By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Best Selling Gran Turismo 939 37.95%

2nd Best Selling Gran Turismo 494 19.97%

3rd Best Selling Gran Turismo 389 15.72%

4th Best Selling Gran Turismo 116 4.69%

The Worst Selling Gran Turismo 536 21.67%

Total:2,474
Blue3 said:
Michael-5 said:

Freiza is right about 1 thing. GT5 is being released the week of Black Friday, typically a week where all games get a fairly large sales boost. So we know week 1 it will sell above 1.5 million units.

However this means nothing, you can't exactly compare GT5 week 1, or even month 1 sales to GT4 because it's being released right during the peak holiday window. It's like comparing Halo 2 to Halo 3, In the first 10 weeks Halo 2 outsold Halo 3 because of the November release date (vs september for Halo 3), however Halo 3 ended up selling 3 million more copies.

Also the ODST vs. GT5P comment was a pretty good one, except the numbers were off. (6 million vs 5, not 4).

He makes a good arguement for why GT5 will not sell 10 million units, I mean no PS3 games (nvm exclusive) has sold that well. People may say Uncharted, and God of War broke those sale ideologies (MGS4 was heavily bundled with the last backward compatible PS3), but those games are still only looking at roughly 4 million LTD sales. GT5 is of another league, it may not be as successful as prior installments, lets not forget GT for PSP.

I think both Freiza and the people who are debating with him should all calm down. Your entitled to your own opinion, lets not attack each other over it. 6-8 million is not entirely unrealistic (I'm predicting 9.3 btw).

I think all Freiza intended to do was attack the 40% of voters who beleive GT5 will outsell GT3, because....well it is a little over eggagerated. He was a bit rude, but being rude in return doesn't solve anything. I mean I see these same people attack others who predict sub-6 million, so how are you guys any different from Freiza?

Lets stop the bickering and all join in for a big hug <---I'm joking, don't touch me!!! AHHH!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

He makes no good arguments, you only say he does casue you agree atleast partly with him.  

These guys are diffderant cause they get their point across in a more respectfull manner liek adults, not tamper throwing children.  They make intelligent points that make sense, not just opnion as fact like him.  

Sub 6 million aren't predictions they are troll jobs, 6-8 million is totally unealistic to anyone with a shread of smarts.

Well he does, you just refuse to accept them because you disagree, which is fine. Just don't discredit him.

Freiza is by far not the only person on this forum that bickers about their opinion, and we are all very opinionated. Thinking GT5 won't sell above 8 million because of believeing it won't outsell GTA4 or Modern Warfare 2 is not an intelligent post? Comparing ODST sales to GT5P sales isn't either?

He was just pushing his opinion to hard, trying to force people to agree with him, that was his downfall.

6-8 million is not as unrealistic as you think, GT5 has many bad things going for it, and the normal range for a GT game that isn't heavily bundled is 9-11 million. I mean there are a lot of good things going for it, but there is nothing wrong with having a low prediction. I mean just look at how silly most people are predicting sales for this game. 41% think better then 15 million, and 14% think it will sell within a specific 300k band between second and third. Freiza at least has a somewhat reasonable belief for the game selling poorly.

Did Alan Wake not sell significantly less then most predicted it would?? hmm..... Freiza correctly predicted that game would also sell lower then predictions. Don't hate him because he doesn't view GT5 as highly as most other people here.

I'm just tired of seeing stupid debates here. He is at fault, he pressed a lot harder then he should have, but it's not as if he were unprovoked.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:

Freiza is right about 1 thing. GT5 is being released the week of Black Friday, typically a week where all games get a fairly large sales boost. So we know week 1 it will sell above 1.5 million units.

However this means nothing, you can't exactly compare GT5 week 1, or even month 1 sales to GT4 because it's being released right during the peak holiday window. It's like comparing Halo 2 to Halo 3, In the first 10 weeks Halo 2 outsold Halo 3 because of the November release date (vs september for Halo 3), however Halo 3 ended up selling 3 million more copies.

Also the ODST vs. GT5P comment was a pretty good one, except the numbers were off. (6 million vs 5, not 4).

He makes a good arguement for why GT5 will not sell 10 million units, I mean no PS3 games (nvm exclusive) has sold that well. People may say Uncharted, and God of War broke those sale ideologies (MGS4 was heavily bundled with the last backward compatible PS3), but those games are still only looking at roughly 4 million LTD sales. GT5 is of another league, it may not be as successful as prior installments, lets not forget GT for PSP.

I think both Freiza and the people who are debating with him should all calm down. Your entitled to your own opinion, lets not attack each other over it. 6-8 million is not entirely unrealistic (I'm predicting 9.3 btw).

I think all Freiza intended to do was attack the 40% of voters who beleive GT5 will outsell GT3, because....well it is a little over eggagerated. He was a bit rude, but being rude in return doesn't solve anything. I mean I see these same people attack others who predict sub-6 million, so how are you guys any different from Freiza?

Lets stop the bickering and all join in for a big hug <---I'm joking, don't touch me!!! AHHH!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, what he's trying to do is rile people up and set fires on the board. All he does all day is go into GT5 threads, any GT5 thread and semi-troll and troll for attention and heat. Seriously, check out his post history and how many threads he crashes into with the same broken record sentiments about how it will fail, no one cares, it has no "buzz" etc. I haven't seen a case of someone trying to spark a huge flame like this in here in months.

He's not speaking out towards the 40% on the poll, he is trying (and succeeding) in upsetting every GT5 fan on the site by being rude and childish. Please don't defend this kind of behavior on the forums.

Mummelmann said:
Michael-5 said:

Actually, what he's trying to do is rile people up and set fires on the board. All he does all day is go into GT5 threads, any GT5 thread and semi-troll and troll for attention and heat. Seriously, check out his post history and how many threads he crashes into with the same broken record sentiments about how it will fail, no one cares, it has no "buzz" etc. I haven't seen a case of someone trying to spark a huge flame like this in here in months.

He's not speaking out towards the 40% on the poll, he is trying (and succeeding) in upsetting every GT5 fan on the site by being rude and childish. Please don't defend this kind of behavior on the forums.

I've seen what he does, and he is banned for it. I'm only arguing that people shouldn't look down on his view, his behavior, OH MAN thats another story in itself. I did not say he wasn't at fault, but he isn't the only person at fault for the childish bickering going on around here.

I think one of the big reasons he was trolling though because every time he says his less optimistic view about GT5, people whale on him like no tomorrow. He wants to prove his opinions validity, and to be taken seriously. if people just respected each others opinions, none of this silly stuff would happen.

It's good that we have people with less optimistic opinions on VGChartz, some people just have to accept others have a different view. Arguements are never one persons fault.

That said, that was beyond the scope this post was intended on. I was only singling out a few good points he made.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

his 6-8 million prediction is definitely more realistic than 15 million lol

Michael-5 said:
Blue3 said:
Michael-5 said:

He makes no good arguments, you only say he does casue you agree atleast partly with him.  

These guys are diffderant cause they get their point across in a more respectfull manner liek adults, not tamper throwing children.  They make intelligent points that make sense, not just opnion as fact like him.  

Sub 6 million aren't predictions they are troll jobs, 6-8 million is totally unealistic to anyone with a shread of smarts.

Well he does, you just refuse to accept them because you disagree, which is fine. Just don't discredit him.

Freiza is by far not the only person on this forum that bickers about their opinion, and we are all very opinionated. Thinking GT5 won't sell above 8 million because of believeing it won't outsell GTA4 or Modern Warfare 2 is not an intelligent post? Comparing ODST sales to GT5P sales isn't either?

He was just pushing his opinion to hard, trying to force people to agree with him, that was his downfall.

6-8 million is not as unrealistic as you think, GT5 has many bad things going for it, and the normal range for a GT game that isn't heavily bundled is 9-11 million. I mean there are a lot of good things going for it, but there is nothing wrong with having a low prediction. I mean just look at how silly most people are predicting sales for this game. 41% think better then 15 million, and 14% think it will sell within a specific 300k band between second and third. Freiza at least has a somewhat reasonable belief for the game selling poorly.

Did Alan Wake not sell significantly less then most predicted it would?? hmm..... Freiza correctly predicted that game would also sell lower then predictions. Don't hate him because he doesn't view GT5 as highly as most other people here.

I'm just tired of seeing stupid debates here. He is at fault, he pressed a lot harder then he should have, but it's not as if he were unprovoked.

No he does not, his  views just come closer to yours then the 15m people so you naturally agree with him more.  Its basic human psychology you back and defend those you agree with more no matter how nutty or not they may be, you clearly have a pro bias to those that are on the low end of GT5 sales.  Its ok dude.  

No problem with people arguing when they use facts and intelligence to back up their opinion. His way is not inteligent, i cant say yours is all to great either.  

For the MW2 or GTA4 arguemnt to be intlligent it would have to factor in that they multi platform games while one is a exclusives and factor in their combimed sales on 360/PS3.  For example GTA4 did X numbers on a combined PS3/360 user base of 60 whateber so yadi yadi GT5 will do X number - 1m of that given PS3 will be at 60 million in two years yadi yadi yada and GTA4 or whatever did X on both on a x user base so GT5 sales will be X.

See the differance ? crying GT wont sale X cause multi plats faield to do it on one damn console and cherr picking the lower selling game is pretty ignorant to me.

Also why use multi plat sales from the PS3 ? Clearly PS3 suer base is not and never was shooter crazy liek Xnation ? Why not say well MW2 did 12 on 360s 45 user base so its ONLY damn likely GT5 will do as well if not batter.

And if you are a anti GT5 liek you are lets be honest, well use MW2 did 12 on 360 and 9 on PS3 so medium 10.5 million and there GT5 is liely to do around 10.5

See in a intelligent manner i just showed GT5 will could/should do as well as all the other GTs, 10 million ish sales.   Pretty easy fact and numbers based and it shows what we all know, GT does 10 million and guess what history proves this right.  

41% think better then 15 million, and 14% think it will sell within a specific 300k band between second and third. Freiza at least has a somewhat reasonable belief for the game selling poorly."

In no was is his low sales prediction somewhat resonable, GT5p proves its nothing but a troll job.

15million predictions are not silly, you just lack the ability to understand their reasoning for it.

If youd liek i can back 15m prediction with a intelligent facts based logical manner.  

Around the Network

@ Blue3

I would love to see your reasoning for that. What exactly is logical about predicting 15 million for GT5 which we all know isn't gonna happen but whatever. I'm sick of people using multiplat as an excuse for why their favorite game gets outsold by call of duty and grand theft auto. News flash Mario Kart and Wiifit both bested MW2 and GTA4 so stop with the excuses and except their just more popular, it really isn't that big of a deal.

phenom08 said:

@ Blue3

I would love to see your reasoning for that. What exactly is logical about predicting 15 million for GT5 which we all know isn't gonna happen but whatever. I'm sick of people using multiplat as an excuse for why their favorite game gets outsold by call of duty and grand theft auto. News flash Mario Kart and Wiifit both bested MW2 and GTA4 so stop with the excuses and except their just more popular, it really isn't that big of a deal.

Oh im sure you know that, just like we all knew no shooter would out sale Halo on 360

And you will see it, after my movie is done. 

Blue3 said:
phenom08 said:

@ Blue3

Oh im sure you know that, just like we all knew no shooter would out sale Halo on 360

Which only proves to me both Microsoft and Sony aren't capable of beating Call of Duty on their own platforms.

Blue3 said:
Michael-5 said:

No he does not, his  views just come closer to yours then the 15m people so you naturally agree with him more.  Its basic human psychology you back and defend those you agree with more no matter how nutty or not they may be, you clearly have a pro bias to those that are on the low end of GT5 sales.  Its ok dude.  

No problem with people arguing when they use facts and intelligence to back up their opinion. His way is not inteligent, i cant say yours is all to great either.  

For the MW2 or GTA4 arguemnt to be intlligent it would have to factor in that they multi platform games while one is a exclusives and factor in their combimed sales on 360/PS3.  For example GTA4 did X numbers on a combined PS3/360 user base of 60 whateber so yadi yadi GT5 will do X number - 1m of that given PS3 will be at 60 million in two years yadi yadi yada and GTA4 or whatever did X on both on a x user base so GT5 sales will be X.

See the differance ? crying GT wont sale X cause multi plats faield to do it on one damn console and cherr picking the lower selling game is pretty ignorant to me.

Also why use multi plat sales from the PS3 ? Clearly PS3 suer base is not and never was shooter crazy liek Xnation ? Why not say well MW2 did 12 on 360s 45 user base so its ONLY damn likely GT5 will do as well if not batter.

And if you are a anti GT5 liek you are lets be honest, well use MW2 did 12 on 360 and 9 on PS3 so medium 10.5 million and there GT5 is liely to do around 10.5

See in a intelligent manner i just showed GT5 will could/should do as well as all the other GTs, 10 million ish sales.   Pretty easy fact and numbers based and it shows what we all know, GT does 10 million and guess what history proves this right.  

41% think better then 15 million, and 14% think it will sell within a specific 300k band between second and third. Freiza at least has a somewhat reasonable belief for the game selling poorly."

In no was is his low sales prediction somewhat resonable, GT5p proves its nothing but a troll job.

15million predictions are not silly, you just lack the ability to understand their reasoning for it.

If youd liek i can back 15m prediction with a intelligent facts based logical manner.  

Wow, see I really don't care to get into this debate, but when your view Freiza's prediction as "nutty" what do you expect him to do? This type of rude behavior is what gets people like Freiza in a fritz...

You also immediatly insult me, without any real grounds...."My points not being intelligent"

For GTA4 and MW2, they are multiplatform titles, but how many people have bot ha 360/PS3? If those games went exclusive do you really think the game would sell in total the same volume? Games go multiplatform for a reason, to generate more sales.

You mention the PS3 userbase not being shooter crazy, but what indication is there that it will be Racing game crazy? After GT5P the best selling racer is Motorstorm which sold 3.52 million units, and after that it's NFS: Shift which sold 2.19 million units. If you look at the top 10 best selling PS3 games, 5 of them are shooters, 2 action adventure, 1 sandbox (which still has lots of shooting), 1 RPG, 1 Raccing game.

Look I'm not here to debate GT5's sales, I hold an intermediate view between most people (Average prediction on the sales prediction thread is 9.34 million, I voted 9.3 million). I only wanted to say that Freiza's opinion is not necessarily false just because a lot of loyal PS3 fans on this website want to beleive it is. His predictions seem unlikely to most of us here, but he is entitled to his own opinion, and both Freiza and those who have debated with him in this thread should really calm down and learn to respect the opinions of others. Otherwise your just being foolish.

I'm anti GT5? Why do you want to illustrate me as the enemy?

I never said 15 million isn't possible, but how can you say 6-8 million is "troll job" and then back up 15 million being that much more reasonable? Don't you see, you have a very optimistic opinion about GT5 (which isn't bad), and as soon as someone here disagree's with you, you take them as an enemy. You like Freiza are still standing up for your opinion, which is great, but don't do it with insults and a general lack of respect for others. OTherwise how are you any different from him?

Also 14% of people beleive it will fall between the small 300k band between GT1 and GT4, but only 4% of people beleive GT5 will sell between the slightly lower, but substantially larger 1.2 million gap between GT4 and GT2. This is incredibly unusual since the average prediction of this website is 9.34 million, which is actually just below GT2 sales. Do you not think many voters just came in here and voted a random position they feel GT5 deserves to sell without checking the past sales history of the game? No, is this not a reasonable comment to make?

I don't care if you think GT5 is going to sell 30 million units (except thats trolling, so moderators will if you pushed it), I was only bringing up the point that people should be so rude to each other, and learn to respect each others opinions. Judging on how you immediatly insult me, and take me as an enemy, I think you definatly need a lesson in this. You, Freiza, and several others in this forum.

How the heck can you expect to make fluffy kids toys when there is blood on the cotton threading?

phenom08 said:
Blue3 said:
phenom08 said:

@ Blue3

Which only proves to me both Microsoft and Sony aren't capable of beating Call of Duty on their own platforms.

lol..Nice.