mhsillen said:
DélioPT said:
huaxiong90 said:
DélioPT said:

1st week (worlwide): 450k

15 weeks: 950k-1 million

Lifetime: 2.250 million

Still a complete lowball.

I hope it is, really. But you see, DK hasn`t had a proper game since the n64 days and how long has that been? It takes its toll on the franchise.

There wasn't a proper mario sidescoller from SNES until the wii.  Tolls to sales were I believe negligible. 

Actually there was, for the NDS.
But aside from that, Mario is Mario. Dk isn`t as big as Mario is and Mario has been in every Nintendo console selling millions of copies, exposing is name is soccer, baseball, mini-games and what-not. DK hasn`t a 2D or 3D game since the N64 if i`m not mistaken.

If there had been more DK games since then and if DK was as mass appealing as Mario, then yes, it would sell in the millions, but he isn`t.

Around the Network

Hmm I think it will be something like this:

First week: 1.1 million

First 15 weeks: 6 million

Limetime: 12 million

It'll be somewhat of a slow burner, but like most evergreen Wii titles, will have beastly legs. I think it has the potential to be like Mario Kart in that it'll outsell its predecessors. It is also similar to NSMB Wii which could end up selling 25 million when it's all said and done. So I don't see why another popular 2D sidescroller series cannot reach half of that.

First week: 1.5 million

15 weeks: 5.0 million

Lifetime: 12.0 million

First week: 750k

First 15 weeks: 4.300 milion

LTD: 9 milion

DélioPT said:
mhsillen said:
DélioPT said:
huaxiong90 said:
DélioPT said:

I hope it is, really. But you see, DK hasn`t had a proper game since the n64 days and how long has that been? It takes its toll on the franchise.

There wasn't a proper mario sidescoller from SNES until the wii.  Tolls to sales were I believe negligible. 

But aside from that, Mario is Mario. Dk isn`t as big as Mario is and Mario has been in every Nintendo console selling millions of copies, exposing is name is soccer, baseball, mini-games and what-not. DK hasn`t a 2D or 3D game since the N64 if i`m not mistaken.

If there had been more DK games since then and if DK was as mass appealing as Mario, then yes, it would sell in the millions, but he isn`t.

The other crappy DK games such as jungle beat sucked.

Side scrolling DK will appeal to older gamers like me and bring in younger ones.

I think we had the same arguments about SMBwii not selling much and we know how that turned out

Around the Network
mhsillen said:
DélioPT said:
mhsillen said:
DélioPT said:
huaxiong90 said:
DélioPT said:

Side scrolling DK will appeal to older gamers like me and bring in younger ones.

I think we had the same arguments about SMBwii not selling much and we know how that turned out

Oh hell I forgot you were 50! buty still I wouldnt' say your old, people who are 100 can look healthy.

It seems we think DKCR will do 8M LT, which is good since the last DKC game came in 1996.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:
mhsillen said:
DélioPT said:
mhsillen said:
DélioPT said:
huaxiong90 said:
DélioPT said:

Oh hell I forgot you were 50! buty still I wouldnt' say your old, people who are 100 can look healthy.

It seems we think DKCR will do 8M LT, which is good since the last DKC game came in 1996.

@mhsillen: Actually if someone asked me if NSMBWii would sell that much, i would probably say NO! But with DK i think there`s a big difference - 2 actually: he isn`t as appealing as Mario and he hasn`t had a proper for 14, years as Nintendogamer pointed out. And that, to me, makes all the difference. Am i low on my expectations? I probably am. But i see a lot of people claiming it will sell like 6 or 12 million... that i think is really high. Not even Mario Galaxy reached 9M and Galaxy 2 won`t even reach that.

OP updated, added 3 more user predictions.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

FW: 650.000

15 Week: 2.200.000

Lifetime: 3.600.000

1st Week-1 500 000

15 Weeks-6 700 000

Lifttime-12 200 000