By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD to STOP reporting monthly hardware sales (Starting right NOW) :(

nordlead said:
Khuutra said:

Holy freaking Hell, they're getting rid of numbers altogether in their quarterly public reports?

Oh God

Oh God what if NeoGAF sales-age starts using VGChartz

They pulled this stunt once before and NeoGAF didn't start using VGChartz. Granted, NPD rescinded on their statement pretty quickly.

Right. What I'm saying is that if they follow through on this...

Around the Network

No way. I finally have my account back, and exactly on this day..what a coincedence.

On topic : Numbers will get leaked anyway, trust me. Either through Neogaf or through other sources.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

yay sony's ass saved this holiday

Khuutra said:
nordlead said:
Khuutra said:

Holy freaking Hell, they're getting rid of numbers altogether in their quarterly public reports?

Oh God

They pulled this stunt once before and NeoGAF didn't start using VGChartz. Granted, NPD rescinded on their statement pretty quickly.

If NPD never reports numbers again and they come down hard (legally) on people who post leaked numbers, then I say it will take at least 1 year before NeoGAF (as a website) starts using VGChartz. They (the staff and prominent members) pretty much thinnk we are the worst thing to ever exist in the world. It would take a long time before they became desperate enough to reconsider what actually happens over here with the numbers.

However, there are plenty of NeoGAF members who frequent here, so I really don't anticipate any changes in the short term.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
Khuutra said:

If NPD never reports numbers again and they come down hard (legally) on people who post leaked numbers, then I say it will take at least 1 year before NeoGAF (as a website) starts using VGChartz. They (the staff and prominent members) pretty much thinnk we are the worst thing to ever exist in the world. It would take a long time before they became desperate enough to reconsider what actually happens over here with the numbers.

However, there are plenty of NeoGAF members who frequent here, so I really don't anticipate any changes in the short term.

Ah. Well, you know more than I do, in any case.

Maybe we'll see an uptick in memberships...

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
nordlead said:
Khuutra said:

Oh God

I don't think NeoGaf will ever allow the use of VGChartz unless the staff is completely changed.  I agree that most of the people that frequent the site are reasonable but I don't find the staff nearly as reasonable.

nordlead said:
Khuutra said:
nordlead said:
Khuutra said:

Oh God

woah 0_0 y is that?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Torillian said:
Khuutra said:

I don't think NeoGaf will ever allow the use of VGChartz unless the staff is completely changed.  I agree that most of the people that frequent the site are reasonable but I don't find the staff nearly as reasonable.

Admittedly I don't know much about the staff; I take it that they're more dogmatic in rejecting Brett's numbers.

Khuutra said:

As I understand it NPD actually gives a watered down report to Neogaf with just the kind of numbers they like to go nuts with. The reason for this is because the full monthly data kept getting published and NPD couldn't find and plug the leak. Given that bit of history I'd say Neogaf will just move forward with full leaks of the info and call it a day.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Waiting on the official statement from the Vgchartz man in charge.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.