By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe PS3 Will Be #1 Selling Console In 2011 What Do You Believe In?

Mummelmann said:
Zlejedi said:
If we dug deeply enough we could probably find threads how Wii will pass 150M and will outsell PS3/X360 combined ;)

I used to have a bunch of ridiculous threads like that bookmarked but I have a new PC and new Windows now...

You have no idea how many threads there were prematurely celebrating 50% marketshare, destroying the PS2's lifetime sales and getting all major 3rd party support. Wait, maybe you do, you've been here a long time!

Yeah I remember how every jrpg was going to be Wii only after Dragon Quest news ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Turkish said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Turkish said:
PS3 will be the best selling console in EMEAA, new white and silver PS3 colors will be released this month, it will sell like hot cakes, just like how new colors for the 3DS did in japan.

hey dud i haven't had the chance to comment on your sig but your scenarios are right on. i'm also posting to remind you of the blue red and green consoles aswell. EMEAA will bring PS3 the win this holiday season, and Japan will help back it up with that RPG special edition console bundle but i still can't remember the name of that RPG lol. and Dec. with the FFXIII-2 special edition console and bundle Sony should take most if not all of Dec.

Thanks bro, I will buy a new Silver PS3 when it gets released in Europe. I'm amazed why Sony waited so long for new PS3 colors. People really underestimate the strength of new colors. You're talking about Ni No Kuni? It comes early next year to Western markets, day 1 buy! :)

thank you for telling me. i new it started with an N lol. i'll put it in my sig so i won't forget. Sony should have done multicolor consoles 2 yrs ago or at least last yr.

No problem, I'm glad PS3 gets great rpgs, Ninokuni, plus Tales of Graces F next year, I wanna see some Sony rpg like Xenogears lol

Turkish said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Turkish said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Turkish said:
PS3 will be the best selling console in EMEAA, new white and silver PS3 colors will be released this month, it will sell like hot cakes, just like how new colors for the 3DS did in japan.

hey dud i haven't had the chance to comment on your sig but your scenarios are right on. i'm also posting to remind you of the blue red and green consoles aswell. EMEAA will bring PS3 the win this holiday season, and Japan will help back it up with that RPG special edition console bundle but i still can't remember the name of that RPG lol. and Dec. with the FFXIII-2 special edition console and bundle Sony should take most if not all of Dec.

Thanks bro, I will buy a new Silver PS3 when it gets released in Europe. I'm amazed why Sony waited so long for new PS3 colors. People really underestimate the strength of new colors. You're talking about Ni No Kuni? It comes early next year to Western markets, day 1 buy! :)

thank you for telling me. i new it started with an N lol. i'll put it in my sig so i won't forget. Sony should have done multicolor consoles 2 yrs ago or at least last yr.

No problem, I'm glad PS3 gets great rpgs, Ninokuni, plus Tales of Graces F next year, I wanna see some Sony rpg like Xenogears lol

me too. i hope JRPG's are the future of PS3 and 4, and if Sony show more dedication to RPG'S with internal dev. and 3rd party support then i'll be happy. 

hey look at my sig and tell me what you think. its the last promotion of the yr in PSVita and my unrounded predictions lol.

Zlejedi said:
If we dug deeply enough we could probably find threads how Wii will pass 150M and will outsell PS3/X360 combined ;)

Lol, I remember those.  That was around the time I first joined.  Then you also had the 360/PS3 gap at ~8 million, with many saying it would only get larger from there.  Crazy how things can change so drastically in a year or so.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Turkish said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Turkish said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Turkish said:

me too. i hope JRPG's are the future of PS3 and 4, and if Sony show more dedication to RPG'S with internal dev. and 3rd party support then i'll be happy. 

hey look at my sig and tell me what you think. its the last promotion of the yr in PSVita and my unrounded predictions lol.

Nice predictions, I bet you it will look something like that at the end of the year. Really me too, I want to return to the good old 90's with lots of epic j-rpg games =(

I'll buy Vita on day 1 lol, its a new Sony platform what do you expect =)

Around the Network
Turkish said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Turkish said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Turkish said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Turkish said:

Nice predictions, I bet you it will look something like that at the end of the year. Really me too, I want to return to the good old 90's with lots of epic j-rpg games =(

I'll buy Vita on day 1 lol, its a new Sony platform what do you expect =)

well i won't likely have the money for Vita da 1 but i will get one. the thing is about the RPG's is that i missed out o so many and even though i was a gamer i was mostly unaware of genres that games were in. i just saw a good game and played it when i had the chance lol.  

yea i expect the high end to be what happens by yr's end.

i think PS3 will either sell 7m to 8m through Nov. Dec. i've got some pretty crazy predictions for 2012 fsical yr. end. check out the artical on the PS3 quarterly losses and you should see them but if you can't find them then let me know and i'll send it to you be message.

i'll be posting them on Dec. 31 midnight. i'm always the first to post predictions. i'm sure Seece still disagrees with them lol.

360 PS3 LEAD
jan-oct 6315,000 7711,000 1396,000
10/8 189 252 63
10/15 192 231 39
10/22 196 240 44
10/29 266 291 25
11/5 283 342 59
11/12 518 380 -138
11/19 461 387 -74
11/26 1202 835 -367
12/3 680 589 -91
12/10 857 705 -147
12/17 1175 879 -296
12/24 1249 971 -278
12/31 551 623 72
total 14134,000 14436,000 302 (PS3 lead)

Play Me

Close this time... WIN!!!

Great prediction.

close is right 300k isnt much that cant be overcome if 360's NPD or shipments are just slightly higher than what vgc shows

i still think that after both NPD and shipments PS3 should have 2011 though

regardless of how small the margin is a win is a win and if it's the other way around it would be a win for the X-box, the whole point to these threads is for the final outcome to be accurate. since this gen started it was very clear that the wii would sell the most for the years prior to 2011. id call it a tough call between the ps3 and 360 for the years after 2010 i believe i will have it correct though PS3 for 2011 and 360 for 12, i believe the PS3 will not be able to out do its 2011 numbers for 2012 b/c of the 3rd year peak theory ps3 slim at 299 was released in 09 and X-box slim was released in 2010 thus meaning 2012 should be its peak year. the only thing that can change that for the X-box would be if they announced another console next year but i doubt that b/c halo4 releases next year and GTA 5 might aswell, i dont think that would be a good businesses decision for MS to announce in 2012

Play Me

I believe in Mr Grieves, do you have another 'pinion?