By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

I find the game to be crippled now with snow covering every goddamned thing AND flying disabled. Until at least one of those things is fixed, I'm going to be not playing. They've seriously screwed up the game.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

If it's going to snow a lot, in a lot of places, maybe Notch should set it to melt after a day or two. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

There's a lot of complaining going on in the MC forums about it, with a lot of people requesting an option to turn snow off altogether. A lot of people are also requesting that it melt in non-snow biomes. Hopefully that'll happen, because it's really, really annoying.

If they DO include an option to turn off snow (or release a mod that removes snowy weather), I would like to request that it be set up for our server because, really, it's completely ruined so much of our world.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Okay, WTF? Squids have been in the game since January? I honestly never saw them 'till today, yet I found wolves almost instantly after Update 1.4.

I are confuse.

Anyway, since I more often than not sleep over the night, (I know. I'm a wimp.) I only just made my first acquaintance with spider jockeys today. (I'm really out of the loop, huh?)

Pleasant fellows...

I have not made any changes to disable flying, but will put in some research today to look at not blocking it, as for weather ill look into disableing it too.... though i like it

edit, i updated properties, see if flying works now, was unaware of the new feature, and default was disabled, I have had issues with it reading the pref before give me feedback if it works. i will say the server had seemed snappier, so it to improve performance it might be best not to fly, for now though i will not be blocking it, nor activly blocking any mods

edit2 as for now i still opposed running mods on the server itself, when i get around to upgrading/building a new computer, ill run a second server with mods,

edit 3 sorry its taken me so long to reply, been tied up restoring my droidx, repairing an third bootimage on my laptop, and playing forza 3 (blame a coworker, i had not picked it up in months till he ivited me to play him.... now hes got me into dr2 as well)  if you have an issue and i dont respond here shoot me an email to check the forums, or just what the issues is, ill get back to you as soon as i can ..

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
Ninpanda said:

Okay, WTF? Squids have been in the game since January? I honestly never saw them 'till today, yet I found wolves almost instantly after Update 1.4.

I are confuse.

Anyway, since I more often than not sleep over the night, (I know. I'm a wimp.) I only just made my first acquaintance with spider jockeys today. (I'm really out of the loop, huh?)

Pleasant fellows...

yes, they have never been common on the server, i think jammin caught a few, and i caught one. our map is old, and i think that is part of the reason

I like it too, but I'll admit that if I'd made acres and acres of city I might be pretty annoyed to see it all covered in formless white. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

goddog said:
Ninpanda said:

I are confuse.

Pleasant fellows...

yes, they have never been common on the server, i think jammin caught a few, and i caught one. our map is old, and i think that is part of the reason

I've never had a problem finding squid near Farm Island, the few times I was walking around the seafloor there. 

If you mean you have a hard time fishing for them, remember that they pretty much sink right to the bottom of whatever bodies of water they're in. 

Final-Fan said:

Minecraft radar!

bwahahaha yes, and my AA guns work quite well, old german 88's

Final-Fan said:
goddog said:
Ninpanda said:

I are confuse.

Pleasant fellows...

I've never had a problem finding squid near Farm Island, the few times I was walking around the seafloor there. 

If you mean you have a hard time fishing for them, remember that they pretty much sink right to the bottom of whatever bodies of water they're in. 

i have a hard time finding them even when walking on the bottom, hmm ill have to take  alook overthere