By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Embarassing" Kinect Interview

Reasonable said:
daroamer said:
thismeintiel said:
Severance said:

Why do they always have more than one person playing Dance Central? isn't it single player?

I believe so.  I guess they want to make it look like a multiplayer game, so it looks more fun?  I know a lot of people were saying Dance Central is going to be the real game to hook people because of its unique tracking method, but there's a game coming out for the PS3 that does full body tracking, as well.  It's a fitness game called Get Fit With Mel B.  It made me wonder if Dance Central does go multi-plat, would Harmonix be able to pull off the exact same game just using the PS Eye.

If Harmonix had been able to do it with the PS Eye they would have already.  You think they WANT to keep it exclusive?  They've stated plenty of times in videos that they wanted to do a dance game for a while but the tech didn't exist yet to do what they wanted to do....and they had already made games for the Eye Toy so they know what they're talking about.  They have indicated they might do versions for the PS3 and Wii but it would only be tracking the hands.

The Mel B game doesn't do what you think it does.  EA Sports Active 2 has stuff that is exclusive to Kinect because the developers said it wasn't possible to track those exercises on the other systems, things like push ups.

Dance Central is 1 player at a time however you have a box on the right side that is showing the full depth map image so it can show 3 people dancing, the main player and 2 "backup" dancers, I've played it while my girlfriend was dancing and I could see what I was doing in the window as a backup dancer, only she was getting scored though.  They DO however have some PVP and co-op mulitplayer modes where the players switch out during the song.

I thought Harmonix already said Dance Central could come to PS3?

http://www.vg247.com/2010/06/23/dance-central-could-eventually-come-to-ps3-says-harmonix/

Clearly Kinect seems better input, but they seem confident it could be done.  And looking at the videos so far I'd be surprised if it couldn't.

I'm pretty sure MS will agree at least a timed exclusive on it, as it's far and away the most intersting title for Kinect I've seen and seems to get the most positive response.  But I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't turn up on PS3 later in some form.

I said in my post they said it COULD....however it would use Move, not the PS Eye.  I don't know why everyone thinks that suddenly the PS Eye can do things that no one has ever been able to make it do in the past.

Around the Network

hehehe, i love that comment :

"I've seen people in hostage videos that were more comfortable in front of a camera."

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

this thing might kick in next year. tbh i think most peopel are excited about the 3DS, this motion bollocks isn't really all that interesting. Move is underwhelming and this looks it too though if i'm being honest kinect has more promise and potential as move is just  awiimote rip off.

---

darthdevidem01 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

the response at the end, I couldn't stop laughing.

Are you still laughing?

of course.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Severance said:

Why do they always have more than one person playing Dance Central? isn't it single player?

It's two players.  It can track the movements of 2 people to keep score, but all the demos had several MTV dancers join you on stage to make it seem like a much bigger party, and to pump everybody up.

Around the Network
daroamer said:

I said in my post they said it COULD....however it would use Move, not the PS Eye.  I don't know why everyone thinks that suddenly the PS Eye can do things that no one has ever been able to make it do in the past.

because lately people made it do things that no one has ever been able to make it do in the past?

Kung fu life anyone?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

laugh out loud!!! that last question was hilarious!!! XD

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

its obviously off but i'm sure it can and will be fixed before launch.

Porcupine_I said:
daroamer said:

because lately people made it do things that no one has ever been able to make it do in the past?

Kung fu life anyone?

Kung Fu Live is doing nothing different than any other Eyetoy game in terms of body tracking, it's tracking your hands and feet and only when they are cleared from the body.  It won't be able to track anything when your hands are in front of your body, all motions are to the sides and away from you because it can only track on a 2D plane.

That is not nearly the same thing that Kinect is doing.  Kinect is tracking 20 different joints in 3 dimensions and mapping that information to a skeletal representation of a human.

That's outstandingly bad... Might even be the worst kinect game.

But there's a market for anything...