By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Story: Wii's Best Looking Game?

nordlead said:
MrT-Tar said:

lol @ people stating GC ports are Wii's best looking games

on topic, graphicalloy TLS is kick arse

hey, GC ports are the PS2's best games too.

another awesome rol thread!

Around the Network
thelifatree said:
Lazthelost said:

The fact alone that the last title from the developers of the Last Story was Lost Odyssey, this is a day one purchase. And I don't even have my Wii anymore.

I'm not sure who it's co-developed with or if its just mistwalker.

If it's not co-developed with Feelplus, then it's not really developed by the same people.

at other people
uhh, and... I love twilight princess, and I don't love Mario galaxy, but mario looks better imo.

It's not just Mistwalker, they're only a planning company and don't have the staff to make a game themselves.  It's most likely one of the AQi groups, given their last financial report said they were co-developing a game for Nintendo (and going uncredited).

My guess is it's Feelplus, though it could be cavia or Artoon too.

O-D-C said:
Conegamer said:
O-D-C said:

it sure does look that way

Agred with al the above- it's sorta like buses. You wait an entire generation for a great WiiJRPG, and then 3 come along at once!

haha so true

It leaves me however with a dilemma- buy all of them, buy none of them, or buy one of them. BUT WHICH ONE!

ARRGH!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Problably yes. We will know for sure in 3 years.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Conegamer said:
O-D-C said:
Conegamer said:
O-D-C said:

Agred with al the above- it's sorta like buses. You wait an entire generation for a great WiiJRPG, and then 3 come along at once!

haha so true

It leaves me however with a dilemma- buy all of them, buy none of them, or buy one of them. BUT WHICH ONE!

ARRGH!

If you're interested in them, at least buy ONE of them.. >.>

Around the Network

Looks like Wii's finally getting some more great looking games.  

This looks fabulous for a Wii game, though personally I still prefer Xenoblade. But he character models in LS are leaps beyond those in Xenoblade! Then again, Xenoblade's environments are much more impressive.

Both blow MH3 out of the water, though. Now if only Nintendo will fix some of the glaringly jarring graphical shortcomings of Zelda SS, we'll have 3 great looking 3rd person games coming up!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Soriku said:
Conegamer said:
O-D-C said:
Conegamer said:
O-D-C said:

haha so true

ARRGH!

All of them, duh. Unless you're like super poor.

But what 3 are you talking about? TLS, Xenoblade, and what? Zelda or DQ X?

There's also Tales of Graces if you're gonna play fan translation (like me).

ARGH!

OK, I've decided to just trade in my 360 to just buy them ALL! Hahahaha! 

wfz said:
Conegamer said:
O-D-C said:
Conegamer said:
O-D-C said:

haha so true

ARRGH!

If you're interested in them, at least buy ONE of them.. >.>

The issue is if I buy one of them, I'll want the others. It's like chocolate. It's best to have none.

last story sure looks stunning i think il deffo get that. but i dunno galaxy just looks so good in motion.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Xenoblade's character models are quite bad, but the World is stunning (and vast. and with seamless transitions between areas and from movement to battle).

By having good (or very good?) character models AND great looking areas, Last Story could best Xenoblade, but I am not sure it could best the vastness of the Xenoblade world.

In the end, it's the gameplay, originality and diversity that count, so regardless, both are must haves in my book (as will be Zelda).

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin