By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1,5 M Move Controllers sold in Europe? 0o

Baalzamon said:

I never even close to expected this...so we all know Kinect is going to be big in the US, but will this possibly mean worldwide, these two will actually compete side to side?

ummmm..... maybe? imo both should fail.

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Euphoria14 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

1. Shipped

2. This most likely counts 2nd and 3rd (4th?) controller purchases seperate. VGChartz is trying to estimate the number of unique users.

Either way they're making a lot of money on this.

This is the main point everyone should focus on tbh

No.

The main point we should focus on is whether or not it gets plenty of developer support. Sales do not help any of us here unless we own SONY shares.

Well if they are making a lot of money, 1st party devs AND other devs will support it. Like how PS3 is getting a lot more support now as the sales increased

They won't support it just because SONY is making money. They are probably watching the sales of Move compatible titles, not Move peripheral sales.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Euphoria14 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

1. Shipped

2. This most likely counts 2nd and 3rd (4th?) controller purchases seperate. VGChartz is trying to estimate the number of unique users.

No.

The main point we should focus on is whether or not it gets plenty of developer support. Sales do not help any of us here unless we own SONY shares.

Well if they are making a lot of money, 1st party devs AND other devs will support it. Like how PS3 is getting a lot more support now as the sales increased

They won't support it just because SONY is making money. They are probably watching the sales of Move compatible titles, not Move peripheral sales.

I'm thinking they will follow both tbh

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

The problem with VGChartz' way of estimating the PS Move user base is that it doesn't take into account the many players that had a PSEye years before the Move controller got released.

I'm as much a new PS Move user as someone who bought a Move bundle, yet all I needed to get was the stand alone motion controller.  VGChartz doesn't track such users.  I know I'm not the only one in that scenario, so the VGChartz way of estimating the PS Move user base is open to major error margins as to make a more decent estimate, we would have to make a direct correlation between the amount of stand alone PS Eye camera sold since it came out with the amount of stand alone Motion Controllers sold to date.  This is just not possible.  There is just no way to determine the amount of such controllers being sold to people who already owned a PSEye beforehand.

Hynad said:

The problem with VGChartz' way of estimating the PS Move user base is that it doesn't take into account the many players that had a PSEye years before the Move controller got released.

I'm as much a new PS Move user as someone who bought a Move bundle, yet all I needed to get was the stand alone motion controller.  VGChartz doesn't track such users.  I know I'm not the only one in that scenario, so the VGChartz way of estimating the PS Move user base is open to major error margins.

I believe they estimate that 25% of the "unique userbase" are previous Eye owners, but to be honest there is no possible way of knowing that. This is why I do not like to follow VGC Move numbers. 

There is no way at all to know what the actual install base is. 

It could be lower, but it could also be much much higher.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Hynad said:

I'm as much a new PS Move user as someone who bought a Move bundle, yet all I needed to get was the stand alone motion controller.  VGChartz doesn't track such users.  I know I'm not the only one in that scenario, so the VGChartz way of estimating the PS Move user base is open to major error margins.

I believe they estimate that 25% of the "unique userbase" are previous Eye owners, but to be honest there is no possible way of knowing that. This is why I do not like to follow VGC Move numbers. 

There is no way at all to know what the actual install base is. 

It could be lower, but it could also be much much higher.

I don't understand why they think it should be the way to go: Calculating the user base.  As far as we know, this site is about sales, not user base.  Otherwise, they would correct the numbers for many consoles.  Especially the DS's and 360's.  As those 2 consoles are known to have been bought multiple times by a single user.  Of course, that would be painful.  So again, I think VGChartz should just drop the estimation altogether and just report the data released by Sony, or just count the actual sale of the many PS Move compenents (Bundles and stand alone controllers).

Also, from the initial Bloomberg interview, it seems they've underestimated demand, and may have to ramp up production (which basically means shipped = sold in this case, or at least will be sold soon):

“The initial sales response has been so far in excess of our initial plan that we’ll probably be looking at accelerating production.”

And as I pointed out in the other thread, it seems Sports Champions may not be a good way to gauge total Move sales, particularly in Europe.  Chart-Track Spain has been tracking the Move Starter Pack alongside all other software, and they have the Starter Pack at 2nd overall for the month of Septemvber, while Sports Champions only managed 10th.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23839040&postcount=48

Euphoria14 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

1. Shipped

No.

In the words of the foo fighters "There goes my hero"

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

And there's some stores citing they are out of stock.

http://translate.google.de/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://playfront.de/playstation-move-sturmt-die-bestseller-charts-starter-kit-bereits-ausverkauft/

I swear I also saw one from UK. I'll find it

Some poster here also said that it's also out stock in their area.

The issue is what will sales be like in 6 months to a year -- after all the early adopters grab their units.

Also, unique users is important because it provides an idea as to how many people are going to be looking for software. That will be important to publishers.  This site does not track controller sales ... and each unit is actually more like a controller individually.

Finally, I believe the Examiner is a local blog/content site -- not really a real news site. This means that sometimes you have to take what it says with a grain of salt.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV