By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe PS3 Will Be #1 Selling Console In 2011 What Do You Believe In?

sales2099 said:

Do people really think a 300k lead is impressive?

PS3 had a ton of exclusives, a price cut while 360 has been selling on 2008 prices.......without the help of mainland Europe and Japan. 

No, more people are impressed with the PS3's stability throughout unfaborable occurences for the year. And more are also impressed that the PS3 has outsold the X360 three years in a row.

And LOL at your last sentence. You do realize any deficit the X360 receives in Europe is nearly meaningless compared to the PS3's deficit in America?

Also, your analogy is terrible. Implying that the PS3's advantage over the X360 is similar to the Persian's over the Spartans is a ridiculous exaggeration.

Around the Network

Another of BHR's prophecies come true.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
sales2099 said:

Do people really think a 300k lead is impressive? Its like saying the Persians killing the 300 Spartans was a Victory......it was technically but the Spartans made them hurt with a lot less working for them.

PS3 had a ton of exclusives, a price cut while 360 has been selling on 2008 prices.......without the help of mainland Europe and Japan. 

Its a PS3 win, but a 360 strategic victory as well. 2012 now will be the real year where MS can afford to drop its prices where as Sony cant.

pathetic

Hahaha

Today I got warned because I call this cat a troll, a guy that adds absolutely nothing to any conversation, and he does that creating flaimbate arguments.

It´s alright to say stupid stuff in here, it´s not cool to call someone out.

Waiting for adjustments, specially for the Wii, I think big adjustment will be made and for some reason the Wii still outsold the PS3 in VGZ even with NPD saying otherwise.

This week makes me believe that PS3 will outsell 360 big time like they did last year in the first part of the year, so the question is, when does MS cuts price, and how much will it boost sales, I actually don´t think it will have almost any effect in US, it will help a lot in Europe.

Dgc1808 said:
I love rage. It's sooo good.

I thought it was fairly average myself.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

thehusbo said:
Some angry Xbox owners are seriously trolling here. They saying 360 ain't had a price cut since 2008? Since 2008 theres been kinect which pretty much saved the console, a new slim model, as well as as 4gb budget price console, something which ps3 does not have. There's been plenty of cheap bundles across the USA with loads of gift card offers, free giveaways with computers in America, special edition consoles (mw3, gears of war 3), huge levels of advertising by microsoft, and PSN hacking where everyone claimed ps3 would collapse now and everyone would buy a 360.. Yes it hasn't had a price cut, but don't act as though it's the exact same scenario as 2008. Ps3 has won. Get over it.

some dont know how much the remodel help it, that is really a remodel if you asked me, it really shut myself and othes that had the theory that most of its sales in 2010 after the remodel where just rebuys.  i wonder how the PS3 would of fared if its remodel actually added features like PS2 B/C, wirelless N, and more than 2 usb ports, along with a more attractive looking piece of hardware.  i believe had those thing happen some of the past wild prediction of PS3's future would of had a better chance of coming true.

i dont believe in those would say it hasnt had a price cut since 08 b/c i'll feel sorry for them if this yr it doesnt get one again but more added features.  even though it didnt get a price cut since 08 the fact that it gained wireless N, more usbs, shiny new plastic, much more reliable HW, along with a extra 120gb of HDD space for under 299.  the 250gb older sku would go for 349 prior to the slim, and one has to remember that in EU the X-box had TWO price cuts just in 08 that put its price below the wii at that time, along with the fact that every year MS would release two game bundles for the holiday period while Sony would release none, one game or very low stock 2 game bundles only for BF. 

Play Me

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Do people really think a 300k lead is impressive? Its like saying the Persians killing the 300 Spartans was a Victory......it was technically but the Spartans made them hurt with a lot less working for them.

Its a PS3 win, but a 360 strategic victory as well. 2012 now will be the real year where MS can afford to drop its prices where as Sony cant.

360 was at 2008 prices? LOL! In 2008 360 was 350 euros here in Europe. Now you can get it for 170 euros! PS3 won the year, get over it, and its even pre adjustments numbers. I expect a bigger gap after the 3 companies give out shipment numbers.

Hold your horses guys, the ps3 will likely be adjusted up in a few weeks when the reports come in and the yearly meltdowns/excuses will repeat. Rinse, and then repeat.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Turkish said:
sales2099 said:

360 was at 2008 prices? LOL! In 2008 360 was 350 euros here in Europe. Now you can get it for 170 euros! PS3 won the year, get over it, and its even pre adjustments numbers. I expect a bigger gap after the 3 companies give out shipment numbers.

Even it's US prices weren't the same.  In 2008, the Arcade was $199, which is the same for the 4GB today, but the 250GB Elite was $399, which saw a cut to $299 around the same time the PS3 saw its cut to $299.  I don't get this bizarre reasoning some 360 fans have of claiming that models are replacing each other, so it doesn't count as a price cut, because it does.

@ Solid-Stark

I'm preparing for cries of overshipped again.  Oh well, I've pretty much gotten used to it. 

xKratosWitAGunx said:
sales2099 said:

A win is a win no matter how large the margin, the only reason I say that is because didn't MS claim that they would win this year? maybe not in those exact words but they surely inferred it. Now because of what they said not only were they proven wrong but they also lost. Sure it was a GREAT year for both systems as this was their best year so far, but there has to be a winner, and that winner is PS3. Better luck next year to the 360 I'm sure they will try their best seeing as how another loss would mean 3 years straight with PS3 as the victor. And don't bring up all this "360 stood their ground w/o a price cut" what about the Apocalyps3? A lot of people decided not to wait for the PS3 to come back online so they went out and bought an xbox. That was a solid month of 360 out on top, but that didn't stop the PS3 from winning this year. If anything it is a great feat for the PSN to be down and still take the year. Congratz to both systems but one rose above the other.

I dont know...personally the fact that it was so close should give everyone a reality check that the days of PS2-like dominance are long over. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

BHR you are the best analyst on this site and I would be sad if you ever left.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson