By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Best Selling Gran Turismo 939 37.95%

2nd Best Selling Gran Turismo 494 19.97%

3rd Best Selling Gran Turismo 389 15.72%

4th Best Selling Gran Turismo 116 4.69%

The Worst Selling Gran Turismo 536 21.67%

Total:2,474

I will say this now before people claim im making excuses, because its being released on Black Friday it will open to quite abit more than i would have predicted before hand, 2 million should happen, though thats probably obvious and i dont need to say this anyway.

Its really after Black Friday is how we'll know if it disappointed.

GT5s performance is Win Win for me anyway, if it fails to meet expectations i can come here and laugh, immature maybe but i will because of the time i spent talking about it, im sure get banned thats how this site is. But with people pitting such high hopes on it to see it fail would be funny to me.

However if it does do aswell as people believe here thats also good because finally PS3 has something that can rival Xbox 360s exclusives. The PS3s top 3 biggest games are all bigger games on the Xbox 360, its biggest exlusive MGS4 hasnt sold half what Halo 3 is, so if GT5 was to sell like Halo 3 thatd be good aswell.

Im still thinking itll sell about 6-8 million copies, its not selling 3 million in US, 2 million in Japan or 5 million in EMEAA so its not going to sell 10 million copies, and under no circumstances will it surpass GT3 itll be closer to selling half as many as GT3 than selling more than GT3.

Around the Network

It will sell 4-5 million ww......Its not a bad thing, but way under people's expectation

pezus said:
Frieza said:
pizzahut451 said:
Frieza said:
pizzahut451 said:
Frieza said:

The odds of it doing under 7 million are 10x greater than it doing over 15 million.

The odds of doing over 7 million are 1000000x times greater than doing under 7 million

Yeah because so many games passed 7 million on PS3, oh wait theres just the measly one. The most anticipated game of all time GTA4 after 2 and a half years hasnt done it aswell as the other thousands, even on Xbox only 4 games have sold over that a GTA, a Halo and a COD game all more popular than a GT game.

But thats not what i said anyway because there is a chance it can sell under 7 million copies, the game may not be recieved all that well like GT PSP which everyone thought would do well. However it is impossible for it to pass 15 million.

Yeah, because every game on PS3 is big like Gran Turismo franchise. And you really must be living in clouds when you think that Halo is more popular than Gran Turismo

Halo 3 has sold 11.2 million copies more than 3 of the 4 Gran Turismo games and GT3 only sold 14 million because it was heavily bundled in US (though Halo 3's US sales still beat it) if it wasnt Halo 3 would have surpassed that in sales aswell easily.

Halo Reach just sold 4 million week 1, theres no way Gran Turismo 5 is doing that. Halo Reach will outsell GT5.

Halo 2 sold 8.4 million copies excluding PC on Xbox, GT4 sold 10.6 million copies on PS2 which had 3x the userbase, if Halo 2 was available to as many people as GT4 was its have easily have outsold it.

People brag about GT Prologue selling 4 million copies the crappy Halo ODST "expansion pack" has nearly sold 6 million copies. If Halo was as popular in Europe as US its be doubling GTs sales.

If GT was as popular in the US as it's in Europe it'd be doubling Halo's sales.

...see what I did there?

GT4 sold 2.8 million in US, 6.5 million in Europe. If GT had also sold 6.5 million in US itd have sold 14 million only about 25% more than Halo 3 which still has less than half the userbase of the PS2.

pezus said:
Frieza said:

I will say this now before people claim im making excuses, because its being released on Black Friday it will open to quite abit more than i would have predicted before hand, 2 million should happen, though thats probably obvious and i dont need to say this anyway.

Its really after Black Friday is how we'll know if it disappointed.

GT5s performance is Win Win for me anyway, if it fails to meet expectations i can come here and laugh, immature maybe but i will because of the time i spent talking about it, im sure get banned thats how this site is. But with people pitting such high hopes on it to see it fail would be funny to me.

However if it does do aswell as people believe here thats also good because finally PS3 has something that can rival Xbox 360s exclusives. The PS3s top 3 biggest games are all bigger games on the Xbox 360, its biggest exlusive MGS4 hasnt sold half what Halo 3 is, so if GT5 was to sell like Halo 3 thatd be good aswell.

Im still thinking itll sell about 6-8 million copies, its not selling 3 million in US, 2 million in Japan or 5 million in EMEAA so its not going to sell 10 million copies, and under no circumstances will it surpass GT3 itll be closer to selling half as many as GT3 than selling more than GT3.

You keep upping your numbers.

Dont lie, my comment yesterday was

"People should be realistic and hope for 6-8 million", its the exact same.

pezus said:
Frieza said:
pezus said:
Frieza said:
pizzahut451 said:
Frieza said:
pizzahut451 said:
Frieza said:

The odds of it doing under 7 million are 10x greater than it doing over 15 million.

The odds of doing over 7 million are 1000000x times greater than doing under 7 million

Yeah because so many games passed 7 million on PS3, oh wait theres just the measly one. The most anticipated game of all time GTA4 after 2 and a half years hasnt done it aswell as the other thousands, even on Xbox only 4 games have sold over that a GTA, a Halo and a COD game all more popular than a GT game.

But thats not what i said anyway because there is a chance it can sell under 7 million copies, the game may not be recieved all that well like GT PSP which everyone thought would do well. However it is impossible for it to pass 15 million.

Yeah, because every game on PS3 is big like Gran Turismo franchise. And you really must be living in clouds when you think that Halo is more popular than Gran Turismo

Halo 3 has sold 11.2 million copies more than 3 of the 4 Gran Turismo games and GT3 only sold 14 million because it was heavily bundled in US (though Halo 3's US sales still beat it) if it wasnt Halo 3 would have surpassed that in sales aswell easily.

Halo Reach just sold 4 million week 1, theres no way Gran Turismo 5 is doing that. Halo Reach will outsell GT5.

Halo 2 sold 8.4 million copies excluding PC on Xbox, GT4 sold 10.6 million copies on PS2 which had 3x the userbase, if Halo 2 was available to as many people as GT4 was its have easily have outsold it.

People brag about GT Prologue selling 4 million copies the crappy Halo ODST "expansion pack" has nearly sold 6 million copies. If Halo was as popular in Europe as US its be doubling GTs sales.

If GT was as popular in the US as it's in Europe it'd be doubling Halo's sales.

...see what I did there?

GT4 sold 2.8 million in US, 6.5 million in Europe. If GT had also sold 6.5 million in US itd have sold 14 million only about 25% more than Halo 3 which still has less than half the userbase of the PS2.

You forget the numbers from Japan...

And Halo 3 has sold 8.08 million in the Americas. So: 8.08*2 0.13(Japan) = 16.29 million or about 46% more than GT4 or 9% more than GT3. To me, that doesn't look like 'double' at all!

16.29 is 54% more than 10.57 not 46%, and that 54% more is alot more than 25% more. GT3 was bundled thats why it sold 7.1 million in US while GT4 only sold 2.8 million in US.

lol and thats another thing Need for Speed Undercover actually sold more in US than GT4 did.

Around the Network

Well i wasnt trying to be exact, if it was GT2 itd be over 75% bigger so its not that far away from double.

But they were only Xbox games, it was a small userbase compared to the PS1/2.

GT3 was B.U.N.D.L.E.D thats why it sold like it did if it hadnt it probably would have sold the same as GT4, things like Motorstorm and Resistance are gonna sell much better than their sequels, they were launch titles and there was hardly anything out worth getting for the PS3 for months thats why they sold well. Same goes for Halo 1 however sales increased for its sequel unlike Resistance 2.

MGS4 was also bundled, its sold 5 million, MGS3 sold 4 million it also has subsistence which sold 0.5 million so its not miles behind. And MGS3 came out the same time as GTA San Andreas and Halo 2 which is why it didnt sell as well as MGS2.

It doesnt always matter but theyve sold like 4x as many PS2s as Xbox.

Halo 3 was barely bundled at all unlike GT3.

Halo 2 coming out took away attention from MGS3, all you heard about that month was Halo 2, MGS3 was just in the shadows, it didnt have the attention of the previous games.

Again MGS4 had the bundle thats why it did better than normal, it was also the first big name PS3 exclusive to come out and only the second big name game to come out thats why it sold so well, due to lack of competition from the PS3 libary.

Its not that MGS4s sales were surprisingly good its just that MGS3's were a disappointment.

LOL @ the excuses and GT5 hasn't even released!!

God VGC is gonna crash with all the crow serving come GT5 release day.