By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

There are a TON of "little stuff" updates in 1.5

-- You can't plant a single piece of sugar cane anywhere underwater anymore; it has to be by a (watery) hole or ledge just like on the surface. 
-- You can't climb ladders at "head" level, only at "foot" level.  This strikes me as an odd choice, but whatever. 
-- There are now saplings for all the types of trees. 

I'm sure there are many more but I've just run into these. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Are we banned from flying now? :(

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

No, but all your mods were essentially uninstalled from minecraft.jar when you downloaded the update (because you downloaded a NEW minecraft.rar that had no mods and it replaced your old, modded one).

You'll have to wait to fly until the modpack is updated, then reinstall it. Happens every time there's an update. I guarantee you there's going to be another update very soon, so you may not even want to worry too much about it - 1.5_01 will probably disable mods built for 1.5.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Actually, TooManyItems and Zombe's Modpack are both already updated for 1.5. Those are the only mods I really use, so that's a plus.

They normally take mlonger to release mod updates. I'm going to guess this time they were easier to update.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Minecraft is updated to 1.5_01 already, which is supposed to fix the whole "detector rail" issue.

However, there was a MAJOR bug included that Notch has already fixed, so 1.5_02 is supposed to be out as well (Notch said so), but it won't let me update to it, so I don't get it.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Gogo quadruple post!

Dunno if it's a fluke or what, but I can suddenly access VGC, Minecraft.net, MCWB, and Planet MC all from my work network. They used to all be blocked. Score!

SW-5120-1900-6153

updated,  and patched, the server was hung, dont know if the patch fixes the hang issues. if it hangs again email me

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

I think Wick actually may have been onto something. Did you disable fly mod? It suddenly started booting me from the server, claiming that flying is not permitted now. I only just now discovered it because it only does it if I fly above a certain point. If I stay low, it doesn't react.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Minecraft radar!

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I think flying may be set to off as default on SMP servers now.

goddog would have to switch it on to give us our superpowers back.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron