By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Medal of Honor get a 6!

zgamer5 said:
Doobie_wop said:

I read the IGN review and had they taken away the title, I would have thought it was the review for Modern Warfare 2. Outside of the technical issues, it sounds like COD, except the MOH campaign is actually longer and seems pretty decent. I'm a huge Call of Duty fan and COD7 is already set and paid for, but even I can admit that some reviewers give the franchise far to much credit.

The Now Gamer reviews are written by two different people, that's why they have two different scores, one for the PS3 and one for the 360.

The game has also been getting 8's from every other site, it's far from being shit.

your a cod fan?

*shakes head and cries*

Sadly, CoD has been a much better game than Battlefield Bad Company 2 and now Medal of Honor.  Like others have said, the game mechanics for multiplayer are all messed up, weapon damage is no where near accurate, lack of variety, kill streak perks that encourage camping and boosting even more than in CoD.

BC2 was ok but it was all a vehicle camp fest and again had the terrible weapon damage issues and lots of lag spikes.

Around the Network
mchaza said:

thank you eb games, if i dont like it within 7 days trade it back and et my money back

if that happens umm what to get?

AC brother hoods?

Black ops? despite i was extremely disappointed in MW2

all the games i want come out next year sadly :( 

You do realize that trade it back deal is only for used games, right?

nightsurge said:
zgamer5 said:
Doobie_wop said:

I read the IGN review and had they taken away the title, I would have thought it was the review for Modern Warfare 2. Outside of the technical issues, it sounds like COD, except the MOH campaign is actually longer and seems pretty decent. I'm a huge Call of Duty fan and COD7 is already set and paid for, but even I can admit that some reviewers give the franchise far to much credit.

The Now Gamer reviews are written by two different people, that's why they have two different scores, one for the PS3 and one for the 360.

The game has also been getting 8's from every other site, it's far from being shit.

your a cod fan?

*shakes head and cries*

Sadly, CoD has been a much better game than Battlefield Bad Company 2 and

up, weapon damage is no where near accurate, lack of variety, kill streak perks that encourage camping and boosting even more than in CoD.

BC2 was ok but it was all a vehicle camp fest and again had the terrible weapon damage issues and lots of lag spikes.

i didnt play much of bc, but i love its sounds and the reciol and in the guns.

moh is like that because ea wants to please the market, all franchises are going mainstream even kz3, this pisses me off, what also pisses me off is that cod is highely acclaimed while its an average game, it might have lots of content but the base of the game is terrible.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

How could they release a game with a spelling mistake in the UK? I though there were English (English) translators?

tuscaniman said:
Joelcool7 said:

I just bought the game and I love it, way better then CoD:MW2 with the exception of local multiplayer. Graphically the game looks better then CodMW2 as well. I don't know where you get off criticizing it so much considering you only played the Beta.

It was a great game worthy of a 8 out of ten easily. The only thing is they dropped local multiplayer.

Also what the heck Treyarch suck at making CoD games WaW wat easily the worst CoD game I've ever played and CoD3 dissapointed me after 1 and 2.

Don't buy Black Ops untill you've played it, Treyarch sucks. Leave CoD to Infinity Ward!

Nice contradiction in your two statements there. Your first sentence says MOH is way better than MW2, but then your final sentence says to leave COD to Infinity Ward. Which one is it? I have a feeling you don't have much experience when it comes to shooters so maybe MOH is looking for audiences like you. Ignorant to the shooter genre. Everyone else who wants a good experience would be wise to stay away from it. Its not just IGN giving it bad reviews. Its almost every big gaming site on the web.

Yah because in the first part of the statement I was comparing MoH to CoD. In the second statement I was challenging your call for consumers to pick up Black Ops. I was saying Black Ops will not be nearly as good as MW2 was and their for will be an inferior product. Since I think MoH is better the MW2 except for lack of local multiplayer that means by default it will probubly be superior to Black Ops.

Wow thats low. I don't have experiance with shooters, lol I started playing shooters based in the StarWars universe on my Amiga. Later on I played Duke Nukem Doom and all the other titles like Turok (PC origionals). I played Unreal and GoldenEye when they came out and have been playing shooters steadily since. I've played every CoD game to date even Finest Hour and Big Red One. I've played them all and loved all of the ones by Infinity Ward but didn't care to much for Treyarch's or Spark's.

Since when do critics know best? I've seen bad reviews for good games many times in the past. You need to play the game yourself and then decide, especially when even here on VGChartz you have gamers who loved it and gamers who didn't. When theirs a mix like that you can't only listen to IGN.

The down sides to MoH are lack of customization to load outs and a lack of offline multiplayer. But the load outs aren't much of an issue my real issue with the game is lack of offline mutliplayer, it would have also been nice to have co-op gameplay but MW2 didn't have co-op campaign so I don't hold it against MoH!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

The OP needs to calm down. I have the game and it is'nt all that bad. Just having MOH:frontline made the game worth getting to me. I've only played one level in the single player mode and I like the setting of it. Who cares if it's whack a mole type game play,would'nt it be that way in real urban combat. Enemies poping up out of no were. I agree with the Op in the multiplayer aspect of it. A couple of hits,then your dead. It should'nt be that way in multiplayer,which makes it harder to get points,which you need to get awarded with support actions/kill streak perks. The maps are small and weirdly designed,almost oval shape in some maps. So,yes the game is'nt top of the line,but it is'nt complete garbage in my opinion.