By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Best Selling Gran Turismo 939 37.95%

2nd Best Selling Gran Turismo 494 19.97%

3rd Best Selling Gran Turismo 389 15.72%

4th Best Selling Gran Turismo 116 4.69%

The Worst Selling Gran Turismo 536 21.67%

Total:2,474

And just to add, in another thread i predicted about 6.9 million copies lifetime, of which a guy who predicted 15.7 million copies thought MY prediction was funny.

He thinks itll sell 6.9 million copies by the end of the year (7 weeks). But that has no chance at all of happening, why would people even think that.

Now clearly everbody knows GTA4 and MW2 were vastly more anticipated games than GT5 but just going by the PS3 version that game hasnt sold 6.9 million after 128 weeks. It took Modern Warfare 2 14 weeks, so why on earth would anybody think a game that isnt half as anticipated as MW2 would sell twice as fast?

People are seriously overating this series. Need for Speed Underground 2 sold 9.7 million copies itself i know it was multi platform but its not that far off what GT4 did. I think alot of it comes down to people are in awe of GT3's sales and dont realise the game was bundled thats why they think GT5 is gonna pull something similar. When at least people should be placing numbers around GT4s level.

Around the Network
Ginyu said:

He thinks itll sell 6.9 million copies by the end of the year (7 weeks). But that has no chance at all of happening, why would people even think that.

Becasue thay have some intelligence and can interpret simple facts. 

Its getting a World Wide release a month before the holidays, GT3 and GT4 did not get a holiday release in Europe. 

7 million GT5s shippping for release week. Can you comprehand what that means ? can you ?

Less than 5 days to FAIL.

CGI-Quality said:
Ginyu said:

I read through a load of these comments and i dont get people at all.

Frieza said he predicted 6-8 million copies i think thats a good prediction to be honest im thinking around 7 myself. People have been bashing him, someone who couldnt spell said he had a mental problem (get real) , calling him a troll etc, its babyish it really is.

Hes at least tried to back up alot of his points, he mentioned how MW2 is bigger than GT5, that should be obvious to anybody but then someone came out with GT5 is just as big as MW2, no it isnt not even remotley close.

This game will not sell 15 million copies, it wont, it definitley wont. GTAIV hasnt even done that yet. And if the game does end up selling 10 million copies, Friezas prediction will be alot closer to being right than 40 percent of users here.

As its been said GT3 was bundled in USA thats why it sold over 7 million there, over double what GT did, without any word of bundles for GT5 it most likely wont be selling over 3 million in USA, like GT4. 2 million in Japan isnt happening. And in Europe it will do well 4 maybe even 5 million.

This games got alot going against it, people are just fed up with the delays now that the games becoming a joke, i saw pictures for GT5 in a PS magasine in 2006. I go to college with out of gamers, and everybody was talking about GTA4, MW2 there was about 20 of us who went to the midnight opening for Black Ops.

But nobody is talking about GT5, most people have no idea its coming out. So for people to make predictions that its going to more than double GTA4s PS3 sales and MW2s sales by a considerable amount when the game hasnt had a fraction of the hype is silly.

I dont know how people can put down Friezas prediction of 6-8 million though because that has a far better chance of happening than over 15 million which is, well impossible.

This post has just as many problems as it's trying to point out. Far too many absolutes to be realistic.

- You say GT5 reaching 15 million is impossible. It's not impossible, it just isn't likely to happen, but it CAN happen.

- You use anecdotal evidence to point out how GT5's buzz isn't  on the same level as MW2 or GTAIV (which is probably true) but not because of what you said. To say most don't know it's coming out or nobody's talking about it is your view and not much more.

- Frieza's has shown a clear pattern. No, his prediction of 6-8 million isn't terrible (though it's quite low considering Prologue and the franchise's history), but he's in and out of GT5 threads stirring up trouble and obviously (looking at his current state on the site) it's gotten enough attention to warrant disciplinary action.

Finally, I notice how some posters (yourself now included) jump on the tiny few who predicted the game to sell 15 mill or more. What about the MANY other realistic predictions of 8/9/or 10 million? Why ignore those when they are the majority?

- It is impossible if the game isnt bundled like GT4, IF its bundled even then its chances are very slim because even GT3 which was bundled big time did not hit 15 million and most, no PS3 game has come anywhere close to that kind of number.

Out of the thousands upon thousands of Playstation and Xbox games made only 1 of them has exceeded 15 million in sales (separattley) GTA San Andreas a game on a completely different level to GT5.

- There is no probably about it, you can not honestly tell me that GT5 has had as much hype as Grand Theft Auto 4 or Modern Warfare 2, because it would be a lie, the game is hyped yes, but it is nothing close to being like what a GTA or COD game is, or what Halo is in US. And alot dont know when its actually coming out, the release date was just recently announced. It was changed yet again the other day for Europe. With most games people know what day its going out months beforehand.

- I dont see how frieza was causing trouble, whereas most people were calling him a troll and an idiot he didnt really do anything like that, he said peoples predictions of over 15 million are silly, of which they really are but thats about it. 6-8 million is nothing to sniff at. Itd make it the 2nd of 3rd best selling PS3 game. PS3 software hasnt been as high as PS2's.

There were over 5 10 million sellers for PS2, the PS3 is its its 4 year and there hasnt been one. Modern Warfare 2 may not reach that number for a long time, Black Ops may not have the legs of MW2 either. Only 5 games have even topped 5 million so 8 million for GT5 would be pretty good.  

GT5 prologue sold 5 million but like frieza had said Halo 3 ODST is basically a expansion pack and thats sold about 6 million while Halo 3 itself sold less than double that amount. So why cant GT5 sell a little under double what GT5P did and sell 9 million?

- They arnt the majority look at the poll 41% think itll top 15 million, and it wont happen thats why im picking it out.

Blue3 said:

phenom08 said:

Michael-5 said:
Blue3 said:
Michael-5 said:

6 million is possible if the game gets low ratings. Unlikely, but if GT5 goes the way of GT PSP, it's very possible. Freiza also said 6-8 million, and 8 million is definatly not troll job (60% better sales then GT5P is low, but understandable). Your doing no different then Freiza, just oposite ends of the spectrum (Freiza thought 15m predictions were just utterly ridiculous).

Saying comments such as Freiza having "mental deficiency" or that my points "lack knowledge" are not funny, and if you think they are then I think you have a very sick sence of humor. Maybe even a mental deficiency yourself. You only make these types of points to discredit my arguement, and this is the type of posts that get people Frieza in a frits. Arguements are not one sided, I hope you understand that.

I never said to respect Freiza, I only said it's not entirely his fault. Freiza, and those who debated with him, resulting in his ban, should all learn to respect each others opinions. There is not correcting opinions, you may disagree, but who the heck is anyone here to tell someone that they are wrong? The game isn't out yet, no one knows exactly the outcome of the game. If they did, they would make a fortune in stocks, and I'd like to know how they could fortell the future.

Anyway it is a public forum, so do as you like, I've made my comment, and supported it. Any further debate is meaningless.

P.S. Your right, it's not grade school, but u shure doo spel leik it is.

You are right one thing, it is meaningless.  But even meaningless discussions should be expected to include intelligent thoughts cause any fool has an opinion, don't you prefer there to be intelligent opinons/guesstimates. 

p.s. debating with you sure is like grade shcool, all the paragraphs you post have little logic and little intelligent counter argument to anything.  You never actually make a rebuttal you just go of in a differant direction or cry wolf. 

Just because you disagree with Freiza's opinion, doesn't mean it's ungrounded. Just because in our debate, your unhappy with the result, doesn't mean you should resort to insult. It's these rude comments that ruin the forums..

P.S. guesstimates isn't even a word...

let it go michael, he really doesn't see how both 6 million and 15 million are unrealistic, so be it we know it won't be anywhere near 15 million, closer to 6 million though lol

1 -  a GT DEMO sold 5 million. 6m for the FIRST FULL GT release of a gen is beyond  "Special"

2 - the average sales of GT are 11.4m in case you don't know that puts 15m mathematically closer then 6M, no opinion no bias just math and facts.  

3. -  the highest selling GT is 14.7, just shy of my 15m while lowest selling one is 9.39 quite far from 6m.  So history shows Gt is capable of selling 15m, while showing a low 6m is higly unlikely.  

I see a even a little bit of intelligence is to much to ask for. 

1. A Halo EXPANSION PACK sold 6 million.

2. The average is boosted because of GT3 which sold 14.7 million copies only because it was bundled notice the 7 million US sales for GT3 compared to less than 3 million for GT4.

3. And again GT3 only sold that much because of bundles had it not been bundled like GT4, it would have sold less than 12 million.

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
Ginyu said:

Its getting a World Wide release a month before the holidays, GT3 and GT4 did not get a holiday release in Europe. 

7 million GT5s shippping for release week. Can you comprehand what that means ? can you ?

"Becasue thay have some intelligence and can interpret simple facts."

Yeah id be careful about judging anyones intelligence with the amount of spelling mistakes youve made. 

Shipped doesnt equal sold like this site loves to point out. It may be shipping 7 million copies for first week but its not selling half of that Week 1 and its not selling 7 million copies in 7 weeks if it took a game with 10x the hype 14 weeks to do it.

Ginyu said:
Blue3 said:

1 -  a GT DEMO sold 5 million. 6m for the FIRST FULL GT release of a gen is beyond  "Special"

2 - the average sales of GT are 11.4m in case you don't know that puts 15m mathematically closer then 6M, no opinion no bias just math and facts.  

3. -  the highest selling GT is 14.7, just shy of my 15m while lowest selling one is 9.39 quite far from 6m.  So history shows Gt is capable of selling 15m, while showing a low 6m is higly unlikely.  

2. The average is boosted because of GT3 which sold 14.7 million copies only because it was bundled notice the 7 million US sales for GT3 compared to less than 3 million for GT4.

3. And again GT3 only sold that much because of bundles had it not been bundled like GT4, it would have sold less than 12 million.

LOL thanks for proving me right.

1 - ODST was a true expension, GT5p is a freaking demo.  ODST is what 40 50 60% of what a full Halo game is while  GT5p is maybe 5%  of what GT5 will offer.

2 and 3  - you dont know how much it would sell with out bundels, you don't know that GT5 wont be bundled in NA.  Worthless opinions nothing more. 

CGI-Quality said:
Ginyu said:
Blue3 said:
Ginyu said:

"Becasue thay have some intelligence and can interpret simple facts."

Yeah id be careful about judging anyones intelligence with the amount of spelling mistakes youve made. 

Seems the advice applies to you as well. Bottom line, you're insulting him here as well, so neither are in the right.

Ehh i know what youre trying to do but its not really the same, i already know i didnt put the ' in there, i already said youre and didnt bother putting it in there, no need, the words are spelt correctly and understandable without it as long as the message is readable its fine and faster.

Unlike him who has mispelled simple words several times.

Though as i said i already know you were just picking so i dont need to say any of this really. 

CGI how is calling any one or their post ignorant a insult ?

Is there some special meaning on here to that word, cause from what i understand it means "Lacking knowledge or awareness in general"

I dont get why you are trying to spoon feed him ? just be brutally honest this is not kindergarden.

Blue3 said:
Ginyu said:
Blue3 said:

LOL thanks for proving me right.

1 - ODST was a true expension, GT5p is a freaking demo.  ODST is what 40 50 60% of what a full Halo game is while  GT5p is maybe 5%  of what GT5 will offer.

2 and 3  - you dont know how much it would sell with out bundels, you don't know that GT5 wont be bundled in NA.  Worthless opinions nothing more. 

However ODST came out AFTER Halo 3, whereas GT5P came out several years BEFORE GT5 when there were hardly any big names out on the console. If something like GT5P came out June 2011 and offered say 20 cars and 5 circuits it wouldnt sell 6 million like ODST.

No i dont know how much it would sell without bundles, im using common sense, GT 1 and 2 sold 4 million in US, the third was bundled and sold 7 million, if it wasnt bundled and being generous it may have sold 4 million aswell. So take 3 million off of the 14.7 million and you have 11.7 million and thats if it sold aswell without bundles, if it had sold about the same GT4 in US well then thatd be about 10.5 million.

It was just a sensible estimate, and no i obviously dont know if GT5 will be bundled but even if it was it wont be selling 15 million.