By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - is Zelda Twilight Princess underrated when compared to Ocarina of Time

I have noticed some people here dismiss twilight princess when talking about the Zelda oot .Am i alone in feeling it was a great game and can stand as a showcase of how to keep the legacy of oot while bringing it up to date on the Wii, Or may be it's because  i don't believe you have to reshape every  game thats part of a series, just make it fun.

What do you think? love i TP, like it or loathe it .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

I love it. Though I consider it a gamecube game, because that's what I played it on >_>. Ocarina of time is my favorite zelda though. There's nothing defecient about TP though imo

I've played through OOT about 5 times and TP only once. TP is still a great game but OOT is a better game and far more memorable.

Well... i love both games. Both games are great. Tp was a great experience in the wii. Nothing wrong in that game. Played it like 6 times

I think that both games are fantastic, and stand well enough on their own.

That said, something about  OOT(maybe nostalga) makes me like it more. It's kinda like, the  simplicity of the game along with the genius of the dungeons make me love every second of the game.

I did feel that the puzzles were more difficult towards the end of TP, but the boss battles were far too easy in TP as well. Overall, I think the difficulty level in OOT is more perfectly curved.

Also, I think OOT is longer, and it invented the gametype as well, so yah, OOT > TP, but TP is still  9.5/10  AAA.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

OOT spoiler Alert:

Also, and I forgot about this, I LOOOOVE how in OOT you switch back and forth between young and old link during the game. It really gives you  the feeling that Link grows much more powerful when he gets older, and also it varies the gameplay alot(as the items do different things or are/arent usable depending on his age.

The first time you switch to Adult Link, and see the world torn to bits, that is when the true epicness and scale of the adventure hits home.

Another thing, the playing of the Ocarina and the interactions with Shiek are magnificant. The music in OOT is unsurpassed.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I love Twilight Princess, but I believe it's not underrated but overrated.

I could rarely die in this game. A lot less than any other Zelda game I have played. I felt I was progressing in the story and not facing challenges that would keep me on my toes. While the experience was great I always felt that something was missing.

If OOT is a 100 then TP is a 99

Majora's Mask is a 200

O-D-C said:

If OOT is a 100 then TP is a 99

Majora's Mask is a 200

0r putting it on a 100/100 scale :D
Majora's mask is a 100 and ocarina is a 50 and twilight princess is a 49.5 :D

I've played OoT through twice, and I have only half finished TP.

TP I allowed the rest of my life to get in the way of completing.  Don't get me wrong, it was great and I will come back to it.

But OoT was that good that I simply wouldn't have allowed anything short of a death in the family to intervene in my continuing enjoyment of it.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS