mhsillen said:
DélioPT said:
huaxiong90 said:
DélioPT said:

1st week (worlwide): 450k

15 weeks: 950k-1 million

Lifetime: 2.250 million

Still a complete lowball.

I hope it is, really. But you see, DK hasn`t had a proper game since the n64 days and how long has that been? It takes its toll on the franchise.

There wasn't a proper mario sidescoller from SNES until the wii.  Tolls to sales were I believe negligible. 

Actually there was, for the NDS.
But aside from that, Mario is Mario. Dk isn`t as big as Mario is and Mario has been in every Nintendo console selling millions of copies, exposing is name is soccer, baseball, mini-games and what-not. DK hasn`t a 2D or 3D game since the N64 if i`m not mistaken.

If there had been more DK games since then and if DK was as mass appealing as Mario, then yes, it would sell in the millions, but he isn`t.

The other crappy DK games such as jungle beat sucked.

Side scrolling DK will appeal to older gamers like me and bring in younger ones.

I think we had the same arguments about SMBwii not selling much and we know how that turned out

Oh hell I forgot you were 50! buty still I wouldnt' say your old, people who are 100 can look healthy.

It seems we think DKCR will do 8M LT, which is good since the last DKC game came in 1996.

@mhsillen: Actually if someone asked me if NSMBWii would sell that much, i would probably say NO! But with DK i think there`s a big difference - 2 actually: he isn`t as appealing as Mario and he hasn`t had a proper for 14, years as Nintendogamer pointed out. And that, to me, makes all the difference. Am i low on my expectations? I probably am. But i see a lot of people claiming it will sell like 6 or 12 million... that i think is really high. Not even Mario Galaxy reached 9M and Galaxy 2 won`t even reach that.

I'm not sure 3d mario is a good example. 2D mario is wildly more popular  in sales, popularity, and system selling.

DK is a very popular character it is in the news all the time to new records being broken on the classic arcade console. 

It sold a 8 million on a system that had a smaller userbase.  

In fact DK was the major player and mario the minor when DK first came out. 

DK has major name recognition imho

I think I low-balled my prediction 

Around the Network
mhsillen said:
DélioPT said:
Nintendogamer said:
mhsillen said:
DélioPT said:
mhsillen said:
DélioPT said:
huaxiong90 said:
DélioPT said:

I hope it is, really. But you see, DK hasn`t had a proper game since the n64 days and how long has that been? It takes its toll on the franchise.

There wasn't a proper mario sidescoller from SNES until the wii.  Tolls to sales were I believe negligible. 

But aside from that, Mario is Mario. Dk isn`t as big as Mario is and Mario has been in every Nintendo console selling millions of copies, exposing is name is soccer, baseball, mini-games and what-not. DK hasn`t a 2D or 3D game since the N64 if i`m not mistaken.

If there had been more DK games since then and if DK was as mass appealing as Mario, then yes, it would sell in the millions, but he isn`t.

Side scrolling DK will appeal to older gamers like me and bring in younger ones.

I think we had the same arguments about SMBwii not selling much and we know how that turned out

Oh hell I forgot you were 50! buty still I wouldnt' say your old, people who are 100 can look healthy.

It seems we think DKCR will do 8M LT, which is good since the last DKC game came in 1996.

@mhsillen: Actually if someone asked me if NSMBWii would sell that much, i would probably say NO! But with DK i think there`s a big difference - 2 actually: he isn`t as appealing as Mario and he hasn`t had a proper for 14, years as Nintendogamer pointed out. And that, to me, makes all the difference. Am i low on my expectations? I probably am. But i see a lot of people claiming it will sell like 6 or 12 million... that i think is really high. Not even Mario Galaxy reached 9M and Galaxy 2 won`t even reach that.

I'm not sure 3d mario is a good example. 2D mario is wildly more popular  in sales, popularity, and system selling.

DK is a very popular character it is in the news all the time to new records being broken on the classic arcade console. 

2 rules: you may change your predictions only once and you have to make it a week before the release.  If someone hasn't changed their predictions and they want to change it say, 4 days before the release they wont be able to.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

mhsillen said:
DélioPT said:
Nintendogamer said:
mhsillen said:
DélioPT said:
mhsillen said:
DélioPT said:
huaxiong90 said:
DélioPT said:

I called on Mario Galaxy becaude of the quality of the title; because i see lots of sites prasing it as one of the best Mario games. So, even if it is in 3D, if that game can`t even reach 9 million, it`s hard for me to imagine that DKR will achieve that or even higher.

It`s true that DK on N64 sold a lot but that might have been because of the success of the other 3 games on SNES and the success of a 3D Mario on N64 along with Banjo-Kazooie. Also, platforming games sold really well on N64 but things have changed.

The thing is, is that Donkey Kong 64 benefited from the success of the SNES games and the success of 3D Mario and Banjo Kazooie.
Now, DK has to live by it`s own name - which is popular, but not Mario-popular.
I too believe that Dk is known by a lot of people, it`s just that most "kids" today, probably never played a proper DK game since the last one came out 11 years ago. It`s a lot of time! All they know of him is of all the tennis, kart, golf, baseball and music games he has starred or been in.

DélioPT said:
mhsillen said:
DélioPT said:
Nintendogamer said:
mhsillen said:
DélioPT said:
mhsillen said:
DélioPT said:
huaxiong90 said:
DélioPT said:

I called on Mario Galaxy becaude of the quality of the title; because i see lots of site prasing it as one of the best Mario games. So, even if it is in 3D, if that game can`t even reach 9 million, it`s hard for me to imagine that DKR will achive that or even higher.

It`s true that DK on N64 sold a lot but that might have been because of the success of the other 3 games on SNES and the success of a 3D Mario on N64, along with Banjo-Kazooie. Platforming games sold really well on N64 but things have changed.
The thing is, is that Donkey Kong 64 benefited from the success of the SNES games and the success of 3D Mario and Banjo Kazooie.

Now, DK has to live by it`s own name - which is popular, but not Mario-popular.
I too believe that Dk is known by a lot of people, it`s just that most "kids" today probably never played a proper DK game since the last one came out 11 years ago. It`s a lot of time!

Mario galaxy 1 is at 8.91M, it will top 9M this year.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:
mhsillen said:
DélioPT said:
Nintendogamer said:
mhsillen said:
DélioPT said:
mhsillen said:
DélioPT said:
huaxiong90 said:
DélioPT said:

2 rules: you may change your predictions only once and you have to make it a week before the release.  If someone hasn't changed their predictions and they want to change it say, 4 days before the release they wont be able to.

thanks, i think i will stick with my conservative prediction 

Around the Network

@Nintendogamer: You know what i meant! :D

Pre-orders for America comparision:

Above: still the best game of the year.

I wish that meant that NSMBWii success' would repeat itself, but how many 10million games can Wii get? Even if the fnal pre-orders match those of NSMBWii, that doesn`t mean it will sell more than 15 million copies in it`s first year.

DélioPT said:

I wish that meant that NSMBWii success' would repeat itself, but how many 10million games can Wii get? Even if the fnal pre-orders match those of NSMBWii, that doesn`t mean it will sell more than 15 million copies in it`s first year.

SMG1, SSMB are bound to hit 10M sometime. and wii party, so that's 10 10M sellers wii is bound to get.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

My prediction:

1st Week -- 540K

After 15 Weeks -- 4.5 Million

LTD (Life To Death) -- 6.7 Million

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey