By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - is Zelda Twilight Princess underrated when compared to Ocarina of Time

i think people rates oot better than tp only because oot established the genre and because of the nostalgia. TP is a better game (i recently replayed OOT and it's starting to show signs of time, sometimes you feel that the gameplay is really primitive. with this i'm not saying it's bad, in fact is golden, but a little bit raw for nowadays standards), but without oot, tp couldn't be made.

for me between oot and tp is a tie, while i liked MM a lot more and WW a lot less

i really think WW is the worst zelda ever made, not because of the "kiddy graphics", but because the game was far too short and easy (i don't understand why people complain that TP was too easy, WW was way easier), the ocean felt empty and the second half of the game felt rushed.

(again, by saying worst i'm not saying it's a bad game, it's only not as good as the others)

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

Around the Network

Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda game of them all. 

TP was more overrated than underrated. IMO the worst console 3D zelda by a mile. WW was better.

---

DarkCronos said:

i think people rates oot better than tp only because oot established the genre and because of the nostalgia. TP is a better game (i recently replayed OOT and it's starting to show signs of time, sometimes you feel that the gameplay is really primitive. with this i'm not saying it's bad, in fact is golden, but a little bit raw for nowadays standards), but without oot, tp couldn't be made.

for me between oot and tp is a tie, while i liked MM a lot more and WW a lot less

i really think WW is the worst zelda ever made, not because of the "kiddy graphics", but because the game was far too short and easy (i don't understand why people complain that TP was too easy, WW was way easier), the ocean felt empty and the second half of the game felt rushed.

(again, by saying worst i'm not saying it's a bad game, it's only not as good as the others)

TP is easier than WW

WW has magic in it

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

TP is easier than WW

WW has magic in it

No, WW is really quite a bit easier than TP.  Far shorter too, but with more fetch questing somehow. It's gorgeous (probably the best looking game Nintendo's ever made imo), but the game design really does feel incomplete compared to OOT/MM/TP.

I'd rank the 3D Zeldae as...

MM > TP > OOT > Okami > WW

Around the Network
jarrod said:

darthdevidem01 said:

TP is easier than WW

WW has magic in it

No, WW is really quite a bit easier than TP.  Far shorter too, but with more fetch questing somehow. It's gorgeous (probably the best looking game Nintendo's ever made imo), but the game design really does feel incomplete compared to OOT/MM/TP.

No I found TP much much easier than WW

darthdevidem01 said:
jarrod said:

darthdevidem01 said:

TP is easier than WW

WW has magic in it

WW literally has a "win" button.  It's retardedly easy.

jarrod said:
darthdevidem01 said:
jarrod said:

darthdevidem01 said:

TP is easier than WW

WW has magic in it

Yeah and TP is still even easier.

I love Twilight Princess but overall Ocarina of Time is better.

For me Ocarina of Time was the best game ever created.

darthdevidem01 said:
jarrod said:
darthdevidem01 said:
jarrod said:

darthdevidem01 said:

TP is easier than WW

WW has magic in it

Yeah and TP is still even easier.

Puzzles in TWW were all pretty simple (far simpler than those in TP's mid/late dungeons), combat was practically automatic (again, that "win" button)... the only time the game ever even started approaching any difficulty was that secret 100 floor grotto on your home island... and TP has even more difficult 100 floor dungeon in the desert anyway.

None of the 3D Zeldae are exactly what I'd call difficult (except those shooting games in MM... GODDAMN!), but WW is definitely the easiest (and shortest) of them.