By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe PS3 Will Be #1 Selling Console In 2011 What Do You Believe In?

Pre-adjusted VGC figures ends with PS3 selling 300k more units than the X360 in 2011.
Future adjustments will result in the 2011 sales gap widen or close completely.

Adjusted sales numbers PS3 outsells the X360 by 500k or PS3 sells roughly the same amount of the X360 in 2011. 

(PS3) 14.4 million to (X360) 14.1 million is only a 2.1% variance in total sales.  

Around the Network

I love rage. It's sooo good.

4 ≈ One

mundus6 said:
Only 300k with a price drop lol, sure they might have sold more than 360, but have they made more? I actually thought the price drop would make PS3 catch up by 2 million or so. If 360 has a price drop next year (it haven't had a real one since 2008) it will be the best selling console of the year, save for maybe 3DS.

There is no maybe about it.  The 3DS will wreck shop this year and leave all others in the dust.  To compare handheld sales to console sales is a little pointless though.  Might as well start counting phones.

postofficebuddy said:

Another PS3 price cut is quite likely with them moving to the 22nm manufacturing process next year.

Huh? When did that happen? This year (2012), noone is able to manufacture anything in 22nm but Intel. All others will struggle to get anything out the door at 28nm in reasonable (=mass manufactring) quantities. In 2013, if you mean that by next year, Sony/MS/Nintendo might want to go 22nm with their _new_ stuff, but certainly not waste money redesigning _old_ stuff.

Nice work by both companies. Ps3 winning in total sales and 460 winning by per capita. Both should feel very good about these sales.

Around the Network

Some angry Xbox owners are seriously trolling here. They saying 360 ain't had a price cut since 2008? Since 2008 theres been kinect which pretty much saved the console, a new slim model, as well as as 4gb budget price console, something which ps3 does not have. There's been plenty of cheap bundles across the USA with loads of gift card offers, free giveaways with computers in America, special edition consoles (mw3, gears of war 3), huge levels of advertising by microsoft, and PSN hacking where everyone claimed ps3 would collapse now and everyone would buy a 360.. Yes it hasn't had a price cut, but don't act as though it's the exact same scenario as 2008. Ps3 has won. Get over it.

thehusbo said:
Ps3 has won. Get over it.

Now, let us hang the Mission Accomplished banner up and do an aircraft landing!  Sorry I couldn't resist...

sethnintendo said:
thehusbo said:
Ps3 has won. Get over it.

Now, let us hang the Mission Accomplished banner up and do an aircraft landing!  Sorry I couldn't resist...

;)

Love coming back to these threads.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

sales2099 said:

Do people really think a 300k lead is impressive? Its like saying the Persians killing the 300 Spartans was a Victory......it was technically but the Spartans made them hurt with a lot less working for them.

PS3 had a ton of exclusives, a price cut while 360 has been selling on 2008 prices.......without the help of mainland Europe and Japan. 

Its a PS3 win, but a 360 strategic victory as well. 2012 now will be the real year where MS can afford to drop its prices where as Sony cant.

pathetic