. I was upset Bungie took it out but now I actually prefer the DMR. It's a much better weapon all around.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

i actually think Halo 3 takes less skill ... maybe because thats the game that i am used to , but Halo in general doesn't take that much skill and i bet Keifer is going to be here telling me about it.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

ironman said:
SHMUPGurus said:

I dunno... I guess if you played ranked matches you'd want to play with serious skillz, but in my opinion, Halo 3 was less competitive. I remember that I played very random games! It was also easier to jump in the middle of the battlefield and still survive because there weren't a lot of long range weapons in that game (or at least there was a limit to where the shots could reach at a certain point, even the BR bullets can't travel as far as DMR ones). I think Reach is really all serious business, with CoD-style campers everywhere and shit (also one reason why they released the SWAT and Snipers playlists, thank GOD!). Also, the heavy weapon hugging seems to be worst in that game... so yeah, maybe you're right in a way.

*Personal rant: I stopped liking the competitive multiplayer the second week the game came out. Didn't really touch it since then. I think I don't like the community in Reach, people play very cheap and I have to play cheap to win, which I don't like because it's just so easy. I played a few matches a few days ago, and I encountered grenade and armor lock/invisibility spammers. I had so much fun *cough*... Hopefully the overall player populace will play the good ol' Halo way when Black Ops releases. I'm not that bad in Reach either with an overall K/D ratio of 1.76, but still...

I guess Invasion is the only competitive mode I'll be playing ever in Reach. They definitely need more Spartans Vs. Elites playlists.*

This, it's simply the workings of that COD garbage.

Being invincible and turning invisible is the workings of COD? Double you Tea Eff?

Around the Network

Wow you guys must be pretty badass... or I just suck. My K/D for competitive MP matchs is 1.01, then again I play with randoms 90% of the time I'm sure that doesn't help. How are you guys getting such high K/Ds? I had a 1.30 in Halo 3 for the longest time, so I have to say Reach is harder. Then again I have over 100 360 games so I don't play Reach every day, just every 2-3 days and I had a higher K/D in Modern Warfare 2 till it became a mod fest.

I just enjoy this more then Halo 3, and I think the only thing it really lacks is maps.

It's just that simple.

I often wonder what constitutes been a noob actually.

I have about 31 hours of multi played on reach and have managed  a 0.85 k/d to date.

I just play ffa rumble pit as I find team death match a disaster.

You mostly get players dropping out which makes it totally unbalanced.

I just play the way I can play and if others dont like it well tough luck.

I mean it seems to me some folks play a certain way and expect everyone else to do the same.

Part of the fun is the randomness each match brings imo.

I enjoy reach more than mw2 which was my first game to really get stuck in to multi.

Maybe it is easier than 3 as the op says but I am finding it to be very enjoyable and if I constitute been a noob well so what really.

If other players are as good as they say any noob should not be a problem for them.

(Depending on what a noob actually is.)

alkino272 said:

i 100%  agree with all your points (side note halo reach's maps suck! worst multi-player maps ever in a halo game) but i still love the game

I agree with the multiplayer maps being a bit of a letdown, they're really boring and not many stand out. I played a forgeworld map with some friends yesterday that was a incredible Narrows remake from Halo 3. I can't believe how much fun I had that game and how much I loved it, that familar feel was awesome. To be honest I didn't even think Narrows was that great in Halo 3.

i have to agree with you, halo reach is good but its mp seems too easy, i personally liked halo3' mp better

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

yo_john117 said:

So here are my reasons

1. There is absolutely no leading on with the DMR or any other long distant weapon, which is arguably one of the hardest things to master in Halo 3.  I've noticed 5-shotting in Halo Reach is far far more easily done then 4-shotting in Halo 3 was.

2. The reticule bloom in Halo Reach just doesn't really work that well-the majority of people that i've gone up against will just spam the trigger of the DMR or needle rifle, it may take them more shots to kill you but they can do it in roughly the same time as you can pull off a 5 shot....and i've had people spam kill me with the DMR or needle rifle half way across the map on hemorrhage.

3. Armor abilities make it easier to get lucky kills if your a noob- herp a derping, armor lock herp a derping, and many many more.

Now don't get me wrong Halo Reach is a fantastic game but lets not kid ourselves....the game just doesn't take quite as much skill as Halo 3 did.

Thoughts?

I quoted you to get your attention. I'm about to post a link to a thread I started discussing FPS game play tactics. I don't want to steal any momentum from your discussion here so sorry if I do :)

This thread got me to thinking about the whole idea of what constitues "cheap" game play and I started this thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=118117&page=1&str=86661885# to anyone who wants to join in.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.