By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

Goddog, I am officially requesting two things.

(1) Could I convince you to install the WorldEdit mod? I don't see myself using it much, but with the construction of my city, it'd help a ton with clearing space, laying road, and cleaning up the god damned snow. WorldEdit is essentially a server-side in-client version of MC Edit, and you can restrict access to it to only those that you allow. Highly useful. It would also give us the opportunity to import our creations from singleplayer. I have a lot of projects I had been working on in singleplayer and I would loooooove to be able to do them on the server instead because, frankly, ever since I started playing online, I've not done ANYTHING in my SSP world.

(2) http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Mods/Biome_Terrain BIOME EDITING MODS. If we can find a way to edit the biomes of certain areas for people, we could GET RID OF THE ICE AND SNOW that's ruining everybody's creations. And if we can do that, I think everybody would once again be OK with the weather update.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
thetonestarr said:

Goddog, I am officially requesting two things.

(1) Could I convince you to install the WorldEdit mod? I don't see myself using it much, but with the construction of my city, it'd help a ton with clearing space, laying road, and cleaning up the god damned snow. WorldEdit is essentially a server-side in-client version of MC Edit, and you can restrict access to it to only those that you allow. Highly useful. It would also give us the opportunity to import our creations from singleplayer. I have a lot of projects I had been working on in singleplayer and I would loooooove to be able to do them on the server instead because, frankly, ever since I started playing online, I've not done ANYTHING in my SSP world.

(2) http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Mods/Biome_Terrain BIOME EDITING MODS. If we can find a way to edit the biomes of certain areas for people, we could GET RID OF THE ICE AND SNOW that's ruining everybody's creations. And if we can do that, I think everybody would once again be OK with the weather update.

Tone I will think about it. im still very hesitant to implement mods on the server.

I feel the 1.6 patch when it comes out will have either corrected weather or weather control. the issue we have is simply the oldest part of our map far outdates biomes in the game and after looking at the link provided i do not feel this mod would allow us to control pre biome map.

also looking fwd to the nether being in server 1.6 and new built in map.

as for the mapping utility ill think about it

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

In 1.6, there will NOT be any weather changes, though they may fix the bug with pre-biome areas.

And if you don't think there would be a way to control biomes appropriately, then it makes WorldEdit that much more important, because if I can't fix the snow issue in my city, then I want to MOVE the city to a warmer biome, which I could do with WorldEdit.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Ok, so I want to get back to Minecraft after a pause. Are there any servers VGC servers I could join?

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Yes. As of yet, we don't have an official name for it, but it's located at 76.123.231.98 or hansrotech.dyndns.org.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

server is back up, had a hard crash while i was at work, no logs were saved due to the type of crash anyone on then?

I was on recently, but it didn't crash while I was on.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Between Portal 2, The Orange Box and my shiny new 3DS I haven't had the chance to be on the server much lately.

I'm sure that will change soon enough though.

I miss creeper hunting.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

wick said:

Between Portal 2, The Orange Box and my shiny new 3DS I haven't had the chance to be on the server much lately.

I'm sure that will change soon enough though.

I miss creeper hunting.

i think everyone is taking  a bit of a break, i wnet through and beat portal 2sp.... i need to beat the co-op. I think ill be back no next week sometime,

also with the new rumors of ivybridge.. which is due out this year i might wait to upgrade till then, ive been waiting to see what amds bulldoser offered, and have selected parts for a i5 2500 microatx tower, but i might wait, ill post the parts below what od you guys think  the surrent build excludes an ssd i feel i will have one before i pick this up.

i5 2500   209 or
                 224  for 2500K

MB ASUS P8P67-M (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
        94.99  - 1 0r 2x

ASUS EAH6850 DC/2DIS/1GD5/V2 Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

COOLER MASTER GX Series RS650-ACAAE3-US 650W ATX12V v2.31 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

IN WIN Dragon Slayer Black 0.6mm SECC MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case

SAMSUNG DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223L LightScribe Support - OEM

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit 1-Pack - OEM

HD -~~~ 45.00

~~~962.99

edit it would take over hosting the vgc server

All that tech talk must have scared people off :P

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron