By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Country Returns sales thread

Yep, total failure here (prediction, not the game). Though we already knew that from the pre-order charts, I guess.

Might be tough to pull even a million first week, at this point

Around the Network

I think that 550k for the first week is very good. There were fears of this game underperforming but it may sold 1 millions first week WW.

Donkey Kong is not Mario and the great DKJB sold way less. DKCR is probably going to be the game of holiday for the Wii and it's deserved for its great quality. He will be followed by NSBMWii, Mario Galaxy 2, Wii Party, Mario Kart and Wii fit to lift Wii sales to the highest rank again.

Oh dear!!!

At least I am glad SOMETHING overshot my sales expectations this week!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It should 800k plus easily with Europe and Japan to go.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I was off aswell. Damn you black friday... and thank you very much fo raising sales! :D
1st week should be closer to 750k.

Getting my copy tomorrow! Yay!