By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

well the power is still out now that ive got off work, KUB, my power company gave me no ETA. there are trees down over cars all over the place and a giant power poll by the interstate is snapped like a twig, they are out there fixing that. its kinda wierd since im in such an urban area, and the damage seems limited to such a small space. no trafic lights combined with so many one way and impassable roads is a pain....

ill be out of batter on the teathred laptop in just a few minutes but thought id get this post out

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

The VGC server is my primary server, but I occasionally hit up other servers. One of the other ones is also based in TN, and it also is down right now. I think it's based out of Memphis.

SW-5120-1900-6153

hey im back up thought not sure how stable, auto reboot on all device worked like a charm as soon as power came back.

hmm if only i had the money for a backup desiel ....  

yea mephis is getting hit again right now as i am supposed to latter today, hope it does not happen.

My theory about the Minecraft world:

The world of Minecraft is  a hidden pocket land accessed through a small, hidden rift in our universe. It's not a separate world from our own - rather, it's a continuance of our own world with an entirely unique set of laws, physics, and existence itself.

Steve is a traveler who, through one event or another, was stranded in the land of Minecraft. Entirely uncertain about what to do, he had to learn through trial and error that he could punch trees to the point of collecting their wood. From here, he began to disembark on a mission of survival, as at night, deadly monsters would emerge and kill him. Eventually, Steve had solidified his safety and became bored, at which time he began building fancy creations to pass the time.

I like to think that eventually, Steve is rescued, and his rescuers are astounded at the incredible complexity and design behind his creations. I also like to think that such a story might be built into the game eventually, and at this point in the game, you've "won" and the credits roll, but then the game will let you continue from here, except now there are human NPCs that you can interact with. Essentially, initially, the game is sandbox but it has a story mode that you follow. Eventually, you complete the story mode, but the game lets you continue playing beyond that in an entirely sandbox-only mode from there.

Originally my theory was that he was sailing and shipwrecked in Minecraft, because every world I would create had the initial spawn point on a beach. That changed after custom seeds came out.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:

My theory about the Minecraft world:

The world of Minecraft is  a hidden pocket land accessed through a small, hidden rift in our universe. It's not a separate world from our own - rather, it's a continuance of our own world with an entirely unique set of laws, physics, and existence itself.

Steve is a traveler who, through one event or another, was stranded in the land of Minecraft. Entirely uncertain about what to do, he had to learn through trial and error that he could punch trees to the point of collecting their wood. From here, he began to disembark on a mission of survival, as at night, deadly monsters would emerge and kill him. Eventually, Steve had solidified his safety and became bored, at which time he began building fancy creations to pass the time.

I like to think that eventually, Steve is rescued, and his rescuers are astounded at the incredible complexity and design behind his creations. I also like to think that such a story might be built into the game eventually, and at this point in the game, you've "won" and the credits roll, but then the game will let you continue from here, except now there are human NPCs that you can interact with. Essentially, initially, the game is sandbox but it has a story mode that you follow. Eventually, you complete the story mode, but the game lets you continue playing beyond that in an entirely sandbox-only mode from there.

Originally my theory was that he was sailing and shipwrecked in Minecraft, because every world I would create had the initial spawn point on a beach. That changed after custom seeds came out.

it always made me think of gumbys world

Around the Network

With all the comments on the Minecraft news stories on this site, I thought there would be more people on the server.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

never mind i missunderstood....  been awake too long need to sleep

I bought Minecraft last week. God, this game is awesome. I'm currently working on my house.

Has anyone been able to get the Steam overlay to work with Minecraft? I added it as a non-Steam game to my Library and can launch it from there, but the overlay does not show up.

Leunam said:

I bought Minecraft last week. God, this game is awesome. I'm currently working on my house.

Has anyone been able to get the Steam overlay to work with Minecraft? I added it as a non-Steam game to my Library and can launch it from there, but the overlay does not show up.

Have you tried multiplayer yet?

You should come and check out the VGC server.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

wick said:
Leunam said:

Have you tried multiplayer yet?

You should come and check out the VGC server.

OK, I'll check it out.