By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Embarassing" Kinect Interview

majority of the games i have seen are rail games, which are basically quick time events games, but instea dof pressing x or a or other buttons you pre form a body movement. 

Dance central, harry potter, kinect adventure, kinectimals are all rail based games.

The Kinect must offer more than rail based games because it will suffer since they can convert classic arcade rail games into the kinect but when people play arcade type games they want to hold stuff like a gun or a steering wheel.

So the biggest challenge the kinect faces is analogue movement function which 80% of the games now require, but yet to see some type of ability , maybe walking on the spot maybe?? the Wii has the numchuck, the move has the dual shock(hold with one hand) or the second controller (dont know what its called).

So if Kinect can pull it off it has a future but once they can attachments like the Wii for example a plastic gun or something that would beat the purpose of the kinect. If the dont then it will fail and be a quick fad that will die in around a year. 

The game needs something like time crisis but thats the problem, everyone knows time crisis and if someone was to make a clone people will rather want to play time crisis instead of a clone. 

Then they need to integrate an way for non rail games to work.

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network

Looking at a car is not a game

I'm the sort of self-conscious person that would be too embarassed to even touch Kinect, even if I'm totally alone. This advertisement has just reinforced this fear!

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

Why do they always have more than one person playing Dance Central? isn't it single player?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:

Why do they always have more than one person playing Dance Central? isn't it single player?

I believe so.  I guess they want to make it look like a multiplayer game, so it looks more fun?  I know a lot of people were saying Dance Central is going to be the real game to hook people because of its unique tracking method, but there's a game coming out for the PS3 that does full body tracking, as well.  It's a fitness game called Get Fit With Mel B.  It made me wonder if Dance Central does go multi-plat, would Harmonix be able to pull off the exact same game just using the PS Eye.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Severance said:

I believe so.  I guess they want to make it look like a multiplayer game, so it looks more fun?  I know a lot of people were saying Dance Central is going to be the real game to hook people because of its unique tracking method, but there's a game coming out for the PS3 that does full body tracking, as well.  It's a fitness game called Get Fit With Mel B.  It made me wonder if Dance Central does go multi-plat, would Harmonix be able to pull off the exact same game just using the PS Eye.

Are you certain it is single player, I thought Dance Central was two player? If single player, I don't think it will take off beyond the initial wave of buyers who will be under the impression it is multiplayer. If two player, it can still be the Kinect's "killer app" to a certain extent.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
thismeintiel said:
Severance said:

Are you certain it is single player, I thought Dance Central was two player? If single player, I don't think it will take off beyond the initial wave of buyers who will be under the impression it is multiplayer. If two player, it can still be the Kinect's "killer app" to a certain extent.

I haven't seen more than one player at a time either. A dance face off mode would be killer tho. If it's already confirmed let me know

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

bmmb1 said:
thismeintiel said:
Severance said:

all i know is , there is a "duel" mode where you take parts and then see who has the best score, and there is another mode where everyone dances parts of the song back and forth.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

What answer would have been best for the Shenmue 3 question? Its stupid. His answer was fine.

He didn't handle the Move question well. He should have just said something like the Kinect's accuracy is excellent and actually tracks your entire body. Basically just focus on how the full body gameplay couldn't be duplicated on the Move.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

deskpro2k3 said:

the response at the end, I couldn't stop laughing.

Are you still laughing?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey