By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Medal of Honor get a 6!

I was probably only going to rent it anyway, but last week's PC 'beta' reinforced that stance.

The two maps they had along with the gameplay made the game feel like Call of Duty meets Battlefield and it didn't do a great job in either. The map that takes place in the snow covered mountain has one team pushing from one objective to the next like Bad Company. Unlike the Battlefield series, however, the map is much smaller and doesn't offer a whole lot of space to manuver making horrible choke points when you factor in how quickly you die under fire. I don't know if it was tweaked in the final vresion, but the spawn points in that map were horrible in that you could spawn in your 'base' and only be a stones throw away from the battlefield allowing somebody to snipe you a moment after you respawn.

I hope that DICE doesn't mess up Battlefield 3. . .

Around the Network

...random crisits in every site...

I won't buy it anyway.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
zgamer5 said:
tuscaniman said:
zgamer5 said:
d21lewis said:
huaxiong90 said:
d21lewis said:
darthdevidem01 said:
d21lewis said:

Lots of people on my job can't decide between this game and CoD Black Ops.  I think I'll make their decision a lot easier by showing them this review.

Yeah do that, then show them a FFXIV review in disguise as the COD : Black Ops review

Then show them a Halo Reac Review in disguise as a GT5 Review and force them to buy GT5!

That'll mean we'll get to 10 Million for sure!!!!!!!!!

Did I forget to mention that all of the guys I work with carry at least two guns at all times?  I don't wanna piss them off!

Don't you have one yourself? Maybe it's time you take a hint from Revolver Ocelot's gunslinging skills.

After training two weeks ago, I'd be better off throwing a bullet than trying to shoot somebody!  I sucked!

black ops must fail. let them get reach or wait for kz3, its much easier.

Why is everyone so against Black Ops? It looks like a good game where Treyarch actually listened to the community and is planning on fixing the problems MW2 had. Removing Tac Insert from FFA and eliminating quick scoping already make this game leagues ahead of MW2.

they fixed small problems mw2 had. they must fix first the bigges problem, mainly the gameplay, its unbalanced, theirs barely any reciol, the sound is terrible, the camping, the weirdness of the game(kamikazi car), i dont mind kill streaks but the level of stupidity of some is sad, the equipment(their is a god damn camera), and the maps. if they fix that then il stop bashing it.

Its meant to be a fun arcade type war shooter. All those things you mentioned make COD what it is today. Now if you want the more realistic type war shooter the battlefield series is the place to go. COD has changed drastically from what it once was with COD 2, but I like how it turned out and most importantly it is fun to me. Only problems I had with MW2 were the boosting, glitching, and to a lesser form quick scoping. Camping is going to happen in any game and although it can be annoying it can be dealt with. And if you want some recoil then use the F2000 AR on MW2. I sometimes use the harder to aim weapons just to add some fun and difficulty to the game.

arcane_chaos said:
tuscaniman said:
arcane_chaos said:
tuscaniman said:
arcane_chaos said:

ouch...had high hopes for this game...but I'll still probably get it...I bought quantum theory...lol, can't be worst than that.

Quantum Theory??!! I assume you don't own a 360?

I do(just look at my sig)

Then why did you buy that when you could just play Gears?

well  I just bought it for the hell of it(I own gears 1&2) this and vanquish will hold me off until gears 3!!! lol

Yeah I can understand that. I just can't quite get myself to playing those games because Gears does it so damn well it spoiled me. I'll just wait for the public beta which should be out early 2011.

IllegalPaladin said:

I was probably only going to rent it anyway, but last week's PC 'beta' reinforced that stance.

The two maps they had along with the gameplay made the game feel like Call of Duty meets Battlefield and it didn't do a great job in either. The map that takes place in the snow covered mountain has one team pushing from one objective to the next like Bad Company. Unlike the Battlefield series, however, the map is much smaller and doesn't offer a whole lot of space to manuver making horrible choke points when you factor in how quickly you die under fire. I don't know if it was tweaked in the final vresion, but the spawn points in that map were horrible in that you could spawn in your 'base' and only be a stones throw away from the battlefield allowing somebody to snipe you a moment after you respawn.

I hope that DICE doesn't mess up Battlefield 3. . .

That is how it felt to me in the first beta. I have high hopes for Battlefield:BC3 because I feel that is DICE's baby and MOH was just a game that EA wanted them to rush on to get it out to battle COD. Only thing I want is for them to improve the frostbite engine for BC3 because even though the environments and maps looked good (Atacama Desert is beautiful) the gun models could use some help along with the character models. BC3 has the potential to be amazing.

Around the Network

I think MOH graphics were good

it looks like a breath of fresh air from COD

I just played this game and I dont know what the hell this Geiss guy is talking about. THe single player is fine, i did notice some hiccups but it was nothing that caused me to reset, and MOH Frontline with full trophy support is a big plus for me. I can see where he did get the whole whackamole thing but its no different than most of the fps ive played.

indodude said:
yo_john117 said:

If its not called Call of Duty it won't get rated high (as far as FPS games go)

Out of all people, you should know that's not true.

But look at Halo Reach

Wasn't gonna buy it anyways, this just confirms that.

lol i thought they were being harsh

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E