By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe PS3 Will Be #1 Selling Console In 2011 What Do You Believe In?

I honestly thought the PS3 would lose. Nice job Sony

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
BHR you are the best analyst on this site and I would be sad if you ever left.

aww  

well theres always a chance of something occurring in the next weeks with NPD and shipments, so im not going to start celebrating till then, cause if i do now and something happens with the shipments and NPD i'll look bad.  i try, when i first found this site most users would be all about the sales predictions threads would be similar to this with really no data or wouldnt take a serious approach thats one i believe the sites forums where at there peak.  i like creating the thread this way, im not no sales analyst, i dont have data, i dont spend my time crushing numbers all day, all i have is my beliefs.  i can try to be all serious with my perditions but i wouldnt get posters to troll or flame me which is fun reading back on if the said perdition comes true.

Play Me

A 300k win is not that great when you had maybe 10 first party titles come out compared to 3 or 4 from other companies, you lowered the price of your console, you have an entire other territory advantage over the competition, your company is bleeding money and your releases for 2012 are basically non-existent.

Good job Sony. You possibly won one year out of 5 by a meager amount coming off of the highest selling console in existence.

Nintendo sold more hardware than Sony did. 3DS outsold the PS3, and Wii and DS both outsold the PSP by quite a bit.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

sales2099 said:
xKratosWitAGunx said:
sales2099 said:

Do people really think a 300k lead is impressive? Its like saying the Persians killing the 300 Spartans was a Victory......it was technically but the Spartans made them hurt with a lot less working for them.

PS3 had a ton of exclusives, a price cut while 360 has been selling on 2008 prices.......without the help of mainland Europe and Japan. 

Its a PS3 win, but a 360 strategic victory as well. 2012 now will be the real year where MS can afford to drop its prices where as Sony cant.

A win is a win no matter how large the margin, the only reason I say that is because didn't MS claim that they would win this year? maybe not in those exact words but they surely inferred it. Now because of what they said not only were they proven wrong but they also lost. Sure it was a GREAT year for both systems as this was their best year so far, but there has to be a winner, and that winner is PS3. Better luck next year to the 360 I'm sure they will try their best seeing as how another loss would mean 3 years straight with PS3 as the victor. And don't bring up all this "360 stood their ground w/o a price cut" what about the Apocalyps3? A lot of people decided not to wait for the PS3 to come back online so they went out and bought an xbox. That was a solid month of 360 out on top, but that didn't stop the PS3 from winning this year. If anything it is a great feat for the PSN to be down and still take the year. Congratz to both systems but one rose above the other.

I dont know...personally the fact that it was so close should give everyone a reality check that the days of PS2-like dominance are long over. 

Still playing the microsoft underdog card?

Face it, everyone recoginzes the market has changed. We now have a different market leader, and at this stage in the lifecycle of the consoles things once again became competitive and interesting. This very thread is a testament to the fact that the PS2 days are long over. There is so much interest in this topic because what is currently happening has never happened before, and was inconceivable only a few years ago. PS3 took top spot for the year, and the Wii took last. Much like the PS3 trailing in last position was inconceivable just a few years before that. 

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Nintendo sold more hardware than Sony did. 3DS outsold the PS3, and Wii and DS both outsold the PSP by quite a bit.

Nintendo has nearly always outsold Sony if you look at it that way, even in the PS2 vs GCN/GB/GBC/GBA. Hoever, this is a descussion about home consoles and more specifically, PS3 vs 360.

On to the matter at hand. A win is a win, no matter how small. Could  it have been better? Surly, Sony face a lot of issues this year, some out of their control, and others they could have done better at. Starting furthur back, I feel that the removal of other os has killed sales. Then you head into december 2010, and LBP2 gets delayed out of the holiday season, adding anothing loss in momentum. Follow that with the earthquake, and the delay of Motorstorm 3. Now we have two exclusivesin a row that get all hyped, only to see them launched 1 - 2 months later with no press, and terrible pr from Sony. Next the biggest blow, PSN hack, and 1 month of no PSN, games, chat, movies, tv, notta. Finally, Sony comes out with reports that they will be loosing a ton of money, and analysts light up the web with uncertanty of the future of the company.

Sony may have had a banner year on the games front, but with all the other buzz, it was more or less a draw. The price cut came with no buzz, as I believe consumers saw it as a peace offering after the PSN debacle. To me Sony and the PS brand both hold a bit of uncertanty in the eyes of part of the public, and until Sony can change face they won't really be able to shine. 

Looking forward to 2012, should Sony be able to right the PSVita issue, and restore confidence in its image, it should be a much better year. If they  release a PS3Slim this year at $199 without any road blocks, I expect much better sales next holiday.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Congratz BHR

I see what you did there, Seece ;)

SlipperyMooseCakes said:
I see what you did there, Seece ;)

Just congratulating our resident analyst who doesn't use numbers, facts or figures but guidence from above, he truly is the greatest anaylst on VGchartz

Seece said:
Congratz BHR

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4255877

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4340708

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4321231

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4152176

its ok i'll get it right for this year and still be on record for predicting it the earliest http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=136752

Play Me