By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1,5 M Move Controllers sold in Europe? 0o

The Sole 24 Ore newspaper (the leading business newspaper in Italy) says that 1.5 million units were sold (not shipped). However it could be a misinterpretation of Andrew House's words. The article says that the sold/shipped ratio is 60% in Italy, with 60000 units sold so far.

Reference: http://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/tecnologie/2010-10-15/playstation-move-vola-mercato-063956_PRN.shtml (in italian)

Quote: "ha venduto più di 1,5 milioni di pezzi. Sessantamila solo in Italia, in pratica il 60% dell'offerta nei negozi."  -> "[Move] sold more than 1.5 million units. 60000 [units] were sold in Italy, that is 60% of the shipped units."

Around the Network

lol even if we use the 60% of 1.5m moves calcualtions as a whole you still get 900k

CGI-Quality said:
makingmusic476 said:

Also, from the initial Bloomberg interview, it seems they've underestimated demand, and may have to ramp up production (which basically means shipped = sold in this case, or at least will be sold soon):

“The initial sales response has been so far in excess of our initial plan that we’ll probably be looking at accelerating production.”

And as I pointed out in the other thread, it seems Sports Champions may not be a good way to gauge total Move sales, particularly in Europe.  Chart-Track Spain has been tracking the Move Starter Pack alongside all other software, and they have the Starter Pack at 2nd overall for the month of Septemvber, while Sports Champions only managed 10th.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23839040&postcount=48

Seems people are STILL ignoring this. Looks like another "flop" that proved many wrong.

Makes you wonder though, what ARE people buying with Move then? Start the Party, games with added Move support, just trying out some demo's?

WOW 1.5 M. I would like to know how many have been sold.

Nah it cant have sold that much....could it? o.O

Around the Network

wow!!! slow burner my ass!!! lol

I got a move with sports champions but I mostly been trying out older games with move support. I actually re-brought Mag today for that very reason. Had to grab a nav controller though.

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

Fame_Mcswagg said:

I got a move with sports champions but I mostly been trying out older games with move support. I actually re-brought Mag today for that very reason. Had to grab a nav controller though.

So how is it? I've been thinkg about MAG once again, my brother had it but sold 2 or 3 months ago. Is it worth?

OT: Gotta say, 1.5 million shipped is fantastic.

Although only peripherally important, this is extremely good for Sony's wallet. I can hardly wait to see their quarterly earnings.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

RafaelOrix said:
Fame_Mcswagg said:

So how is it? I've been thinkg about MAG once again, my brother had it but sold 2 or 3 months ago. Is it worth?

OT: Gotta say, 1.5 million shipped is fantastic.

Ill put a post up a little later to let anyone who is interested know, There is a huge update on Mag, which is downloading now.

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.